Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
For what?

Pro-smoking anti-vaccination junior Minister of Health and gobshite, first class.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

quit yo jibbajabba

Hardy

Hardy

Apologies for putting this in the wrong section. And so I must nominate myself.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on September 05, 2017, 02:03:20 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 05, 2017, 01:24:28 PM
Fearon. What do I win  ;D

Disqualified - no obvious answers allowed.

I thought the trophy was actually named after him .... definitely can't win an eponymous trophy!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: armaghniac on September 05, 2017, 12:31:56 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
For what?

Pro-smoking anti-vaccination junior Minister of Health and gobshite, first class.

This is the problem. Everything is polarised. He's not "anti-vaccination", he at worst is against one vaccination.

There are a lot of people with concerns about the HPV vaccine and McGrath was listening to them and put 2 and 2 together and came up with 47. After looking for information and reading it I am confident these concerns are unfounded but I actually know medical professionals (i.e. not anti-vaccer crazies) who have not agreed to give this vaccine to their daughters. I think the HSE have been poor on this but to be fair they're reacted well with an information campaign since the poor uptake figures came out.

I'd also guess he's not advocating smoking. I don't particularly like Finian but at least he listens to his constituents concerns.

armaghniac

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 03:10:32 PM
I'd also guess he's not advocating smoking. I don't particularly like Finian but at least he listens to his constituents concerns.

The most charitable thing you could say is that in a role as a health minister there is no place for off the cuff observations based on misquoted statistics and unscientific hearsay data. These people need to take their jobs seriously.

magpie seanie

Quote from: armaghniac on September 05, 2017, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

The most charitable thing you could say is that in a role as a health minister there is no place for off the cuff observations based on misquoted statistics and unscientific hearsay data. These people need to take their jobs seriously.

No doubt he fcuked up royally here but I'm sure he does take it seriously. He's probably not that well equipped or qualified for the job. Which is not unusual. He just doesn't have a party and a load of hacks behind him to "keep him in line".....he's actually probably more concerned with trying to do what he feels is right than get re-elected. so I'd cut him a little slack for that. his boss forced a little kid to move to the Netherlands because he wouldn't let her get medicine here that she can get over there so tell me - who's the bigger problem?

armaghniac

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 04:47:41 PM

No doubt he fcuked up royally here but I'm sure he does take it seriously. He's probably not that well equipped or qualified for the job. Which is not unusual. He just doesn't have a party and a load of hacks behind him to "keep him in line".....he's actually probably more concerned with trying to do what he feels is right than get re-elected. so I'd cut him a little slack for that.

If he is not well equipped for the job then he shouldn't be doing it. Health in particular needs people who know what they are at.

Quotehis boss forced a little kid to move to the Netherlands because he wouldn't let her get medicine here that she can get over there so tell me - who's the bigger problem?

Refused to allow the kid get the medicine or refused have the taxpayer pay for it?