Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

A brilliant year and this year certainly at club level served up some cracking games, I've yet to see 2 semi finals in recent years go right down to the wire.

County level we hit the ground running and there are a few factors involved in that, the management team were able to get nearly everyone on board, I say that as there are some other players that would certainly add to that set up, either as starters or great subs to bring on.

Secondly, the season the way it panned out allowed all our available fit players time to get ready for county, if it works, lets do it again, though for the dual clubs,  we need a bit of time to adapt or space between championship games, Rossa were out on their feet going into the final stages of championship in both codes.

Keen to get the Ulster club back also, that's when you'll know your are ready, as we haven't been competing with S'Neil recently and we really need to lift the club game to match theirs, they are the standard that needs reached.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

id agree about the dual clubs there MR2 as as much as it was great that we made another intermediate final this year the players also had one eye on the county hurling the final week.

I do think the footballers have a great appointment in Enda McGinley as manager and ive heard lots of good sounds so far with lads really wanting to buy into it already.

The camogiers also reaching an all ireland final has raised the profile of the game again for the young girls in the county to have something to aspire to.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Highlights

Wining another county championship when so many other clubs have raised their game. Rossa take a bow.

County team breaking back into div1 and Leinster championship

The collective initiative to stream all club and county matches when attendance was a non runner, a real pick me up in these strange teams. The commentary V Meath being the highlight.

Tony kelly prior to getting hurt v Waterford, what a majestic talent.

Sean Finn (thou shalt not pass)

Waterford second half v Kilkenny

Objectives for next year

Seeing the pitches constantly active with training and underage blitzes, tournaments and matches.

Dunloy to win county title and get a crack at ulster again.

Our county players to take a big scalp and Donal Og has to eat his words

That's it

Merry Christmas and happy new year to my fellow Antrim Gaels.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Not a great idea, though shopping centres are open and things were staggered.

Better not bringing bad attention, plenty time when it's safe to applaud the boys for a great year..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Pub Bore on December 19, 2020, 01:52:07 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/antrim-gaa-meet-the-players-event-is-called-off-39879339.html

Who thought this was a good idea?

This is an example of what I'm talking about earlier - a bit of common sense.

Personal responsibilty is missing.

NAG1

Can I ask a question.

I've seen on social media lately some pictures of clubs having their 'final' juvenile sessions of the year.

Am I wrong to think that clubs were shut down weeks ago?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on December 21, 2020, 02:02:08 PM
Can I ask a question.

I've seen on social media lately some pictures of clubs having their 'final' juvenile sessions of the year.

Not sure, were they allowed to open with that last break in restrictions?

I know our club were handing out selection boxes, not sure if there was any sessions tbh

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Can I ask a question.

No still allowed to train in pods of 15 up until this week(non contact)

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2020, 02:19:29 PM
Can I ask a question.

I thought that was for elite squads and I whilst there's some good work going on I didn't think an U8 group were elite..

;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on December 21, 2020, 04:20:25 PM
Can I ask a question.

I thought that was for elite squads and I whilst there's some good work going on I didn't think an U8 group were elite..

;D

I don't know anymore lol, totally confused at this stage tbh, see load of clubs on Twitter training, mostly in ROI to be fair

City Dweller

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2020, 04:34:39 PM
Can I ask a question.

;D

I don't know anymore lol, totally confused at this stage tbh, see load of clubs on Twitter training, mostly in ROI to be fair

Language of a partitionist.

paddyjohn

Quote from: marty34 on December 21, 2020, 08:15:37 PM
Can I ask a question.

;D

Soup taker surely

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on December 21, 2020, 08:15:37 PM
Can I ask a question.

;D

Don't be a dick all the time, you know fine well that the Ulster Council had 2 different sets of instructions depending on govt policy either side of border