Post All Ireland Mayhem

Started by 5 Sams, September 17, 2016, 01:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I'm in Mayo this week. Hope they do it so I can join in the celebrations!

Avondhu star

Pitch invasions are common down in Thurles and Limerick. I havent heard of any insurance claims there
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Jinxy

They might have to dust off 'PLAN B' for this one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Beffs

Quote from: Avondhu star on September 17, 2016, 02:32:51 PM
Pitch invasions are common down in Thurles and Limerick. I havent heard of any insurance claims there

Think I read somewhere that Crokers problem with them, isn't injuries on the pitch. It's everyone leaving via the Hogan Stand & out onto Jones Rd, which causes dangerous bottlenecks, as there are usually a lot of people congregating outside the Croke Park Hotel too. Or so they say. I've never heard of anyone being crushed on Jones Rd either.

Jinxy

I'd worry about fans on the Hill trying to get down onto the pitch.
I presume they'd have to come down by the Nally stand?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Beffs

If Mayo win on Sunday, the Hill is the least of their worries. There'll be precious little Hill residents wanting anything to do with Mayo's on field celebrations.

cuconnacht

I think myself that the only real threat for the authories and public order will be the postmatch  mass stampede
of this board in its entirity to Muppets house!

Tony Baloney

Jeez lads leave this til nearer 5 o'clock.

Franko

Quote from: Beffs on September 17, 2016, 03:29:51 AM
The pitch at Croke Park gets completely renewed and relaid, before and after each big game. It's called HQ for a reason. It ain't no Hyde Park. The groundsmen missing a few chunks of turf, is no big deal compared to the poor unfortunate stewards who will be spending the rest of September in traction in the Mater, if they try to stop the Mayo die hards from greeting their heros.  :P

No it's not.