?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

lenny

Quote from: lenny on October 06, 2022, 07:15:27 PM
Quote from: ONEDerry on October 06, 2022, 06:55:30 PM
A complete shambles. Everyone new 4 went down this year. The seeding if anything was put in to benefit the clubs that finished higher in the groups.

Those 8 clubs should have been put in 2 groups of 4 and played each other round robin. Bottom 2 in each group goes down. That way teams have a few games to save themselves rather than a one off match. If that had been the case I'd say there wouldn't have been the same objections. Looks like relegation won't happen this year so it is a bit shambolic but maybe it suits the powers that be also.

As I predicted, relegation not happening seems to have suited the powers that be even though appeals were thrown out. There needs to be engagement with the clubs and an agreement re the leagues for next season. Everything needs agreed and everyone on board before the season starts.

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: Cluborcountywhynotboth on September 28, 2022, 05:37:02 PM
Quote from: toby47 on September 28, 2022, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 28, 2022, 01:56:43 PM
Any predictions for Senior QFs, relegation playoffs, IFC Sfs or JFC? Swatragh fancy themselves for an upset?

Are the relegation play offs going to go ahead?

Rumours of teams appealing. Anyone any information what the case for appeal is?
Won't matter anyway, they will just change it again in the off season to suit the 'big clubs'. You really think they are going to let Bellaghy or Ballinascreen go down? No chance.
Surprise surprise, exactly as I said weeks ago.

clarshack

Quote from: Cluborcountywhynotboth on October 12, 2022, 02:45:32 PM
Any predictions for Senior QFs, relegation playoffs, IFC Sfs or JFC? Swatragh fancy themselves for an upset?

Won't matter anyway, they will just change it again in the off season to suit the 'big clubs'. You really think they are going to let Bellaghy or Ballinascreen go down? No chance.

Wasn't there a real bad row between Ballinderry and I think Lavey? about 20 years ago and both teams were banned for the rest of that season meaning both would be relegated, so they then created 1A and 1B league divisons for the following season in order to keep them as Senior clubs? Or did I imagine all that happening?

Rawhide

Is this a case of Derry CCC knowing when this went to the DRA they would loose and decided to save everyone the hassle, especially the amount of players having to train whilst waiting on the outcome?
cccc is a true supporter lol

Highland Paddy

Is the Derry county final on TG4, RTE or are the county board showing it live

LoughNeagh

Quote from: Highland Paddy on October 13, 2022, 07:37:31 PM
Is the Derry county final on TG4, RTE or are the county board showing it live

Derry board will show it on their service for sure

LoughNeagh

Quote from: clarshack on October 12, 2022, 04:20:54 PM
Quote from: Cluborcountywhynotboth on October 12, 2022, 02:45:32 PM

Wasn't there a real bad row between Ballinderry and I think Lavey? about 20 years ago and both teams were banned for the rest of that season meaning both would be relegated, so they then created 1A and 1B league divisons for the following season in order to keep them as Senior clubs? Or did I imagine all that happening?

I don't know if that is true or not but I used to liked the 1A / 1B set-up. A1 was competitive and good quality but also gave a lot more teams a go at the senior championship

Highland Paddy

What happens now with relegation? Will there be a fresh draw

Highland Paddy

Enda Muldoon joined Pius as a GAA Development Officer. Is this a Derry Board move. Barker making changes already?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Highland Paddy on October 13, 2022, 11:20:20 PM
Enda Muldoon joined Pius as a GAA Development Officer. Is this a Derry Board move. Barker making changes already?

Is Johnny McGurk in a similar role at St. Marys? Ronan Devlin I think originally had that role, before returning eventually as a PE teacher.

Not sure how the funding works, you would imagine a split enterprise somewhere between the school, Derry GAA and maybe even Ulster GAA.

Highland Paddy

Who are the big dawgs in the MacCrory Cup this year? If St Pius and St Colm's Derry could get into it, surely that be some lifter

RandyDupree

If I'm taking a 10 year old to the Derry senior final, do they need a ticket or do they get free admission? Thanks

JoG2

Quote from: RandyDupree on October 14, 2022, 10:31:48 AM
If I'm taking a 10 year old to the Derry senior final, do they need a ticket or do they get free admission? Thanks

Free, £12 for adults

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2022, 11:02:40 AM

Free, £12 for adults

Is it just me or is upping the price per round by a couple of quid not a rip off ? Same sport, same players, no better quality, so......
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

lenny

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 14, 2022, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2022, 11:02:40 AM

Free, £12 for adults

Is it just me or is upping the price per round by a couple of quid not a rip off ? Same sport, same players, no better quality, so......

Still fairly cheap compared to quite a few counties.