Slane - Oasis

Started by No1, March 06, 2009, 02:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

A few of us heading down in June. 

Never been to Slane before, anyone any advice on accommodation? 

What is the best option, tent/hotel/B&B/something else?

The Gs Man

Best advice....don't go.

Seriously, Oasis at Slane is a recipe for disaster if the Odyssey gigs were anything to go by.  Smickers and Anto will be fighting the bit out with Mick and Paudie.  You'll be covered in beer and surrounded by Mucksavages.
Keep 'er lit

full back

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 06, 2009, 03:31:43 PM
You'll be covered in beer and surrounded by Mucksavages.

Have car, willing to travel...........

WeeDonns

QuoteYou'll be covered in beer and surrounded by Mucksavages.

:D

4 of us are heading to it for the first time aswell. I Heard that the Odyssey was full of spides. Hopefully slane will attract a slighly better crowd.

Depending on the weather around the time, we're considering camping. Has anyone done this at slane before? the brother done it a few times back in the day and says its was great craic

We might just tag along on someone elses bus, but aren't too keen on being stuck on a bus with a load of  dicks/people we dont know

RMDrive

Quote from: WeeDonns on March 06, 2009, 04:02:04 PM
QuoteYou'll be covered in beer and surrounded by Mucksavages.

:D

4 of us are heading to it for the first time aswell. I Heard that the Odyssey was full of spides. Hopefully slane will attract a slighly better crowd.

Depending on the weather around the time, we're considering camping. Has anyone done this at slane before? the brother done it a few times back in the day and says its was great craic

We might just tag along on someone elses bus, but aren't too keen on being stuck on a bus with a load of  dicks/people we dont know

Was camping there before. Good craic and I'd recommend it.
Remember though, the "rest of the world" are not all dicks. Most people you will meet are sound and no looking for anything different from a night out than yourself. If you go into a situation expecting the people you meet to be dicks then you haven't much chance of thinking otherwise.
Enjoy the concert. Bring bottle caps.

under the bar

QuoteA few of us heading down in June. 

Jaysus the young ones today!  When we went to Slane in the 80s' ye just brought a case of beer and didnt worry about gettin home or where ye might end up stayin!

Jimmy

Headin down myself. Was going to take the car down. Is there car parking or is that a completely stupid idea?

David McKeown

Was at one of those concerts in the Odyssey a few years back and there were a lot of Spides.  Had also seen them in Marlay park that summer and there were a lot of spides at that too.  I wouldnt let that put you off, I saw them 4 times that tour and thought they were excellent on every occassion.  Should be a good gig.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

rolloutking

There is car parking in fields from about 5 miles out from the castle. Most people park and pitch their tents in the same place. Its just locals opening their fields up to make a few quid so there's no security or anything. Camping is the best bet. There's only one hotel in the village and the concert organisers usually stay in it so you'll never get in.

tyronefan

Quote from: under the bar on March 06, 2009, 04:40:30 PM
QuoteA few of us heading down in June. 

Jaysus the young ones today!  When we went to Slane in the 80s' ye just brought a case of beer and didnt worry about gettin home or where ye might end up stayin!

Same as that slept on the green at the top of the hill

went to see Springstein   was a great concert and a great venue