FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/63879761/page/5
Evan Ferguson is the youngest player to score in back-to-back Premier League games since Federico Macheda for Man Utd.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BrotherMore6592

Before we start building him up like the next Aaron Connolly or Troy Parrott, let's take a deep breath

The Subbie

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 03, 2023, 10:48:55 PM
Before we start building him up like the next Aaron Connolly or Troy Parrott, let's take a deep breath

I think Ferguson is a step above both
Parrot was hyped on a relatively decent underage run & some decent outings for the U21 international team
Connolly burst on the scene with a goal for Brighton & had a bit of pace about him , got a few games for the international team & has faded badly since , v badly

Ferguson seems to be a different fella entirely , has played his way into a 1/2 decent Brighton team under a new manager & looks like he will get a chance to put a run of games together
Hope it goes well for the lad

laoislad

Quote from: The Subbie on January 04, 2023, 01:21:24 PM

I think Ferguson is a step above both
Parrot was hyped on a relatively decent underage run & some decent outings for the U21 international team
Connolly burst on the scene with a goal for Brighton & had a bit of pace about him , got a few games for the international team & has faded badly since , v badly

Ferguson seems to be a different fella entirely , has played his way into a 1/2 decent Brighton team under a new manager & looks like he will get a chance to put a run of games together
Hope it goes well for the lad
Playing Liverpool next in the league so he'll have plenty of chances to score more goals!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Baile Brigín 2

Different path. Was playing for Bohs at 15, his Da is an ex pro. Seems hugely more grounded.

seafoid

How much would Bohs get from the recent deals with Brighton ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Subbie

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2023, 09:37:14 PM

The initial transfer fee was undisclosed but I'd imagine it was decent in LOI terms
I'd also guess that there would be add on €'s for progression to U 23's , 1st team , 1st team appearances, International team appearances & probably a % of any sell in fee
Bobs will likely do ok out of it

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Subbie on January 05, 2023, 12:52:13 AM

The initial transfer fee was undisclosed but I'd imagine it was decent in LOI terms
I'd also guess that there would be add on €'s for progression to U 23's , 1st team , 1st team appearances, International team appearances & probably a % of any sell in fee

He moved as a kid, not a pro. Bohs got compensation fee and nothing else.

Milltown Row2

Father in law involved with a (originally) juvenile soccer club who have players in the premiership over many years and always got add ons for first team appearances international appearances, including f Bohs didn't have things in place you'd have to wonder what they did wrong!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2023, 07:12:39 PM
Father in law involved with a (originally) juvenile soccer club who have players in the premiership over many years and always got add ons for first team appearances international appearances, including f Bohs didn't have things in place you'd have to wonder what they did wrong!!

Those days are gone. FIFA put in a structure. Juvenile clubs get in the region of 30k a year the player was at their club. Semi pro clubs more, full time more again.

The Subbie

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 05, 2023, 07:02:44 PM

Where'd you get that info ?
Just did a bit of googling there & all I could find was same as I remembered- fee undisclosed
The lad was in demand by a few clubs when he came of age to get the boat and head for England - it's not beyond the bounds of reason that Bohs may have being more than reasonably treated in that deal is it ?
Anyway if you have info beyond that fire it up there , I'd d be curious to see what they are getting 👍🏻

GAABoardMod5

Key Dates for 2023:

MARCH

27 | UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifying – Republic of Ireland MNT v France

2022/23 UEFA Under-17 European Championship Elite Round
Tuesday, March 7 | Italy v Republic of Ireland
Friday, March 10 | Ukraine v Republic of Ireland
Monday, March 13 | Cyprus v Republic of Ireland

2022/23 UEFA Under-19 European Championship Elite Round
Wednesday, March 22 | Republic of Ireland v Slovakia
Saturday, March 25 | Republic of Ireland v Estonia
Tuesday, March 28 | Greece v Republic of Ireland

2022/23 UEFA Women's Under-17 European Championship Qualifying Round 2
Thursday, March 23 | Republic of Ireland v Kosovo
Sunday, March 26 | Republic of Ireland v Italy
Wednesday, March 29 | France v Republic of Ireland

APRIL

2022/23 UEFA Women's Under-19 European Championship Qualifying Round 2
Wednesday, April 5 | Germany v Republic of Ireland
Saturday, April 8 | Norway v Republic of Ireland
Tuesday, April 11 | Republic of Ireland v Croatia 

JUNE

UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifying
June 16 | Greece v Republic of Ireland MNT
June 19 | Republic of Ireland MNT v Gibraltar

JULY

2023 FIFA Women's World Cup – Group B
20 July, 2023 | Australia v Republic of Ireland (Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney)
26 July, 2023 | Canada v Republic of ireland (Perth Rectangular Stadium, Perth)
31 July, 2023 | Republic of Ireland v Nigeria (Lang Park, Brisbane)

SEPTEMBER

September 7 | France v Republic of Ireland MNT
September 10 | Republic of Ireland MNT v Netherlands

OCTOBER

October 13 | Republic of Ireland MNT v Greece
October 16 | Gibraltar v Republic of Ireland MNT

2023/24 UEFA Under-17 European Championship Qualifying Round
Wednesday, October 11 | Republic of Ireland v Armenia
Saturday, October 14 | Republic of Ireland v Iceland
Tuesday, October 17 | Switzerland v Republic of Ireland

NOVEMBER

November 18 | Netherlands v Republic of Ireland MNT

2023/24 UEFA Under-19 European Championship Qualifying Round
Wednesday, November 15 | Republic of Ireland v Albania
Saturday, November 18 | Republic of Ireland v Slovenia
Tuesday, November 21 | Belgium v Republic of Ireland

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: The Subbie on January 06, 2023, 01:11:33 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 05, 2023, 07:02:44 PM

Where'd you get that info ?
Just did a bit of googling there & all I could find was same as I remembered- fee undisclosed
The lad was in demand by a few clubs when he came of age to get the boat and head for England - it's not beyond the bounds of reason that Bohs may have being more than reasonably treated in that deal is it ?
Anyway if you have info beyond that fire it up there , I'd d be curious to see what they are getting 👍🏻

What 'deal'? He wasn't under contract. He just transferred to Brighton, Bohs couldn't stop it if they wanted to.