Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 22, 2022, 08:51:48 AM
Everton in bad shape this year JC. I think this could be the year  :(

Surprising start for west ham. Moyes had them going well.

This one tonight will be interesting too. Moyes, ten haag and lampard may not see this side of christmas!

Add Gerrard to that list

Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on August 22, 2022, 09:10:06 AM

This one tonight will be interesting too. Moyes, ten haag and lampard may not see this side of christmas!

Add Gerrard to that list

English press giving Gerrard an easy ride for what is a terrible record at Villa.

Read somewhere it is similar/worse that Neville's management record which says it all.

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on August 22, 2022, 09:13:46 AM

Add Gerrard to that list

English press giving Gerrard an easy ride for what is a terrible record at Villa.

Read somewhere it is similar/worse that Neville's management record which says it all.

What is Villa's expectation? 16th or 15th is realistic. They're playing Tyrone Mings at CH. He's worse than Maguire ffs.

quit yo jibbajabba

Rodgers possibly gone from Leicester, few rumours goin around last night

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on August 22, 2022, 09:37:54 AM

Add Gerrard to that list

What is Villa's expectation? 16th or 15th is realistic. They're playing Tyrone Mings at CH. He's worse than Maguire ffs.

They're not as bad as newcastle but would perceive themselves as a big club.

Yeah forgot about Rodgers too.

shark

Add Gerrard to that list

Wage bill is now top 10 in the league. Some reports have it as the 7th largest. Wages are a highly correlated indicator of finishing position. So bottom half is underachieving.

lurganblue

Quote from: shark on August 22, 2022, 11:09:03 AM

Add Gerrard to that list

Wage bill is now top 10 in the league. Some reports have it as the 7th largest. Wages are a highly correlated indicator of finishing position. So bottom half is underachieving.

I'd consider myself a pretty realistic fan... you have to be really, considering the dross we have had to contend with over the years.  I think 9th would be about right with this current squad.  The way Gerrard is going, that looks like pie in the sky.

I do think he's in trouble if things dont improve soon. The whole Sarr signing, on and off, makes things look even worse.

yellowcard

Lampard and Gerrard have got themselves managerial jobs on the back of their playing careers but neither strike me as particularly top class managers. Lampard has been very fortunate to get another decent job in the PL after getting sacked by Chelsea. If it wasn't for his connections he would never have got the job. Gerrard did have some success with Rangers but he was lucky that his stint coincided with a Celtic decline after Rodgers left. It wouldn't surprise me if neither see out the season. Talk of Rodgers and Moyes being under pressure is premature, both should have more than enough credit in the bank, their problem has been that their success has heightened expectations.

johnnycool

Quote from: yellowcard on August 22, 2022, 12:06:58 PM
Lampard and Gerrard have got themselves managerial jobs on the back of their playing careers but neither strike me as particularly top class managers. Lampard has been very fortunate to get another decent job in the PL after getting sacked by Chelsea. If it wasn't for his connections he would never have got the job. Gerrard did have some success with Rangers but he was lucky that his stint coincided with a Celtic decline after Rodgers left. It wouldn't surprise me if neither see out the season. Talk of Rodgers and Moyes being under pressure is premature, both should have more than enough credit in the bank, their problem has been that their success has heightened expectations.

Rodgers might jump first.

Leicester seem to be having a fire sale of their best players and nothing coming in to replace them.

Hard for any manager to do their job in those circumstances

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 22, 2022, 02:52:27 PM

Leicester seem to be having a fire sale of their best players and nothing coming in to replace them.

Would Everton take him? Seems only fair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

No Manager resigns now, unless they are going to another job. They all hang on until they are sacked as they're due a pay out.

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2022, 02:54:06 PM

There is no chance that the Everton fans will accept another former Liverpool manager after the poisonous reign of Benitez. I've no doubt Rodgers would take it though, after all he walked out on Celtic for a better offer when he was only a few games away from winning the League title. Rogers has enough credit in the bank that he will get another PL job if one inevitably crops up should he suffer the sack. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Villa.   

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2022, 02:54:06 PM

Graham Potter is the only man once Frank gets the big toe...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

snoopdog

Superb and totally unexpected performance by Man U. Its doing it week in week out. Who would've thought drop maguire and shaw and you have a chance.