Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDenver

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 14, 2022, 09:06:34 AM
Quote from: EOC1923 on October 14, 2022, 07:44:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2022, 10:09:18 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 13, 2022, 10:01:39 PM
It seems 'Saffron Voice' is outa business.....

You've got to pick your battles, if you are giving the county constant stick on social media don't expect a pat on the back.

You should know when you throw abuse at officials there has to be repercussions
What abuse did they throw?

Claiming the county are looking at supporters as piggy banks and not caring for player welfare ain't going to help with things..

Banter is grand once you start trying to be a 'voice' of the supporters then you are lost, they aint the voice just two lads in a bedroom talking shite, that's in their own words btw, I liked their podcast, though giving unpaid volunteers some stick about their performance won't win hearts and minds.

Trial by social media (and not their case as they don't hide behind keyboards) isn't great, you wouldn't want your son to take abuse online but happy to give to others  (not your personally of course)

There are more formal ways to express your opinion through the club committee if you are a member that is, or seeing as it is simple enough to fix get on board

Does that mean it's fair game to give paid officials some stick     :P

EOC1923

We'll disagree on this but I have no issue with people calling out poor refereeing without abusing them. (this is not necessary) To anyone being rightly called out - Be better and try and improve or step away.
You said the lads were throwing abuse and cited them giving unpaid volunteers stick about their performance. I assumed you meant referees.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 14, 2022, 11:04:27 AM
We'll disagree on this but I have no issue with people calling out poor refereeing without abusing them. (this is not necessary) To anyone being rightly called out - Be better and try and improve or step away.
You said the lads were throwing abuse and cited them giving unpaid volunteers stick about their performance. I assumed you meant referees.

I just put on what they have said in their statement and what they said about certain referee's in their podcast, if you are happy to 'call out' referee's and ask them to step away we won't have referee's!! There is not a line of people waiting to become a ref

I really find it difficult that you can't see any link to not having referee's and calling them out though, but sure, carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

MR2, like i said, the fixtures in Antrim would be a nightmare to sort given the duality of alot of clubs. I just merely said that the playoffs should have been completed before the start of championship.

In terms of double headers, i was talking about a junior game before intermediate or an intermediate before senior. Would attract larger crowds and im sure most would see it as value for money.

Rodger Mona

MR2 jumping on everyones back who dares to criticise anything in Antrim GAA.

Is that snowflake mentality or is it the type of authoritarian tactic cops and traffic wardens use when challenged?

Think you would make a great traffic warden. Requires a massive chip on the shoulder though ....

imtommygunn

Quote from: geezer on October 14, 2022, 11:50:05 AM
MR2, like i said, the fixtures in Antrim would be a nightmare to sort given the duality of alot of clubs. I just merely said that the playoffs should have been completed before the start of championship.

In terms of double headers, i was talking about a junior game before intermediate or an intermediate before senior. Would attract larger crowds and im sure most would see it as value for money.

Yeah for me those are two things that really could be done better. Leaving Ballymena hanging so long and Aghagallon now playing after extra time so soon is probably not the best way to do it tbh.

AntrimRealist

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2022, 12:00:13 PM

Yeah for me those are two things that really could be done better. Leaving Ballymena hanging so long and Aghagallon now playing after extra time so soon is probably not the best way to do it tbh.

The root cause of the problem is putting another fixture into an already packed schedule.  Relegation playoffs are unnecessary - straight up, straight down works fine.  If every club knows the rules, there can't / shouldn't be any complaints when the axe falls.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on October 14, 2022, 11:56:59 AM
MR2 jumping on everyones back who dares to criticise anything in Antrim GAA.

Is that snowflake mentality or is it the type of authoritarian tactic cops and traffic wardens use when challenged?

Think you would make a great traffic warden. Requires a massive chip on the shoulder though ....

No jumping I've already pointed out that I've had my views on things that may not be what others think but its an opinion like others, thanks for the work advice though ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AntrimRealist on October 14, 2022, 01:04:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2022, 12:00:13 PM

The root cause of the problem is putting another fixture into an already packed schedule.  Relegation playoffs are unnecessary - straight up, straight down works fine.  If every club knows the rules, there can't / shouldn't be any complaints when the axe falls.

I'm all for double headers btw

The reality is we've never had it so good in relation to having access to our club games.. when social media is put to good use it gives people instant reports, we've had live streaming of all the games across the board, junior through to senior, we even had club league games being streamed but still not enough!

I'm sure there will be tweaking and whatever over the years but there will always be someone not happy, this thread is a very small snap shot of peoples views though, and I'm sure ones do come in and have a snoop!

Saffsof82

IF Sundays game had of finished in a draw after extra time Aghagallon would be playing in the replay tomorrow afternoon, not much difference so really no grounds to complain about playing tonight at 7.30pm.
Fixtures involving minor and u20 have been extremely poor. U20 hurling semi finals scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, some Dunloy and Cushendall players starting or on bench for seniors on Sunday have had to withdraw from their u20 panels, not sure if either will field now, crazy situation for a championship semi final. The fact that both clubs appealed to ccc to rearrange the fixture but it fell on deaf ears speaks volumes for the disconnect and to be honest disregard some CB members have for our clubs and players.

imtommygunn

Tbh it's worse they're leaving ballymena so long than making aghagallon play so close to the final.

read about the under 20s. A mess.

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2022, 03:07:23 PM
Tbh it's worse they're leaving ballymena so long than making aghagallon play so close to the final.

read about the under 20s. A mess.

Amen.......

Sportacus

Quote from: Saffsof82 on October 14, 2022, 03:01:06 PM
IF Sundays game had of finished in a draw after extra time Aghagallon would be playing in the replay tomorrow afternoon, not much difference so really no grounds to complain about playing tonight at 7.30pm.
Fixtures involving minor and u20 have been extremely poor. U20 hurling semi finals scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, some Dunloy and Cushendall players starting or on bench for seniors on Sunday have had to withdraw from their u20 panels, not sure if either will field now, crazy situation for a championship semi final. The fact that both clubs appealed to ccc to rearrange the fixture but it fell on deaf ears speaks volumes for the disconnect and to be honest disregard some CB members have for our clubs and players.
If Sunday's game had finished level, Aghagallon would be playing Cargin in a replay tomorrow, not Ballymena - so both clubs would have been in the same boat.  Not ideal for either club.  The question is why do the fixtures committee seem to have no peripheral vision?  Another week and no one would have said a word. 

Saffsof82

Quote from: Sportacus on October 14, 2022, 03:25:15 PM
If Sunday's game had finished level, Aghagallon would be playing Cargin in a replay tomorrow, not Ballymena - so both clubs would have been in the same boat.  Not ideal for either club.  The question is why do the fixtures committee seem to have no peripheral vision?  Another week and no one would have said a word. 

Ballymena would have a word to say i think

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Sportacus on October 14, 2022, 03:25:15 PM

When did Aghagallon request a postponement? Just this week, after Sundays final? But they knew all along the gap between the final and their play off, why not ask for the postponement prior to last Sunday?