?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

theticklemister

Quote from: restorepride on October 08, 2018, 11:20:20 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on October 08, 2018, 08:37:25 PM
Quote from: Joe toe on October 08, 2018, 08:13:59 PM
Well done Banagher and Limavady. Keeper lit Coleraine for a North Derry treble

yeah, plus them Downey boyos use to make us pay a tenner for our own working shirts when we worked in earth and sugar, the w**ker
Which one?

both, cost me 20 quid and I only got wan shirt.

I swore they changed the colour of the shirt from black to white making any stains more visible. Crafty b**tards. Seamus bought me a pint wan day after work, so he's not the worst of them.

restorepride

Quote from: theticklemister on October 08, 2018, 11:35:02 PM
Quote from: restorepride on October 08, 2018, 11:20:20 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on October 08, 2018, 08:37:25 PM
Quote from: Joe toe on October 08, 2018, 08:13:59 PM
Well done Banagher and Limavady. Keeper lit Coleraine for a North Derry treble

yeah, plus them Downey boyos use to make us pay a tenner for our own working shirts when we worked in earth and sugar, the w**ker
Which one?

both, cost me 20 quid and I only got wan shirt.

I swore they changed the colour of the shirt from black to white making any stains more visible. Crafty b**tards. Seamus bought me a pint wan day after work, so he'snot the worst of them.
If you want to call them that to their faces, go to the county final or to the Gala dinner for 93 team. Wear the shirt.

screenexile

Quote from: Delegater on October 08, 2018, 03:38:56 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 08, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
My observations from the weekend for what it's worth.
For excitement and drama, Cargin and St Galls couldn't be better
Draperstown and Maghera, well just Draperstown and Maghera were always and always will be
I thought we would have made it to a county final before the neighbours
And does Screenexile just post when Draperstown wins or there's a row somewhere

He has plenty of time to continue his obsession with diving tyrone players now.

Glad somebody misses me!!

We started OK but the goal really killed us and we just found it much harder to get scores than they did. It was a real blow as we all know that Coleraine can shut it down when they're in front and pick off points on the break when they need them.

Had we used the long ball a bit earlier than the last ten minutes of the second half we could have got back in it I feel but we were too late.

Good to see some of the young lads from last years victorious minor team get some Senior Championship experience ... There's always next year!!

Keyser soze

Quote from: screenexile on October 09, 2018, 12:59:55 AM
Draperstown and Maghera, well just Draperstown and Maghera were always and always will be

We started OK but the goal really killed us and we just found it much harder to get scores than they did. It was a real blow as we all know that Coleraine can shut it down when they're in front and pick off points on the break when they need them.

Had we used the long ball a bit earlier than the last ten minutes of the second half we could have got back in it I feel but we were too late.

Good to see some of the young lads from last years victorious minor team get some Senior Championship experience ... There's always next year!!

Who were they?? I didn't think i saw too many new faces for screen on sunday.

cornerback

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 09, 2018, 10:34:30 AM

Chances are that i'm wrong as i wouldn't be totally familiar with the lads coming through but:
Marty Bradley & Aaron Bradley both started & were minors last year. 
Was Conor McGovern minor last year?
Noel Rafferty & Ryan Doyle both came on.
Add in JP Devlin too (is he still injured)

restorepride

Quote from: cornerback on October 09, 2018, 02:34:39 PM

Chances are that i'm wrong as i wouldn't be totally familiar with the lads coming through but:
Screen were very poor on Sunday and Baker's main contribution from the sideline was roaring at the referee. Never a good sign as it normally means that the manager hasn't a notion what is actually happening.  Pushing Mooney to the half-forward line had Screen on the back foot for almost 20 minutes of the second half before anything was done and by then it was too late.

Keyser soze

Quote from: restorepride on October 09, 2018, 06:10:04 PM

Screen were very poor on Sunday and Baker's main contribution from the sideline was roaring at the referee. Never a good sign as it normally means that the manager hasn't a notion what is actually happening.  Pushing Mooney to the half-forward line had Screen on the back foot for almost 20 minutes of the second half before anything was done and by then it was too late.

Where had he been playing up to this?

DERRYSFINEST

i hear Gormley has stepped down from Glen.  They were really poor against Lavey on Sunday. 

Why can Glen and Magherafelt not get over the line in senior championship and win one.  Being townie teams is a lazy analysis, but what is the reason considering the amount of good youth players they produce?

restorepride

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 10, 2018, 11:22:28 AM

Mooney had played more of a deeper, 'midfield' role in first half, a stopper, if you like. Second half, against the wind, and with his strong running power, he was given the freedom to push forward from a more traditional left half forward position - to great effect.  He is possibly one of the most important players for Eogha Rua this year and given key roles, man marked Chrissy very effectively in their victory over Slaughtneil.

lineball

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on October 10, 2018, 03:02:57 PM
i hear Gormley has stepped down from Glen.  They were really poor against Lavey on Sunday. 

Why can Glen and Magherafelt not get over the line in senior championship and win one.  Being townie teams is a lazy analysis, but what is the reason considering the amount of good youth players they produce?
It's Called pedigree. Most Successfull clubs have that knowledge of winning championships. E.G. It's taken Banagher 53 years to win an Adult championship. I don't recall Glen winning one and Magherfelt's last win was in 1977

toby47

Quote from: restorepride on October 10, 2018, 05:28:10 PM

Mooney had played more of a deeper, 'midfield' role in first half, a stopper, if you like. Second half, against the wind, and with his strong running power, he was given the freedom to push forward from a more traditional left half forward position - to great effect.  He is possibly one of the most important players for Eogha Rua this year and given key roles, man marked Chrissy very effectively in their victory over Slaughtneil.

Agree on Mooney, one of Coleraine's main men & should be given a real run for the county & not at corner back where he played last year for a few games. I'd like to see him & Paudi tad (who put up a tweet at the weekend saying he wasn't playing for derry this year - hopefully a drunken joke) playing in the WHF roles this year.

Just a mention on Chrissy, he didn't stand out for Slaughtneil at all this year vs M'felt/C'raine and for me a big reason why they were pipped by Coleraine. He could do with a break, been on the go about 5 years on the trot without a break at all.

Keyser soze

I don't agree with you, he had Coleraine's first 2 shots , both of which were over the bar IMO, one of which was flagged wide but looked over to me, and got another one later on in the half. Was always looking to attack, if anything I thought he played deeper in the 2nd half.

Your 'stopper' comment is nonsense. If I was Screen I wouldn't be asking you to take over from Baker, even if he isn't perfect, any time in the near future if that's your reading of the game.

Josey Wales

Quote from: lineball on October 10, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

It's Called pedigree. Most Successfull clubs have that knowledge of winning championships. E.G. It's taken Banagher 53 years to win an Adult championship. I don't recall Glen winning one and Magherfelt's last win was in 1977
I think if Glen or Magherafelt had been playing in the intermediate Adult Championship they would have won their fair share down through the years.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Josey Wales on October 11, 2018, 10:05:43 AM
Quote from: lineball on October 10, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

I think if Glen or Magherafelt had been playing in the intermediate Adult Championship they would have won their fair share down through the years.
Probably but Glen were Intermediate 5 years ago and didn't win the championship. It took Swatragh a couple of years to win one when they went down too. They aren't as easy won as people think.

restorepride

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 11, 2018, 09:17:14 AM

I don't agree with you, he had Coleraine's first 2 shots , both of which were over the bar IMO, one of which was flagged wide but looked over to me, and got another one later on in the half. Was always looking to attack, if anything I thought he played deeper in the 2nd half.

Your 'stopper' comment is nonsense. If I was Screen I wouldn't be asking you to take over from Baker, even if he isn't perfect, any time in the near future if that's your reading of the game.

So Baker did nothing either half then?!  Deeper in the second half? Did Mooney fist the ball over the bar from 50 yards then in the second half?! He could even have gone for goal. Sorry to rattle your Baker-cage but you have strengthened the argument that he was very poor on the sideline on Sunday. Stopper comment is not nonsense, when required that is exactly what Mooney did and has the perfect strength and mobility to do so. He will do it even more often in the final, which will be needed v Lavey.  If I was Screen, I'd be asking what cash Baker got for mainly roaring at Mervyn!