Ooh Ah Up The Ra

Started by illdecide, October 14, 2022, 09:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

I don't understand why  that Irish player being interviewed didn't just say , there's a statement been put out already and I'm   saying no more on the matter.  Now,  do you have a question about the football? No? Well, I'm off then

weareros

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2022, 04:08:58 PM
It's far from over though. The scottish police are apparently involved too.

I can see them investigating all the graffiti on the wall with a few suits from UEFA scratching their chins saying so zee sailor was pozzessed by zee devil and he zeez ze graffiti on zee wall and he zings ooh ah up ze ra?

Orior

I remember once going on a work outing, and we were singing on the bus with a mixed crowd of NI civil servants. Myself and a few others starting singing "we're on the one road, sharing the one load....." and then realised oops, we can't finish this one, so had to quickly switch tunes.

If people had had mobile phones back then we might have gotten into trouble. So part of the problem is now that people inadvertantly or mischieviously share videos online to an audience who are waiting to be offended.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

whitey

Remember when we were kids

Eena, Meena, Mina Mo........, catch a Nā€”ā€”-R by the toe

I'm guessing anyone over 50 years said this a thousand times

Did anyone have a Golliwog? My brother had one that a cousin brought home from England

Times change......things that were commonplace and perfectly normal decades are no longer acceptable

I think shouting and singing "Up the Ra" in todays environment is completely unacceptable.

Everyone on here was outraged (and rightly so) when those bandsmen were recorded singing about a poor girl who got murdered on her honeymoon.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's only a bit o craic

bennydorano

Haven't even come across the footage yet believe it or not.

Love Celtic Symphony, great tune, have saw the Wolfe Tones a few times. One weekend in Bundoran after the LOLS were forced down the Garvaghy road, that was a lively night in the Astoria!!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

People expect the Wolfe Tones to sing ooh ah up the ra.
They don't expect the ladies soccer team.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rudi

Quote from: seafoid on October 14, 2022, 06:48:31 PM

Daft comment, the ladies performed on the field. Afterwards celebrated in dressing room. Why somebody got their phone out to video the ladies & share online, knowing full well the consequences is the main issue. As someone else was saying people go out of their way to be offended.

LeoMc

Quote from: Rudi on October 14, 2022, 07:02:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 14, 2022, 06:48:31 PM

Daft comment, the ladies performed on the field. Afterwards celebrated in dressing room. Why somebody got their phone out to video the ladies & share online, knowing full well the consequences is the main issue. As someone else was saying people go out of their way to be offended.
One of the players apparently. If in that dressing room she was more concerned with sending videos to her mates than in celebrating with her team then it is an indication of where her priorities lay.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

As I said the 10% rebel tune brigade have fairly grown in peace times.

Stop pretending. Yous weren't there mostly. Move on

balladmaker

If someone doesn't like a song, then don't listen to it.  But don't try to stop other people from listening to it or singing it if they so wish.  Each to their own.  As for the FAI apology, I considered it unnecessary.  As for the Sky Sports pundit, he can &*^* away off and get himself educated on colonialism and its impact across the globe.  Shame on the FAI for putting the young lady through an interview like that.

It is great to see Irish songs permeating through the Irish Top 100 since Wednesday, as well as sitting at No. 2 in UK iTunes ... RTE should take note.

balladmaker

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2022, 04:08:58 PM
It's far from over though. The scottish police are apparently involved too.

Many of the 60,000 in attendance in Celtic Park sang the same song on Tuesday night as well.  Celtic have included the track of it in their pre-match light show for the stadium to sing along to (check it out on YouTube) ... nothing to see here by either Police Scotland or UEFA, we've been here before.

grounded

Quote from: whitey on October 14, 2022, 05:38:40 PM
Remember when we were kids

Eena, Meena, Mina Mo........, catch a Nā€”ā€”-R by the toe

I'm guessing anyone over 50 years said this a thousand times

Did anyone have a Golliwog? My brother had one that a cousin brought home from England

Times change......things that were commonplace and perfectly normal decades are no longer acceptable

I think shouting and singing "Up the Ra" in todays environment is completely unacceptable.

Everyone on here was outraged (and rightly so) when those bandsmen were recorded singing about a poor girl who got murdered on her honeymoon.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's only a bit o craic

Golliwog, Christ i'd almost forgotten about those. They were on Robertson's jam (i think?)
     I think your right about times changing. Although i think a lot of it is faux outrage. On another note why was anyone videoing anything in a changing room, thats liable to cause trouble at the best od times.

nrico2006

I don't understand why a bunch of girls, when celebrating the biggest win if their lives, chose to sing that song. You could understand it if it was a bunch of teenage boys from the North, but a group of Southern women is a strange one. Pure cringe. Any team I've played in usually just went for 'Championees'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 14, 2022, 10:47:32 PM
I don't understand why a bunch of girls, when celebrating the biggest win if their lives, chose to sing that song. You could understand it if it was a bunch of teenage boys from the North, but a group of Southern women is a strange one. Pure cringe. Any team I've played in usually just went for 'Championees'.

Yep. It's odd