Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

GAA
Irish examiner podcast
Our game

Other
David mc Williams- excellent
Joe rogan

If your interested in Middle East conflicts and the mindset of Islam fundamentalist
Conflicted is good
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Snapchap on September 27, 2021, 03:09:57 PM
Excellent podcast out called 'The Witness: In His Own Words'. Ten episodes of around a half hour each.

It's about the youngest person to ever be entered into the Witness Protection Programme in the south - Joseph O'Callaghan - who from the age of 12 was coerced into working for Dublin gangster Brian Kenny, mostly in dealing heroin, until he eventually escaped Kenny's control and gave a statement to the GardaĆ­ about a murder he knew Kenny and another of his associates had committed.

The podcast is essentially just O'Callaghan telling his story. He comes across as an unbelievably decent human being who has had more trauma in his life than anyone should ever have to deal with.

Thats an outstanding listen. Very dark and very sad but a story that needed told and the podcast does it very well.

Snapchap

Can someone please recommend a podcast worth listening to.

I've come to realise that good ones are very hard to find amidst a minefield of absolute rubbish.

I have my regular GAA ones, and enjoy the Irish History Podcast. Looking for anything history/documentary based? True crime based? Any that have a good story to tell?

tiempo

Used to like The Rewatchables, movie podcast, but their take on There Will Be Blood this week was awful. The Cine-Files, similar MO. Was a 3 hour pod on the Godfather part 1, 90mins in they were still on the first 15mins of the movie (few tangents thrown in no doubt), found it really interesting how they broke down the making of a masterpiece, the cultural impact and the various protagonists

general_lee

Quote from: Snapchap on July 29, 2022, 10:15:07 AM
Can someone please recommend a podcast worth listening to.

I've come to realise that good ones are very hard to find amidst a minefield of absolute rubbish.

I have my regular GAA ones, and enjoy the Irish History Podcast. Looking for anything history/documentary based? True crime based? Any that have a good story to tell?
Patricia Devlin has a good one if you haven't already listened, Troubles related stuff.

J70

I'm going through "13 minutes to the moon" again.

It's a brilliant podcast on the Apollo missions from the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2

Minder

Quote from: J70 on July 29, 2022, 12:46:04 PM
I'm going through "13 minutes to the moon" again.

It's a brilliant podcast on the Apollo missions from the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2

It's amazing
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Snapchap

Thanks folks. Enough to keep me going for a while there. Also stumbled on James O'Brien's podcast "Full Disclosure" today and seems good. It's not political stuff as per his radio show. Each episode is him interviewing someone different about their life and career. Listened to three episodes today - with Bill Bailey, Ricky Gervais & Jimmy Carr (his guests arent all comedians - far from it) Each of those three were quite good. He's a very good interviewer. Has his research done on his guests but doesn't have his scripted questions. More conversational.

Gmac

Neil Oliver's history of the British isles.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 23, 2022, 05:12:00 PM
Neil Oliver's history of the British isles.

Watched a few of his tv series over the years. Celts and Vikings were the topics, if I remember correctly. Enjoyed them.

gallsman

An absolute crackpot these days.

Gmac

Quote from: gallsman on November 23, 2022, 08:02:54 PM
An absolute crackpot these days.
I was talking about his history podcast only , but obviously his opinions don't align with yours so he's a crackpot , ok

AustinPowers

I've listened to a number    of Neil oliver's items on GB news this last few months,  and I've yet to disagree with anything he's said

He's bang on the money  with anything to do with cost of living , Tories, covid,  etc.  Like unionists towards Jimmy nesbitt at the United ireland  meeting, maybe some should actually liksten to what he has to say

His history podcasts are very good as well, as is the book on same subject

Eire90

is he not basically a tory worshipper

Never beat the deeler

Stumbled across Inside the Crime podcast by Newstalk

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/inside-the-crime

Season 1 is about the Xmas morning murders in Windgap, Kilkenny.
Haven't listened to S2 yet, but it is about Charles Self.
Hasta la victoria siempre