Football Manager 2010

Started by anportmorforjfc, December 29, 2009, 10:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

I have the 10.2 version (the 10.2.0 patch? First time i have bought the game) and i am not sure how to manage an international team or is it even possible? :-\

Thanks

AFS

It is possible, but dunno why you'd want to. National teams are pretty boring to manage, too few games and no transfers.

When you start a new game and get to the 'Select Team To Manage' section, there should be a drop down menu entitled 'Pick a League'. From that you should be able to select a 'National Teams' options. Depending on what leagues you've loaded, you'll have a selection of international teams to take control of.

Shazam

Quote from: AFS on December 29, 2009, 10:57:43 PM
It is possible, but dunno why you'd want to. National teams are pretty boring to manage, too few games and no transfers.

When you start a new game and get to the 'Select Team To Manage' section, there should be a drop down menu entitled 'Pick a League'. From that you should be able to select a 'National Teams' options. Depending on what leagues you've loaded, you'll have a selection of international teams to take control of.

Have not played it in ages but national teams are crap. You just have to keep hitting continue game for a month then select a squad and play one or two matches, obviously the summer tournaments are an exception but few and far between.
The best thing is to be a club manager et your reputation up by winning a few things then when some national jobs become available apply for them, don't know if you still can but in the older ones you could have a club and country job simultaneously and it was good enough because you knew most the players from your league and European matches.
I used to cal up any player with any sort of Irish roots as early as possible get them one cap just in case they are any good and England or antoher country might try to call them up. (If they have dual nationality obviusly)
Shazam Bang

wallyman

In one of the games years ago, you had to put your name in as Mick McCarthy to get the ireland job.