Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: LeoMc on June 24, 2016, 12:58:44 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on June 24, 2016, 11:49:57 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 24, 2016, 11:24:59 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 24, 2016, 11:15:46 AM
Presumably the Loyalist "Brigadiers" will have to raise their extortion rates to make up for the loss of the EU " Community" funding ;)
What will happen to all them big Unionist farmers when the CAP cheques stop?
Meanwhile the quicker the Scots take their courage in their hands and go Independent the better.

Alex Salmond was already hinting that England voted to leave Europe, Scotland didn't and he's expecting another referendum there in the coming years.

If the Tory's screw Scotland any harder with their austerity then a break up of the union is inevitable and Norn Iron will be collateral damage to the Scotland/England split.

Would there be any mileage in thinking its Englands chance to ditch their demented expensive cousins and they will take it ?
We could well be next on the blame list once they realise immigrants aren't to blame for the state of the Country.

I could see problems.  If they give us what the EU gave us there will be outrage.

The only plus side MIGHT be that at least the gravy train might dry up for the politicians. They have really been milking things for a long time now.

general_lee

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 24, 2016, 01:38:18 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 24, 2016, 01:30:12 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on June 24, 2016, 01:26:47 PM
Have a DUP man in front of me at work and he is lording it.

Do us a favour and ask him how he feels that this has strengthened the 'Union' when the outcome will more than likely be a second Scottish ref with a different outcome this time?

I just cant seem to get my head around that part, maybe the DUPers are more clever than the rest of us or do they not care whether their Scottish cousins are in the UK with them?

It amazes me how smug the DUP are about all this, when the majority of people in N.ireland voted against their stance  ???
Deluded isn't the word for them
What else would you expect from those little Englanders? I honestly thought I couldn't hate them any more than I already did pre Brexit. An utter shower of bastards every last one of them

Smokin Joe

Quote from: sensethetone on June 24, 2016, 01:26:47 PM
Have a DUP man in front of me at work and he is lording it.

Ask him if he's applied for his Irish passport yet?

LeoMc

More good news for middle-England. According to BBC Morgan Stanley starting to move 2000 jobs out of London to Dublin or Frankfurt!

Applesisapples

Quote from: LeoMc on June 24, 2016, 02:12:44 PM
More good news for middle-England. According to BBC Morgan Stanley starting to move 2000 jobs out of London to Dublin or Frankfurt!
More to follow, I can't believe these people could be so stupid...then again they voted for Farage.

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 24, 2016, 02:21:19 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 24, 2016, 02:12:44 PM
More to follow, I can't believe these people could be so stupid...then again they voted for Farage.

Farage didnt get elected as an MP, I thought he had missed out.

easytiger95

Yeah, could someone explain to me the DUPs thinking? Surely they are going down the same route as Cameron and getting confused between tactics and strategy (tactics being strengthen the border short term, strategically though Brexit inevitably weakens the Union long term). Just don't understand what they think they are going to get from this.

Even if a border poll is staved off, Scotland is going to go and an NI with an EU border to the republic and one to Scotland is just not tenable.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: NAG1 on June 24, 2016, 02:29:16 PMFarage didnt get elected as an MP, I thought he had missed out.

He's an MEP isn't he?

imtommygunn

Yep. Mep.

The dup wouldn't know strategy if it bit them on the ass.

Foster is now talking about hope. How can she when their position is nothing but fear. Fear of no more union and fear of god. That's their strategy in a nutshell.

FL/MAYO

Will British citizens living in the E.U be living there illegally once the Brexit is official? What will be the status of Irish citizens living in the U.K and vice versa U.K citizens living in Ireland?

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

I'm waiting for someone to say that britain will bring back the Commonwealth and will sell to it.

waiting...
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

WT4E

Is there anything to be said for another referendum???

NAG1

Quote from: Orior on June 24, 2016, 02:52:23 PM
I'm waiting for someone to say that britain will bring back the Commonwealth and will sell to it.

waiting...

If you click on MR2's link and can stand to watch it, the cretin mentioned the commonwealth countries and selling more to them  ;)

Longshanks

We were talking about europe here and one fella is of the opinion that leaving europe still won't happen and Cameron leaving (the smart move) is not what Gove or Johnson would want as if say Johnson was elected leader he cannot go to the eu with a peoples mandate as he isn't technically the peoples choice and therefore he would need to hold a general election.

As before if Cameron had went forward he would have had the peoples mandate and with him leaving it messes their plans up.

Now if a general election was held and a party go in that was pro euro (labour) and judging by the back lash and people realising how bad things could get this could happen then they could come to an agreement not to leave the euro.

fingers crossed??