Ooh Ah Up The Ra

Started by illdecide, October 14, 2022, 09:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: seafoid on October 18, 2022, 08:25:01 PM
https://youtu.be/eY2FgX6dhCc

I didn't realise just how threatened Loyalists really feel!!!. What have they really to fear anyway?. The Catholic's up North will never treat them they way they treated us and the Southern brigade will probably pamper them and give them what they want. A United Ireland will do them no harm at all but I think we'll all agree they'd rather fall on their own swords first
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh18

Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2022, 11:51:40 AM

I didn't realise just how threatened Loyalists really feel!!!. What have they really to fear anyway?. The Catholic's up North will never treat them they way they treated us and the Southern brigade will probably pamper them and give them what they want. A United Ireland will do them no harm at all but I think we'll all agree they'd rather fall on their own swords first
If anything they'll get far better treatment in a UI than they currently do from London who could not give a shite about them. They'll get far more of a say in an Irish parliament than they currently do in Westminster

illdecide

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 19, 2022, 11:56:43 AM

If anything they'll get far better treatment in a UI than they currently do from London who could not give a shite about them. They'll get far more of a say in an Irish parliament than they currently do in Westminster

My thoughts exactly...

johnnycool

Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2022, 12:02:46 PM

My thoughts exactly...

It's not about that though, it's about superiority and they haven't come to terms with that yet, so aligning with this thread it's their persecution complex that they're a peaceful bunch set upon by the murderous Catholics wanting to wipe them out.

imtommygunn

Election time coming up has probably cranked it up a bit.

tbrick18

Quote from: johnnycool on October 19, 2022, 12:13:40 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2022, 12:02:46 PM

My thoughts exactly...

It's not about that though, it's about superiority and they haven't come to terms with that yet, so aligning with this thread it's their persecution complex that they're a peaceful bunch set upon by the murderous Catholics wanting to wipe them out.

Its all about superiority.
They still haven't come to terms with the fact that Irish Catholics and Nationalists are equals. When elected, they only represent the people who vote for them and not the entire population - which leads to contempt and further division.
There is a minority of unionists, namely the loyalist demographic, which will not accept Catholicism or Irish Nationalism. Even if they were to have a better quality of life they would not accept it.
So they take every opportunity to shout about those murderous IRA supporting catholics in an attempt to make sure others think the same way as them.

I think (or at least hope) eventually, over time, that demographic will die out. But it won't be soon as hatred and bigotry breeds more hatred and bigotry.

red hander

We've broken the bastards with equality, to paraphrase...

illdecide

It's only 2-3 generations where this blight on our Irish history has taken place and it's hard to believe that my Grandfather as a child was in one undivided Ireland (was all about to kick off). I mean what do these people think to themselves living in this Country from the Unionist/Loyalist community knowing their Grandparents are responsible for this mess..
During its history, the United Kingdom's forces (or forces with a British mandate) have invaded, had some control over or fought conflicts in 171 of the world's 193

Countries that are currently UN member states, or nine out of ten of all countries.
Anguilla
Bermuda
British Antarctic Territory (BAT) - ASSI has no direct responsibility in relation to BAT as the Antarctic Treaty takes precedence.
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Falkland Islands
Gibraltar - outside ASSI's remit due to its position within the European Union.
Montserrat
Pitcairn Island, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
Sovereign Base Areas (SBA) - ASSI's responsibility in relation to the SBA is limited to the provision of advice to the Administrator.
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands

AustinPowers

I honestly think  if a UI happened,  nationalists in the north  would again be the poorer for it, just like after partition.  Let's face it , the Dublin government would have to   bend over backwards to be seen  pumping money into unionist areas  in terms of housing , jobs,education etc etc .  Northern Unionists have more to  gain in a UI than northern nationalists . Unionist "culture",  orange marches , Ulster Scots, and all that  , would take off like never before

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 19, 2022, 05:38:32 PM

I honestly think  if a UI happened,  nationalists in the north  would again be the poorer for it, just like after partition.  Let's face it , the Dublin government would have to   bend over backwards to be seen  pumping money into unionist areas  in terms of housing , jobs,education etc etc .  Northern Unionists have more to  gain in a UI than northern nationalists . Unionist "culture",  orange marches , Ulster Scots, and all that  , would take off like never before
After reunification the North will need some kind of Marshall Plan. It has been left behind since 1968. The real community to worry about is the loyalists. They couldn't compete on the open market of a UI against farmers kids from Mayo.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 19, 2022, 05:38:32 PM

Doooooooom, glooooooooom....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

You can butter it up as much as you want but the Unionist won't vote for a UI, its like turkeys voting for Christmas, or a Northern Nationalist voting to stay in the UK  ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2022, 09:26:38 AM
You can butter it up as much as you want but the Unionist won't vote for a UI, its like turkeys voting for Christmas, or a Northern Nationalist voting to stay in the UK  ;)

This is it though, the bit Unionism hasn't come to terms with, to achieve a majority of 50+1 you don't need a Unionist to vote for it as per the last census figures and the trends within it are suggesting it's only going the one way unless Jamie Bryson and the UVF start a shagathon within the loyal orders..

Itchy

Quote from: johnnycool on October 20, 2022, 09:39:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2022, 09:26:38 AM

This is it though, the bit Unionism hasn't come to terms with, to achieve a majority of 50+1 you don't need a Unionist to vote for it as per the last census figures and the trends within it are suggesting it's only going the one way unless Jamie Bryson and the UVF start a shagathon within the loyal orders..

They dont and wont need to vote for it, sure by definition they are "unionists". If they vote for a UI they are no longer Unionists. What they do need to do is get used to the facts of what is coming, get involved and get the best deal for their people that they can.