Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on November 09, 2018, 06:17:03 PM
Fair play to Tracey Magee, refusing to wear a poppy on UTV Live... girl has more balls than Frankie Fuckwit and all those other west Brits on UTV and local BBC

Maybe they have reasons for wearing them? Other than the view you think most people wear them? Does someone from Cornwall wearing one piss you off?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pbat

Fair play to Tracey Magee, refusing to wear a poppy on UTV Live... girl has more balls than Frankie Fuckwit and all those other west Brits on UTV and local BBC
Wouldnt expect anything else from Frankie, he hadnt even the balls to use his own name.

Targetman

Reginald D. Hunter the only one on Have I got news for you not wearing one, so its not compulsory?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Targetman on November 09, 2018, 09:10:51 PM
Reginald D. Hunter the only one on Have I got news for you not wearing one, so its not compulsory?
Who says it is? I've seen plenty not wearing poppies on tv!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Totally agree.  Time a lot more of the media - probably 50/50 now, to stop wearing them also, instead of pandering !

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: pbat on November 09, 2018, 08:18:08 PM
Wouldnt expect anything else from Frankie, he hadnt even the balls to use his own name.

No surprise, a college man.

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2018, 09:55:17 PM

Ok Milltown you want to wear a poppy we get it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: charlieTully on November 10, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

Never have never will, I just don't get offended, same as an Easter Lilly, if people choose to wear one then go ahead. Some snowflakes about

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 08:38:38 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 10, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

Never have never will, I just don't get offended, same as an Easter Lilly, if people choose to wear one then go ahead. Some snowflakes about

Just right. Would never wear it either and have never wore an easter Lilly. Load of balls sticking silly flowers on yourself.

Dougal Maguire

I work in the Civil Service. The only there's any degree of uncomfortableness between the 2 sections of the community is at poppy time. They should ban the feckin thing. I used to go mass at lunchtime when there was a holiday of obligation. Most times the church was practically empty, come Ash Wednesday they were queued down the street. Every bit as bad. 
Careful now

BennyCake

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 10, 2018, 10:02:00 AM
I work in the Civil Service. The only there's any degree of uncomfortableness between the 2 sections of the community is at poppy time. They should ban the feckin thing. I used to go mass at lunchtime when there was a holiday of obligation. Most times the church was practically empty, come Ash Wednesday they were queued down the street. Every bit as bad.

Worked in CS at one time. There was a no emblems rule in place which was adhered to. Until November time.

RedHand88

I remember the mass thing from uni. Queens chaplaincy was empty all year until ash Wednesday when every gombeen was in to get the ashes before walking out of mass and into the pub.

Hardy

I've been here in England since Wed. Travelled from Sussex to Lancashire, attended a wedding and I have not yet seen one person wearing a poppy.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 10, 2018, 02:33:20 PM

I remember the mass thing from uni. Queens chaplaincy was empty all year until ash Wednesday when every gombeen was in to get the ashes before walking out of mass and into the pub.

Ash Wednesday - just another reason to get full & trash the Holylands.