?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

oakleaflad

deadman

I think the the role of team captain should come into play here, if these types of situations continue to arise. Speaking about all clubs in the country, the on-field leader should be the man responsible for settling his team-mates, pulling them aside and speaking to them. Team management too should be tasked to do this as well, as by its very definition is management of the team.
Obviously infractions with supporters are another thing entirely, but a captain's responsibility should include the conduct of his players on the field. We see it in rugby, the captain is the spokesperson for the team to the ref, and while I'm not advocating imposing Rugby Union laws on our games, there are certainly aspects of the role of team captain that are the same.

skeog

Slaughneil have been on a pedestal about size of club 3 teams winning county ulster etc.Seems they dont like it when other teams get the better off them.Is Hope its a while before we hear from them again.

DERRYSFINEST

I think Slaughtneil need to get Chrissy wheeled out in front of the camera's again to get the good PR started again

"We only have 100 families in this small parish who all speak irish, and we have no pub, but a great post office. We fatten our cattle and share them amongst everyone.  Oh and we play 3 codes, dont forget about the 3 codes!"    ::)

lagerman

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on October 05, 2018, 01:32:24 PM
I think Slaughtneil need to get Chrissy wheeled out in front of the camera's again to get the good PR started again

"We only have 100 families in this small parish who all speak irish, and we have no pub, but a great post office. We fatten our cattle and share them amongst everyone.  Oh and we play 3 codes, dont forget about the 3 codes!"    ::)

Chrissy to the press "No No thats not abuse our supporters are screaming at the ref, thats the native tongue and can sound like insults to the untrained ear"

ONEDerry

Or maybe stick up a picture of some urban area - it must of been a few of those soccer type hooligans that came along to our games. Sure we're the super Gaels and far better than the likes of themuns.

paddyjohn

You're being while hard on the Robbies. They were only defending themselves from the semi Tyrone men & the reason they fell among each other in the changing rooms the other night was the lack of warm water.

oakleaflad

Quote from: ONEDerry on October 05, 2018, 03:37:03 PM

Or maybe stick up a picture of some urban area - it must of been a few of those soccer type hooligans that came along to our games. Sure we're the super Gaels and far better than the likes of themuns.
That's a strange spin on it.

club football only

I've watched this video from the reserve match last night numerous times and have to say it's all slaughtneil players causing the trouble, throwing punches etc. And I take it that was a ballinderry supporter that jumped the wire, very foolish and I hope ballinderry ban him if he is even a member. I believe also one of the slaughtneil players struck a ballinderry girl!!!.

oneclubonelife

Quote from: bannside on October 05, 2018, 09:20:56 AM
Just saw the video. Truly shocking....but not in the least bit surprised! We've had this discussion here a few times. The Derry board need to deal with this, with social media the evidence is plain to see, so it shouldn't be as handily swept under the carpet.

Good man Bannside. While no one can or should defend any of the scenes shown on the recently posted clips , I think you should maybe go around your own county preaching the disciplinary gospel as your own club has been involved in a few incidents this year where people have received very serious facial injuries - no gospel preached there. Such a gael as yourself probably attended the Antrim hurling championship matches on the week end past and witnessed some of the very ugly scenes at both matches- no gospel preached after those.
We all can pick up on what ever aspects of these incidents we want to but don't preach about discipline as if whiter than white. Again these scenes are not acceptable and should be dealt with

Wildweasel74

Looking at that video; Ballinderry as much to blame as Slaughtneil; you gona stand other side of fence mouthing off then be suprised when players react;Ballinderry well involved in the row against Kilrea on the reserves last year too!

Champion The Wonder Horse

When you lose, you lose with humility and you lose with a bit of dignity. The team that wins, deserves to win, that's my view. They were marginally better than us; it's not easy but you have to accept it.

Stephen Stack, manager of Austin Stack's. Feb 2015

club football only

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 05, 2018, 07:48:58 PM
Looking at that video; Ballinderry as much to blame as Slaughtneil; you gona stand other side of fence mouthing off then be suprised when players react;Ballinderry well involved in the row against Kilrea on the reserves last year too!
your full of crap!!! At all matches spectators are shouting at the opposition ,no different here!!! Players stay inside the pitch and spectators stay out!!! Ballinderry supporter that ran into the pitch deserved what he got!!!! For slaughtneil being such great ambassadors to Derry, they are nothing short of an embarrassment!!!!

Wildweasel74

Bit like u lads with Kilrea last year then

general_lee

It's the same in Armagh with crossmaglen. Half the county was never done kissing their asses when they were winning all Ireland's. Then when the they stopped winning people remembered what a shower of bastards they really are how unpleasant they can sometimes be