Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

30 years ago, it was Antrim v Offaly in Croke Park in an All Ireland senior hurling semi final. The intervening period hasn't been kind to either county.

Na Glinntí Glasa

unreal result and what a game. Its a long time since ive found myself roaring at the tv at our county seeing them do so well. There might be light at the end of this long tunnel yet folks!

sets up a massive game this weekend in Dunloy. I suspect we might see a big crowd there for this game!
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

There are some very good hurlers coming through from your club DR who are really starting to complement the experience of the likes of McManus, Donnelly, Clarke etc.

I still think beating Westmeath is a big ask as they seem to be very good these days but we have a chance and great to see some real enthusiasm round the county team again. Looking forward to it.

north_antrim_hound

Westmeath at home with the standard we had in  tullamore is very winnable
The lads must be putting in a fierce amount of work.
Bar Tipp they are the most improved team in the country. You can see a system and structure to their play now that wasn't there last year, we just need some consistency now as we have had good days like Saturday before but didn't back it up next day out.

Come on the Saffs
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 03, 2019, 09:55:51 AM
unreal result and what a game. Its a long time since ive found myself roaring at the tv at our county seeing them do so well. There might be light at the end of this long tunnel yet folks!

sets up a massive game this weekend in Dunloy. I suspect we might see a big crowd there for this game!

Was in the car on Sat doing the same, roaring at the radio commentary, which was very biased ! though in fariness at the end they were full of praise for the Antrim lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2019, 10:00:31 AM
There are some very good hurlers coming through from your club DR who are really starting to complement the experience of the likes of McManus, Donnelly, Clarke etc.

I still think beating Westmeath is a big ask as they seem to be very good these days but we have a chance and great to see some real enthusiasm round the county team again. Looking forward to it.

Have to say ive been very impressed with the lads since they have been with the county. the likes of Phelim Duffin has come on massively as a defender and you can see that now in the club games. Keelan Molloy is a joy to watch now, much the same as James McNaughton. two brilliant young forwards who can only just get better and better.

You can see all of the players have bought into being a county player, the lifestyle, the training etc and also that one thing that was probably missing - the passion and pride in the shirt.

It could be disappointment this weekend but there is the shoots of hope there for the future.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Why was McNaughton not starting I wonder?

If he strengthens up a bit he could go on to be as decent as McManus I think.

Yeah I think the county will bring on you guys a lot. I honestly can't see Dunloy being beat this year but then couldn't last year but I think you will have learned from it.

Yep we have hope for Saturday. Massive win and shows you the swings and roundabouts of that competition. Lose and we were in a bad place but win and everyone is on cloud nine with the prospect of finals etc.

Na Glinntí Glasa

im not getting carried away again thinking we are going to win it lol i did that last year and ended up with egg on my face making big boasts of what were were going to do! lol

Id say we are more improved this year than the previous season. the style of hurling is good, its fast moving and the young lads coming into the team now have improved the team.

Ill just keep the fingers crossed at this stage lol
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Ha yeah you can never be sure of these things especially with Cushendall and Loughgiel but I guess we'll see.

Your clubmate McTaggart is very excited after saturday lol. he does a great job with those articles as do the rest of the guys at that website.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2019, 02:59:34 PM
Ha yeah you can never be sure of these things especially with Cushendall and Loughgiel but I guess we'll see.

Your clubmate McTaggart is very excited after saturday lol. he does a great job with those articles as do the rest of the guys at that website.

I wrote Lgiel off last year and they completely out did us on the day. tactically they got it spot on and it worked for them and we didnt perform on the day. thats what makes championship better than any league game and its why i wouldnt dare write off any team at this stage.

St Johns are going well, Cdall are doing what they always do and boil slowly during the league towards the real games.

either way it has the makings of another tight championship
hurl like f**k boi!

podge

Just watched the full match on the GAA NOW website- well worth a look if anyone hasn't seen it. The quality our guys produced in the second half was something else. Also need to mention the fitness levels which looked to be step ahead of their opponents on the day

Na Glinntí Glasa

game set for 2pm throw in now.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Going to leave soon as I expect a big crowd, hopefully the rain, if it comes is brief, bookies can't separate the teams so I'm going for a 1 point win for us, providing we finish with 15 men!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

i see on the gaa website it says the game is on 'gaanow' does that mean it'll be live?

glens73

Quote from: themac_23 on June 08, 2019, 01:30:25 PM
i see on the gaa website it says the game is on 'gaanow' does that mean it'll be live?

Yes, it's on now