FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazil and England the pick of the teams thus far

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

smort

Brazil the best team after all the first round games. They are so dangerous going forward, and the strength in depth is impressive

Serbia no mugs either

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on November 24, 2022, 08:35:12 PM
He's not too bad at Tottenham. He knows how to score. Does he have any Irish grandparents?
Has scored as many goals for Brazil tonight as he has for Tottenham this season.

RedHand88

toby47

And England beat a brilliant Iran side

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 24, 2022, 08:55:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 24, 2022, 08:40:02 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on November 24, 2022, 08:38:33 PM
Brazil and England the pick of the teams thus far
Spain? France?

Nah they were up against nothing.
France were suspect at the back against Australia, Brazil weren't great first half. Spain and England with the best performances probably but again not up against much.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2022, 08:37:15 PM
Some amount of PL players on that Brazil team
That's the problem. I think the Brazil 1982 team, the greatest team I've ever watched, had just one player playing in Europe - Falcao. Argentina 78 had only Kempes playing in Europe. All the South American flair had been taken away by the fact that their players are now playing in the Premier League. As World Cups go, and I've been watching since 1970, this is the worst so far. I hope it improves but there's nothing to suggest that might be the case
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 24, 2022, 10:05:07 PM
That's the problem. I think the Brazil 1982 team, the greatest team I've ever watched, had just one player playing in Europe - Falcao. Argentina 78 had only Kempes playing in Europe. All the South American flair had been taken away by the fact that their players are now playing in the Premier League. As World Cups go, and I've been watching since 1970, this is the worst so far. I hope it improves but there's nothing to suggest that might be the case

Styles will have changed due to tactics and so on, whether we like it or not the PL draws the best players due to money

8 European winners during that period you've been watching,  3 Brazil and 2 Argentine wins for South Americans
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Jesus folks but it's hard to watch the diving and constant play acting.  Why oh why can this not be taken out of the game?  Very simple to look at the main culprits after a game and take action.  Yes some things may be missed or be difficult to judge but many of them would be caught out

Jell 0 Biafra

Worse than Italia 90? 

clarshack

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 24, 2022, 11:21:50 PM

Worse than Italia 90?

I started to think about all the different games there at Italia 90 and yeah it was rotten.

Dougal Maguire

In fairness we were all caught up in the whole Ireland adventure and turned a blind eye to how bad it was. But you're right  it was pretty poor.
Careful now

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 24, 2022, 11:56:17 PM
In fairness we were all caught up in the whole Ireland adventure and turned a blind eye to how bad it was. But you're right  it was pretty poor.

I absolutely loved Italia 90

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, it was great fun, cos we were involved.  And then Cameroon nearly beat England.   And England lost on pennos. And Maradonna  and Germany did a rematch.  But the games themselves were pretty turgid.  They even changed the rules after to make the game more watchable.