Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on September 03, 2023, 01:49:31 PM
Eddie Howe is under pressure now as well. There's been people beheaded for less in Saudi.

He's been asked to go to some consulate in Istanbul for a team update!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Liverpool pretty impressive in that first half against a decent Villa side.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

AustinPowers

When the saudi's  came in , Newcastle were  struggling  that season , and I was hoping they'd go down , as it would just  be funny  being in the championship. and all that oil money

Anyway, last season  I was  happy  to see Howe  do well with  Newcastle  ,  as it meant  the saudi's had no  reason to sack him , because let's  face its  , a Guardiola  type figure  will be on the way  in time

Now that Newcastle  have had a poor start , that could be enough reason for the oil  men to get rid. Hopefully not though , and he turns it around

Hound

Arsenal 3 Man U 1 was a great game.

Seemed ridiculous not to give Arsenal that penalty in the 2nd half.
Garnacho very unlucky - one of those that is clearly level in old money, but VAR insists on the tiny lines.
Rice showing he's one of the top midfield men in the country.
Not sure how Nketiah starts for Arsenal. Or how he's in the England squad!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2023, 06:51:13 PM

Garnacho very unlucky - one of those that is clearly level in old money, but VAR insists on the tiny lines.

Not sure if the contact for the penalty was the first or for the second, he ran into a space and wasn't clipped but his trailing foot caught the defenders calf. No touch for initial 'contact'

Not sure on the offside, the line came down on the feet? Though I thought straight away it was offside
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2023, 06:55:10 PM

Not sure if the contact for the penalty was the first or for the second, he ran into a space and wasn't clipped but his trailing foot caught the defenders calf. No touch for initial 'contact'

Not sure on the offside, the line came down on the feet? Though I thought straight away it was offside
There was definitely contact. I've never before seen a peno decision overturned when there was contact. Usually those ones with little contact  go with whatever the ref decides, as there's not enough to be clearly and and obviously an error. But maybe they're changing

It was Garnacho's shoulder a mm ahead of Gabriel's head I believe. In my view VAR has completely ignored the spirit of the offside law, ie it's a unfair advantage to be ahead of the last defender so therefore illegal. In rugby they'll put the freeze frame up on the big screen and the ref judges level or ahead by common sense.

Before VAR, analysts and fans would have looked at that replay and decided the linesman got it spot on, Garnacho was level, therefore onside.

Milltown Row2

There was no 'first' contact and the second one was his trailing foot on defenders calf. I suppose you see what you want to see in these circumstances

Nanderson

Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2023, 07:47:19 PM

There was definitely contact. I've never before seen a peno decision overturned when there was contact. Usually those ones with little contact  go with whatever the ref decides, as there's not enough to be clearly and and obviously an error. But maybe they're changing

It was Garnacho's shoulder a mm ahead of Gabriel's head I believe. In my view VAR has completely ignored the spirit of the offside law, ie it's a unfair advantage to be ahead of the last defender so therefore illegal. In rugby they'll put the freeze frame up on the big screen and the ref judges level or ahead by common sense.

Before VAR, analysts and fans would have looked at that replay and decided the linesman got it spot on, Garnacho was level, therefore onside.
I'd much rather the offside rule to be changed to the attacker only has to have a part of his body level or behind the defender to give the benefit to the attacker. Would be a lot more goals scored

RedHand88

Quote from: Nanderson on September 03, 2023, 08:28:08 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2023, 07:47:19 PM

I'd much rather the offside rule to be changed to the attacker only has to have a part of his body level or behind the defender to give the benefit to the attacker. Would be a lot more goals scored

Wouldn't change anything I don't think. Just moves the line. Attackers will always play on the line regardless of where it is, to get an advantage.
There would still be marginal calls and var reviews.

quit yo jibbajabba

Sancho/Ten Haag feuding

Dyche/Gray similar at Everton

Premiership - never dull

seafoid

The bottom 5 are Bournemouth, Everton and the 3 promoted clubs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 03, 2023, 08:56:55 PM
Sancho/Ten Haag feuding

Dyche/Gray similar at Everton

Premiership - never dull

Sancho will be joining Salah in Saudi

jcpen

Chelsea very poor in that game. Themselves and Man United for all the money they've both spent are both really struggling.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Blowitupref

Chelsea's under Mauricio Pochettino in the Premier league so far.  Played 5 Points 5, Goals 5 and conceded 5.  On course for 38 points which might be enough to keep them up?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

Quote from: jcpen on September 17, 2023, 03:57:15 PM
Chelsea very poor in that game. Themselves and Man United for all the money they've both spent are both really struggling.

And wealthy Newcastle who's owners minimal target will be Champions league football again for new year. Chelsea of the trio requires the most improvement, 12th and 44 points was embarrassing for them last season.