Songs (or singing voices) that you can’t bear to listen to

Started by AustinPowers, November 03, 2022, 12:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Not sure there's been  a thread similar , but today I was very unfortunate to hear two songs I cannot bloody stand. I physically have to turn off the  radio/TV if I hear them.

Spice Girls -  Wannabe
Neil Diamond- Sweet Caroline

(Tbh I absolutely can't stand Neil Diamond's  voice at all. Christ but it's annoying)

Anyway, thought I'd start  a thread.

Let's have it...........

Captain Obvious

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 03, 2022, 12:53:51 AM
Not sure there's been  a thread similar , but today I was very unfortunate to hear two songs I cannot bloody stand. I physically have to turn off the  radio/TV if I hear them.

Spice Girls -  Wannabe

(Tbh I absolutely can't stand Neil Diamond's  voice at all. Christ but it's annoying)

Let's have it...........

I'd like to hear who you like if you can't bear a good singer like Neil Diamond.

screenexile

Was looking for a thread to talk about music.. Amazon acting the bollix with their new music app. Limited "skip" for Prime members the bastards!!

£9 extra for Prime members per month!

Eamonnca1

George W Bush, especially when he says "nucular."
Donald Trump, especially when he pronounces China as "dyina."

Women who speak with vocal fry (a bit like Neil Diamond). Or vocal fry combined with uptalk. The trifecta is vocal fry, uptalk, and a load of filler words like "um," "sort of," and "you know" that just pad it out. Then there's the ones who say "right?" at the end of every sentence. Recently took some classes where the lecturers did that. They'd say "right" about 1000 times every night. I had to give them feedback so they could knock it off.

seafoid

When I was younger I hated the Corrs.
Now in the car our daughter insists on playing her music all the time. I am sick of Adele and Sia. Chandelier has a big beat but it's really despairing.

I really don't like Uptown Funk, animals by Maroon 5 and Treat you better.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Alan Carr and Chris Evans. Evans just shouts. People who shout on tv. Or maybe it's just the shouting and not the people. Shouters then. That Rylan fella. The more you shout the more you're on the TV. That Micah Richards boy is a shouter. Graham Norton doesn't shout as much as he used to. So the answer is Chris Evans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Truth hurts

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 03, 2022, 01:44:56 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on November 03, 2022, 12:53:51 AM

Spice Girls -  Wannabe

Let's have it...........

I'd like to hear who you like if you can't bear a good singer like Neil Diamond.

Awful voice he has.  Can't listen to him at all.

Btw, I was thinking  more of singing voices you can't bear rather than  speaking voices

AustinPowers

Can't listen to Ellie Goulding . Awful piercing voice

Adele as well . I really can't  understand her popularity . Very sore on  the ears, that one

Can't bear Lulu - especially that  song Shout.  Oh Christ

That fella from the stereophonics. Most of their songs  I can't hack

tbrick18

Not songs, but voices that really annoy me:

Jeffery Donaldson
Arlene Foster
Jim Allister
Stephen Nolan
Jaimie Bwyson

Anyone with a Belfast accent who thinks they are posh.
Anyone with a Bangor accent who thinks they are posh.

Ryan Tubridy

Adrian Logan

I happened to switch on a show last night on BBC1 about some tyrone country singer girl getting married to a drummer from westmeath (I think). Sweet jaysus her accent would make you want to stick pencils in your ears. In fact, any of those tyrone bbc fly on the wall things....no idea who thought they were a good idea. No place like Tyrone? Seriously WTF.

Jacob Reece Mog

Rylan Clarke

Alan Carr

Des Bishop

Mark Sidebottom - I feel bad about this one as he seems a dead on sort of boy, but I can't listen to him.

Joanne Cantwell - nails on a blackboard

Snowpatrol...borefest

Any of this modern rap rubbish

weareros

Any of those processed boy singer voices all singing what sounds like same whiney song, or squeaky Ed Sheerin murdering an Irish ballad.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2022, 10:13:14 AM
Not songs, but voices that really annoy me:

Jeffery Donaldson
Arlene Foster
Jim Allister
Stephen Nolan
Jaimie Bwyson

Anyone with a Belfast accent who thinks they are posh.
Anyone with a Bangor accent who thinks they are posh.

Ryan Tubridy

Adrian Logan

I happened to switch on a show last night on BBC1 about some tyrone country singer girl getting married to a drummer from westmeath (I think). Sweet jaysus her accent would make you want to stick pencils in your ears. In fact, any of those tyrone bbc fly on the wall things....no idea who thought they were a good idea. No place like Tyrone? Seriously WTF.

Jacob Reece Mog

Rylan Clarke

Alan Carr

Des Bishop

Mark Sidebottom - I feel bad about this one as he seems a dead on sort of boy, but I can't listen to him.

Joanne Cantwell - nails on a blackboard

Snowpatrol...borefest

Any of this modern rap rubbish

Bet you feel better gettin all that off yer chest tbrick 😃

general_lee

Pretty much any song on cool fm and any of their presenters as soon as they open their mouths.

There's been a surge in "food reviewers" on social media, mainly Instagram and tiktok - all seem to be a person who has
Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2022, 10:13:14 AM
a Belfast accent who thinks they are posh.
a Bangor accent who thinks they are posh.

bigarsedkeeper

James Cordon - can't even watch Gavin & Stacey because of him