Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

From some of the posts on the Twitter feed some of the people in the video are apparently from Castlederg (COUNTY TYRONE!). Say no more.

NAG1

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 26, 2019, 12:13:04 PM
Hope the hoors are identified and fired from whatever McDonald's they work in.

Also is Windsor Park not the, eh, National Stadium now?

It will always be Windsor.

I dont give a monkeys about this video, not showing us anything we didnt know already. Sure same sort of thing was on show the last time they went South to play the friendly game. Never changing.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 26, 2019, 01:45:46 PM
From some of the posts on the Twitter feed some of the people in the video are apparently from Castlederg (COUNTY TYRONE!). Say no more.

I say name and shame!!!

michaelg

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 26, 2019, 02:11:45 PM

I say name and shame!!!
Named and shamed elsewhere - I hope the IFA bans them from the ground.

magpie seanie

Quote from: michaelg on March 26, 2019, 04:46:34 PM

I say name and shame!!!

Agreed.

Baile Brigín 2

To be fair, it was in a pub. Not sure what the IFA can do about it..

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: michaelg on March 26, 2019, 04:46:34 PM

I say name and shame!!!
How can they? Wouldn't be legal to start with.

Applesisapples

If the IFA banned all those from windsor that behaved in a sectarian fashion, the no surrender lads etc they'd soon run out of fans.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 26, 2019, 09:07:50 AM
Catchy tune. Should be easy enough to identify the venue but will anyone bother.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/1110303363084750849

'We hate Catholics' chant by Northern Ireland fans condemned by IFA
Video circulating online showing group singing described as 'utterly wrong'

A video circulating online appearing to show Northern Ireland football fans chanting "we hate Catholics" has been condemned by the Irish Football Association.

The video shows a number of individuals in Northern Ireland football jerseys in a function room, standing on chairs and chanting.

The small group can be heard chanting "We hate Catholics, everybody hates Roman Catholics," to the tune of Tiffany's 1987 song 'I Think We're Alone Now'. In a statement on Twitter, the football association of Northern Ireland said the behaviour was "utterly wrong and we condemn sectarianism in any form."

The Twitter user who uploaded the video on Monday, claimed it had been taken the day beforehand, in a Belfast pub. The user who uploaded it was not present in the pub, but stated he had been sent the video by someone who was.

By Tuesday afternoon the video had been circulated widely on social media, and viewed over 400,000 times on Twitter.

Naomi Long, leader of the Alliance Party and East Belfast MLA, described the conduct in the video as "genuinely disgusting."

Ms Long said she hoped the Irish Football Association (IFA) would work with the Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI), "to verify this clip, identify those involved and ensure they are banned from future games."

Sinead Ennis, Sinn Féin MLA and party spokeswoman for sport, called on the IFA to act to "identify and punish those involved."

Ms Ennis said there could be no place for such behaviour in sport. "It is a hate crime and every possible step should be taken to stamp it out," she said.

"I have been in contact with the IFA and my party colleague, Councillor Claire Canavan has reported it to the PSNI to stress that there should be zero tolerance to such disgusting displays of hate," Ms Ennis said.

On Sunday Northern Ireland beat Belarus 2-1 in Windsor Park, with a late goal from Josh Magennis giving them the win in the Euro 2020 qualifier match

.... they haven changed a bit.... despite thinking they had fooled everyone....

Where are the usual  gaaboard apologists now......

michaelg

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 26, 2019, 05:08:02 PM

To be fair, it was in a pub. Not sure what the IFA can do about it..
If they are block bookers, and are clearly not adhering to anti-sectarianism, racism policies of Football For All, could they not ban them on that basis?

Boycey

ardtole

I'm a Catholic from the north, and I actually pity them. Not a brain cell between them, I couldn't be bothered being outraged or offended they wouldn't be worth the concern.

I often wonder when Mervyn from sandy row and Sammy from the shankill and who are career dole men, if there is a referendum on an united ireland, and they have a choice of €200/week dole in the south or keep the £60 odd they get in the north how will they vote in the privacy of the polling booth.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Boycey on March 26, 2019, 08:14:58 PM
Fcuk me lads are yis really outraged at that??

Yes...let's bring down Stormont. Oh wait, hang on......

Milltown Row2

Getting shocked over some morons shouting we hate catholic's in a pub in Sandy Row is bizarre. What would you expect? A priest doing mass?  This is culture for some!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea