Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2022, 12:49:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 02:39:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 26, 2022, 12:48:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 26, 2022, 11:50:55 AM
I'm no economist but if the Govt are pumping £30bn into the economy how exactly does that stave off inflation will that not make it worse?

Of course it makes it worse. But people need to be able to pay their bills and if they do not get some loot off the government then they will be looking for pay increases.

Are they not making that money back from a winfall tax from these companies that are making billions off the back of people using their energy?
Who are the "they",  which government is being referred to here?
Surely when somebody on this forum writes "the Government are pumping"  it's referring to the Irish gov, even if the sum of money involved would only be used in the context of Government using state resources in order to bail out failed corrupt banks.

in case you haven't noticed, this board is mainly nordies who refer to westminster as 'the government'  ::)

this is so prevalent in society there that nobody would even think of the dublin administration

Milltown Row2

Some golden handshakes going on in the Irish government at the minute... some jobs for the boys lol.. brilliant set up going on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2022, 05:46:53 PM
Some golden handshakes going on in the Irish government at the minute... some jobs for the boys lol.. brilliant set up going on
You don't have to specify that it's the Irish gov, just mention the government. We are Irish, this is Ireland, not Britain, France or Germany, the default government is the Irish government.
i.e. if you consider that Michael D is your president.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2022, 01:21:09 AM
You don't have to specify that it's the Irish gov, just mention the government. We are Irish, this is Ireland, not Britain, France or Germany, the default government is the Irish government.

that's the setup/mindset in the north, ingrained through media and education, britain is the default

you only have to read the posts on here to see the language used

Irish passport, Irish government, Irish president etc  ::)

marty34

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 28, 2022, 02:16:33 AM

that's the setup/mindset in the north, ingrained through media and education, britain is the default

Most people use the phrase 'northern ireland' when posting on here but never seem to use it when speaking.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 28, 2022, 02:16:33 AM

Usual shite from you.

Yes our education system taught us we are all brits and should love the queen and adore the mainland  ::) GSTQ.

Milltown Row2

Yeah, the same Irish government that turned a blind eye to the atrocities that went on in the north of the island, that Irish government that was glad to partition the country. They seem a lovely bunch to be fair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Partition happened in 1920.
"Southern Ireland" which was still born, became the Irish Free State in 1922
None of the present Government were around then.
If there was no Irish Independent State and no Irish Government no one from the 6 Cos could have Irish Citizenship or an Irish passport.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2022, 10:22:48 AM

Yeah, the same Irish government that turned a blind eye to the atrocities that went on in the north of the island, that Irish government that was glad to partition the country. They seem a lovely bunch to be fair
Nordies have long memories and grievances aplenty for events which happened 100 years ago ;D 
Is Michael D  your president or not?
When it comes to referring to the government, I'd refer to them as the ('effin) government for better or for worse, if I am referring to a foreign government I'd name the country -  French, British etc.
There is no way that I would refer to the British government as the government.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Main Street on May 30, 2022, 12:15:11 AM

Nordies have long memories and grievances aplenty for events which happened 100 years ago ;D 
When it comes to referring to the government, I'd refer to them as the ('effin) government for better or for worse, if I am referring to a foreign government I'd name the country -  French, British etc.

The north want no part of a 32 county independent republic,

too wedded to a status quo which suits them just fine   ::)

red hander

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 30, 2022, 12:32:11 AM

You talk some shite.

Milltown Row2

And those in the south have very short selected memories,  cowardice would be another word I'd use

imtommygunn

Quote from: red hander on May 30, 2022, 12:44:24 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 30, 2022, 12:32:11 AM

You talk some shite.

Unbelievable. Seems to have seen one or two nationalist posts that offended him so we're all the same now and more or less unionists. Absolute relentless bollocks.

balladmaker

And now north of Ireland phone chargers could be different from phone chargers in Britain ... thanks to Bexit ... how will the DUP cope ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-61720276