Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosskarr

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 24, 2018, 09:57:42 PM
Irish's News interview was extremely embarrassing to say the very least but anyway it is what it is. Chairman stuck in the back of the Irish news beggers belief

Shane Mulholland would be a decent appoint after guiding Rostrevor to intermediate success and had a good spell at minor level so he has some experience and I see he also won the Down under 14 league with his club. He obviously knows what success is. Had a good intercounty career too
Haven't been on for a while but this post by Smurfy is just complete sh-te.  How many games did he win in the MFC with Down Minors. There is no All County League at U14 so must have been a SD title---some achievement.  Define a good County career

Cuan12

Time will tell about who will take up the gauntlet and manage Down, is it too much to ask that the new manager can get the team playing with some flair , I stated my feelings on the selection panel but having done so hope the process doesn't take an age as the championship gives any new manager what he has to work with potentially.

Dubh driocht

The selection panel has my full confidence and support. Dedicated and informed men who have the interests of Down football at heart. They have their work cut out mind you; taking on the role wouldn't be hugely attractive but I agree that we have enough talented players to make us competitive in Ulster, get out of Division 3 and get a run in the Super 8s within 3 years

Smurfy123

At least we are making the back pages of the Irish news again. 3 days in a row on the back page. That's something we haven't been doing in a long time

our_fella

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 25, 2018, 08:12:02 AM
I don't think he dismisses POR but he did say he has to much on his plate already. Certainly new modern men picking it is no harm. Lads with all due respect to SM but he would not be fit to manage this Down team. His minor days were a complete disaster from the word go in terms of missing training not winning a match poor training  and finally the bus event. Rostrevor win the intermediate after beating nobody on route. They have now went from strength to strength this year under Copeland with the players suggesting that it's a far better regime and 100 times more professional. I was taking the piss when I mentioned him along with McEntee Tally McIvor Moran and the rest. What in God's name have we become as a county. Poacher on his own would have gained more credibility. What was his record as minor boss btw? Q the backlash from wobbler whom is a fantastic poster btw.
SM can certainly talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Let's call a spade a spade here no doubt wobbler will feel very different.

Whats this about? Same story about taking underage lads out on the lash?

downjim

Poacher/Mulholland seems to be gathering pace

Smurfy123

Something tells me wee clownjim is not a Burren man at all😉

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 26, 2018, 09:18:19 AM
Something tells me wee clownjim is not a Burren man at all😉

That something is another poster after you have spent the last number of months obsessing over Burren every time downjim posts something.

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 21, 2018, 09:31:42 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 21, 2018, 09:10:26 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 21, 2018, 08:57:10 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 21, 2018, 08:45:48 PM
Downjim when are these Burren lads going to grow a set?
is someone from burren bullying you at school smurfy? you seem to have some serious issues with burren and their set of balls or lack of.

It's more about ClownJim who is absolutely downright disrespectful to any club in Down not in the greater Burren area.

Would you ever consider that he is a complete WUM and will love the fact that some of yous react to it.  I also have my doubts as to whether he is actually from Burren.

supersub

Quote from: downjim on July 26, 2018, 09:12:11 AM
Poacher/Mulholland seems to be gathering pace

By gathering pace do you mean the one article which was obviously a journalist looking for a headline has been shared in numerous places?

Smurfy123

I hear the oul boy Devlin went home with his tail between his legs last night in Burren. Talking when he should have been listening

downjim

Don't know what you are on about?? Sure we have no balls  ;)

Exciting enough game but it was good for our younger lads to taste that victory.

I'm sure Kilcoo will be happy enough but we're they missing that many last night?? Are their supporters happy with the tinkering?

Cuan12

Disgraceful scenes at burren last night , on and of the pitch , had referee been assessed last night he wouldn't officiate at another game, the free for all caused a disturbance in the crowd , a bad advert for down football, at least two from each side could have and should have seen the line for striking, same ref needs to grown a set , maybe he should be mindful that some one could have been badly hurt , football when the teams decided to play football was good in parts, wouldn't read to much into result as both teams will probably line out differently come championship, it's a contact sport but I wonder how many of the boxers on show last night would step into the ring ?

Smurfy123

I don't think devlin would fancy getting into a ring. His head was used as a punchbag last night

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Cuan12 on July 27, 2018, 12:30:21 PM
Disgraceful scenes at burren last night , on and of the pitch , had referee been assessed last night he wouldn't officiate at another game, the free for all caused a disturbance in the crowd , a bad advert for down football, at least two from each side could have and should have seen the line for striking, same ref needs to grown a set , maybe he should be mindful that some one could have been badly hurt , football when the teams decided to play football was good in parts, wouldn't read to much into result as both teams will probably line out differently come championship, it's a contact sport but I wonder how many of the boxers on show last night would step into the ring ?

The usual mouthy shite from certain characters caused a disturbance in the crowd.

befair

Quote from: Cuan12 on July 27, 2018, 12:30:21 PM

Yeh sure, it was the ref's fault.......