Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2019, 12:53:12 PM
I wonder how Mickey Harte feels after getting publicly bitch slapped by Arlene Foster.

Has Arlene apologised for her councillors grinning in front of burning Irish flags? Mickey had nothing to apologise for but at least took the high moral ground - and DUP and Orange Order as usual will be the only ones coming out of this looking like the true bigots they are. Anyway, hope we can focus on football now.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2019, 12:59:28 PM
I wonder how Mickey Harte feels after getting publicly bitch slapped by Arlene Foster.

Surely a Monaghan fan knows what a bitch slapping feels like. Tyrone have been doing it to them consistently in the latter stages of the championship in recent years.

Been going on a long time now right enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

greatpoint

Surely a Monaghan fan knows what a bitch slapping feels like. Tyrone have been doing it to them consistently in the latter stages of the championship in recent years.

To be fair I think Tyrone have been lucky in drawing Monaghan time and time again in the QFs and last year's SF. I don't think they would have progressed any further had they played Dublin, Mayo, Kerry, or Galway in any of those games.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: greatpoint on July 09, 2019, 01:48:28 PM

To be fair I think Tyrone have been lucky in drawing Monaghan time and time again in the QFs and last year's SF. I don't think they would have progressed any further had they played Dublin, Mayo, Kerry, or Galway in any of those games.

Would the Mayo or Kerry of last year have gone and won a knockout game in Ballybofey to qualify for the semi finals?

Also Tyrone beat Monaghan who played Kerry of the park for long spells.

Main Street

Arlene sure knows how to put the offensive tyronies into their rightfull place and to extract fulsome Uncle Tom apologies for aberrant behaviour.

Rossfan

Not the Tyrone squad's (some of them anyway) finest hour.
Micky Harte has put the publicity if it to bed fairly quickly.
Certainly not helping the Ulster Council in reaching out etc.

Now maybe Arlene can concentrate on things like her party members supporting burning their neighbours' National flag and people being forced out of their homes by illegal organisations building illegal bonfires beside their houses, intimidation etc etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2019, 04:52:34 PM
Not the Tyrone squad's (some of them anyway) finest hour.
Micky Harte has put the publicity if it to bed fairly quickly.
Certainly not helping the Ulster Council in reaching out etc.

Now maybe Arlene can concentrate on things like her party members supporting burning their neighbours' National flag and people being forced out of their homes by illegal organisations building illegal bonfires beside their houses, intimidation etc etc
Problem there is you are positing the GAA as the opposite of loyalist kulture. Which means when something like this happens you leave the GAA open to that sort of whataboutery.

Silly boys, rat in tbe dressing room, cop on lads. End of

Angelo

It's a mountain out of a molehill, fairly harmless and a few lads in their 20s on a bus having a laugh, the fact that this generation of youngsters feel the need to let the world know what they eat for breakfast is the reason it has come to light.

It's the spin it allows the unionists play really that is the issue.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear ón Srath Bán

If they were singing 'up to our necks in Orange blood', à la those bands marching by, then there might be an issue; they weren't, and there's not.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Armagh18

Rossfan

Amazing how yer man who says he's not Paul Kimmage only appears when there's a negative GAA story about. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Between Hartes cards and marching bands there is a lot of external noise in that Tyrone camp this week. Focus might not be the best.
Not a sound from the Rossie camp and thats the way to have it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 09, 2019, 09:03:47 PM
Between Hartes cards and marching bands there is a lot of external noise in that Tyrone camp this week. Focus might not be the best.
Not a sound from the Rossie camp and thats the way to have it.

You clearly know nothing about Hartes ability to foster a seige mentality.
That was never a square ball!!

giveballaghback