Pete McGrath - new Fermanagh manager

Started by FermGael, November 07, 2013, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Peter McGrath has just been announced as the new Fermanagh football manager.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Strange appointment. A good coach 20 years ago
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermPundit

Any word of his back room team? I heard Raymie Johnston being mentoned

FermGael

Good appointment.  He will have the players respect. He has the managerial pedigree with Down and by all accounts may have a bit to prove after the way he was treated by the Down county board over the minor job.
For once, fair play to the county board.  His name did not slip out.
I wonder did they get in contact after his interview in the Irish news about the Antrim job?
Hopefully now the whole county will get behind the new manager.
Now over to Club Eirne.  Surely they will have to support the new manager.

FermPundit

Apparently 14 people approached and 4 interviewed. He'll have my full support and I wish him and the players every success. Plenty of names were mentioned all week but not once did I hear any rumours about Pete McGrath.

T Fearon

Pete not good enough for Bryansford or Down minors anymore.Desperate move for both parties,methinks.

FermGael

Quote from: T Fearon on November 07, 2013, 09:39:30 PM
Pete not good enough for Bryansford or Down minors anymore.Desperate move for both parties,methinks.

It's been 9 years. It really is time you moved on.

T Fearon

Wasn't even thinking about that,honestly.Can't see how this is a good move for either party,though wouldn't begrudge either party success.Pete is in danger of destroying his reputation,he was sacked from two jobs in his own county recently,cannot see what a man of his age will bring to Fermanagh.As has been proven recently,young managers are the way forward.

Maguire01

FermPundit

I think we need to see who he is bringing in with him before any judgements are made. Fermanagh are in a bit of a mess behind the scenes at the minute so in that regard it has to be seen as a positive appointment.

naka

Good appointment
I wish him all the best

DownFanatic

Suprising appointment. He will need a very good trainer in with him if this is to work.

orangeman

Fair play to Pete. Wasn't wanted by Down.

But that's the way of the world.

He'll do his level best in Fermanagh and it won't be Pete's fault if it doesn't work out.

Fermanagh are a very small county working with limited numbers.

rodney trotter

He will need Seamus Quigley back on the panel. Fermanagh are limited enough as it is, without having the best forward off the panel.