Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: Main Street on November 17, 2019, 09:05:05 PM

According to Diesel,  the dogs on the streets are ones to talk to, they are in the know.

We should put the dogs in the street in charge of everything, that always know everything. In the north they knew all about collusion, who was and wasn't in the various paramilitaries and who was responsible for all the killings.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 18, 2019, 06:58:09 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 18, 2019, 02:46:07 AM
This information is not new for anyone in the local area. And was alluded to by myself and others previously. Might not fit everyone's agenda and people will likely believe their own bias regardless. Myself included.
But it's not straightforward either.

Go back many pages and I told ye something similar.

Thanks for that, Diesel.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 18, 2019, 08:12:58 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 18, 2019, 07:45:59 PM
Yea. You'd wait a long time on proof if you were depending on it. Meanwhile the directors are still being intimidated and worse.

Try asking them to relax a bit whilst the guards and/or the psni get a bit of a handle on it!  As you say so many times, plenty of locals know the inside track. yet the intimidation ( 70 occurrences x £20k a shout....allegedly) was allowed to run for over 5 years whilst no one had the courage to stand up and say enough is enough. The PP may have gone on a solo and maybe his info isnt 100% correct, time will tell if he is more right than wrong, but for now at least the intimidation has stopped.
I've really lost what your saying. When did I mention anything about telling the directors to relax? My guess the attacks stopping would be due the ring leader dropping dead. The PP wasn't on a solo run. I'm sure he had it well discussed with his big mate, Tony Lunney before running to the media to tell them about his upcoming homily.
What was it about the priest's homily that upset you?

If the violent and sadistic opposition to QIH had an idealistic and charitable base instead of being a hired mercenary concept, it would continue in some form or another. But now it won't continue because it was enacted by thugs for hire and has been defeated.

bannside

And most of what goodwill that still existed for the Quinns has evaporated. SQ coming across now as bitter and twisted and blaming everyone all around for his woes.

Would he not have been better continuing in hos consultancy role starting at half a million and helping to rebuild the company quietly. Im sure had that happened there would be twenty times more goodwill and by now his remuneration would have probably doubled and who knows maybe a few shares could have been bounced back over to him. Maybe Im too detached from this, but its clear SQ has played all his cards completely wrong.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Main Street on November 19, 2019, 02:51:18 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 18, 2019, 08:12:58 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 18, 2019, 07:45:59 PM
Yea. You'd wait a long time on proof if you were depending on it. Meanwhile the directors are still being intimidated and worse.

Try asking them to relax a bit whilst the guards and/or the psni get a bit of a handle on it!  As you say so many times, plenty of locals know the inside track. yet the intimidation ( 70 occurrences x £20k a shout....allegedly) was allowed to run for over 5 years whilst no one had the courage to stand up and say enough is enough. The PP may have gone on a solo and maybe his info isnt 100% correct, time will tell if he is more right than wrong, but for now at least the intimidation has stopped.
I've really lost what your saying. When did I mention anything about telling the directors to relax? My guess the attacks stopping would be due the ring leader dropping dead. The PP wasn't on a solo run. I'm sure he had it well discussed with his big mate, Tony Lunney before running to the media to tell them about his upcoming homily.
What was it about the priest's homily that upset you?

If the violent and sadistic opposition to QIH had an idealistic and charitable base instead of being a hired mercenary concept, it would continue in some form or another. But now it won't continue because it was enacted by thugs for hire and has been defeated.

The PP is welcome to his opinion but in my view he should refrain from making allegations unless he has evidence to back up said allegations. In which case he would be better speaking to the Guards that preaching about it on a Sunday.
And if you think his homily was just by him your mad. He's a big mate of Tony Lunney's. You think the priest decided of his own bat to contact the media and make sure they were there to hear the homily? You don't find that just a little strange? It was orchestrated to try and do as much damage to SQ's name as possible.

supersarsfields

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2019, 08:12:03 AM
And most of what goodwill that still existed for the Quinns has evaporated. SQ coming across now as bitter and twisted and blaming everyone all around for his woes.

Would he not have been better continuing in hos consultancy role starting at half a million and helping to rebuild the company quietly. Im sure had that happened there would be twenty times more goodwill and by now his remuneration would have probably doubled and who knows maybe a few shares could have been bounced back over to him. Maybe Im too detached from this, but its clear SQ has played all his cards completely wrong.

SQ was removed from the consultancy business. They were at logger heads on some decisions. Maybe SQ could have said "Feck it do what you want" but I don't think he's that sort of person. And he obviously feels an attachment to the business he built up.
Should he have just let them on with it. In my view yeah, it would have been the easier path so it's what I would have done.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 19, 2019, 09:08:52 AM

SQ was removed from the consultancy business. They were at logger heads on some decisions. Maybe SQ could have said "Feck it do what you want" but I don't think he's that sort of person. And he obviously feels an attachment to the business he built up.
Should he have just let them on with it. In my view yeah, it would have been the easier path so it's what I would have done.

He lost that business due to his reckless gambling.

What about all the asset stripping and reneging on debts his family engaged in and how it had a huge impact on thousands of citizens in the state?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 19, 2019, 09:14:21 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 19, 2019, 09:08:52 AM

You don't think he is that type of person?

What about all the asset stripping and reneging on debts his family engaged in and how it had a huge impact on thousands of citizens in the state?
He obviously isn't that sort of person or otherwise he would have done that and got his £500,000 a year.

Edit* You've changed your post.

Angelo

The point about the asset stripping and reneging on debts still stands. The Quinn family behaved deplorably through those legal proceedings, they acted with contempt for the court and for the laws. They had no problem with the state picking up a billion euro tab for SQ's mistakes.

Why would people be surprised with the Quinn family being involved in underhand dealings re QIH and intimidation when they had no issue burdening the citizens of their state with the consequences of their mistakes?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 19, 2019, 09:21:26 AM
The point about the asset stripping and reneging on debts still stands. The Quinn family behaved deplorably through those legal proceedings, they acted with contempt for the court and for the laws. They had no problem with the state picking up a billion euro tab for SQ's mistakes.

Why would people be surprised with the Quinn family being involved in underhand dealings re QIH and intimidation when they had no issue burdening the citizens of their state with the consequences of their mistakes?

People are entitled to believe that SQ's involved. But presenting it as fact is another case. I don't believe he was involved and I'll argue my point on that. I could be wrong, and maybe he is involved. But I certainly won't present my opinion as fact when my view is as much based on hearsay and conjecture as the other side.

Rossfan

I wonder how much extra car and house insurance I'm paying because of Quinn's cowboy business?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

southtyronegael

It's 5% government levy on every insurance policy isn't it?

guy crouchback

its actually a bit higher its 7% now but most companies have so far absorbed the extra 2%.
thats only half the story though, the behavior of Quinn down the years went a long way to creating the dysfunctional insurance market we have at present. not the rest are much better. as someone involved in the industry i have always said that the insurance companies are by and large ran by spivs and chancres, but of course sean quinn raised the bar.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM