Fermanagh v Antrim

Started by FermGael, May 08, 2016, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Well the ulster championship kicks off next Sunday with the glamour tie of the preliminary  round.

Antrim will be buoyed by their promotion to division 4. The have a lot of men back and will fancy their chances of causing an upset in Brewer.

Fermanagh had a good league campaign but have been hit by some injuries to key players. McCluskey is definitely out and Eoin Donnelly and Che Cullen must be rated as extremely doubtful.
The loss of probably the best midfielder in ulster at the moment and our full back would be a big blow to Fermanagh but I would still expect us to come through by a couple of points.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Avondhu star

Fermanagh will have to do it the first day. They put in some good shows in the league so we will see how McGrath has them next Sunday
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

imtommygunn

I would have fermanagh as favourites by 4 or 5 but missing donnelly would level it a good bit as would mccluskey.

AQMP

Quote from: FermGael on May 08, 2016, 07:40:55 AM
Well the ulster championship kicks off next Sunday with the glamour tie of the preliminary  round.

Antrim will be buoyed by their promotion to division 4. The have a lot of men back and will fancy their chances of causing an upset in Brewer.

Fermanagh had a good league campaign but have been hit by some injuries to key players. McCluskey is definitely out and Eoin Donnelly and Che Cullen must be rated as extremely doubtful.
The loss of probably the best midfielder in ulster at the moment and our full back would be a big blow to Fermanagh but I would still expect us to come through by a couple of points.

Yeah, Div 5 can be a very lonely place ;)  Pains me to say it as a Saffron in Fermanagh, but I can't see anything other than a comfortable Fermanagh win, 6-8 points.

seafoid

Fermanagh might be an outside bet for Ulster
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ethan Tremblay

Def leading the chasing pack but Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal still out in front. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

AQMP

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2016, 03:04:02 PM

If Fermanagh beat Antrim, they play Donegal and if they win that they play the winners of Tyrone/Derry.  That's just to get to the final.  A tall order to win it from that side of the draw.

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on May 09, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

If Fermanagh beat Antrim, they play Donegal and if they win that they play the winners of Tyrone/Derry.  That's just to get to the final.  A tall order to win it from that side of the draw.
Pete McGrath is cute. They will be coming in under the radar
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

oakleaflad

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 09, 2016, 04:05:56 PM
Def leading the chasing pack but Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal still out in front.
I don't think Fermanagh are better than Derry and that's with us being a bit of a mess at the minute. I think they will win this one with 3 or 4 points to spare though.

Rossfan

One thibg for sure Fermanagh won't fear Antrim :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bannside

Was in Roslea on Sunday Fermgael selling tickets for our club fundraising draw and was talking to a few guys there in the know who say that Fermanagh will have both Donnelly and Cullen available.

FermGael

Seen that.

What's the story with McVeigh Bannside?

Always rated him as a good footballer but why didn't he start against Louth?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

AQMP

Quote from: bannside on May 11, 2016, 08:12:09 AM
Was in Roslea on Sunday Fermgael selling tickets for our club fundraising draw and was talking to a few guys there in the know who say that Fermanagh will have both Donnelly and Cullen available.

Donnelly is a serious footballer, but I remember Bam roasted one of the Cullens two years ago, can't mind whether it was Lee or Che.

bannside

Sean Mc Veigh is an option for midfield or full back where he was experimented with during the league and it worked out well. I was expecting him to feature against Louth especially as it was clear we needed a pull out in midfield. He will definitely get game time on Sunday and may even start. Sean didnt cover himself in glory last year so will be keen to make amends, especially as he has worked hard on fitness all year and is leaner now than ever.

Antrim have a few injury concerns so I cant see management naming team until the last minute, or if so dont be surprised to see a few changes.

We will go down with reasonable confidence. We are better prepared than last year...but Fermanagh have kicked on also. Bam Neeson needs another field day like two years ago, and that day Mick Mc Cann and Niblock were awesome, so they too will need to get back to that level though both were below par against Louth a few weeks ago when we needed them. Conor Burke will attempt to curtail Sean Quigley once again but thats no easy task.

Looking forward to this. Neither team fear each other so the gloves will be off.

tonto1888

Quote from: AQMP on May 09, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

don't Armagh/Cavan play Tyrone/Derry?