season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I get things done.Unprecedented chaos on Saturday.Normally the machine doesn't work.On Saturday,the operator didn't know how to work the machine and had to be shown by the supporters! ;D

T Fearon

By the way,did you all get the offer of a Premium ticket for 35 euros for Croker on Saturday?

Rossfan

Not much good to you or I Tony  :-\
Why would you want to spend 7 hours in Croker looking at other teams and pay a "bargain â,¬35" for the dubious privilege?
I expect Cavan's participation will double the originally anticipated attendance ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

So you only watch All Ireland Finals when Roscommon are in them? Its not a bad offer (tickets are Davin, but sure you can alwasy move to a vacant seat in the Hogan or Cusack). I am mulling it over as I post!

One of the three games is bound to be a cracker, as was the case when I won premium tickets for three games on the same day two years ago, one of which was the epic Kildare V Donegal clash.

Rossfan

I'd prefer if they'd do something for the Minor Qtr Final - even a â,¬5 off.
I could be tempted to go to an AI final alright Tony but sure next Saturday it's only â,¬25 to get an ordinary seat prob near the half way line if I REALLY wanted to see Cavan ( saw them in April), London ( saw them twice last few weeks), Galway ( I see too much of them over the years), Cork ( sure I might see them in the Final :D), Meath ( saw them in March) and Tyrone ( saw them a few weeks ago).
Enjot the day if you go anyway Tony as you mull over what might have been  :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

My tickets through this scheme have generally been good (can think of one example where we got bad seats) even in Ballybofey this year. If you go the league games and your county does well there can be great cost savings. For Tyrone this year the €75 ticket got you 7 league games at €91 (7 x 13), a league semi final at approx €20, league final at approx €20 and first round of championship at approx €20. So it has worked out at about half price for the ticket. There's also the option to go to other county league games and the All Ireland club finals. Plus there's been €5 savings on each of the qualifiers. Definitely a good investment if you go to enough games.

RMDrive

Had a poor enough seat on Sunday. I was in the Pat McGrane stand section, 4 rows back and about 3-4 metres from the half way line. The TV camera that was located at half way blocked my view of the goal on my RHS. I had to watch all the action down that end on the TV screen on my right.
Not the end of the world but still a bit annoying for a season ticket.

T Fearon

Season Ticket is excellent value. I have had one since their introduction (5 years ago!) and the only complaint I'd have is for poor seats allocated at big games in the Ulster Championship at Clones (all too rare in Armagh's case since 2009). But, let's face it, unless you live in your club 24/7 practically, or are a Committee member, are you really going to get better quality seats by buying tickets for these games from your club  or other outlet? And you'll be paying 5 euros more.

The guarantee of a ticket for the All Ireland final should your county qualify, and you've attended 60% of the league and Championship games, means they're worth the money alone. If you're a regular attender at your County's league and championship games, its a no brainer.

Goldengreen

Quote from: RMDrive on July 23, 2013, 04:10:43 PM
Had a poor enough seat on Sunday. I was in the Pat McGrane stand section, 4 rows back and about 3-4 metres from the half way line. The TV camera that was located at half way blocked my view of the goal on my RHS. I had to watch all the action down that end on the TV screen on my right.
Not the end of the world but still a bit annoying for a season ticket.

when i got my tickets last week i noticed they were row c, and i knew that was way too close to the front, so emailed them and they reassigned them to the very back row of the seating section, perfect height. Really the season ticket people should know what is a good ticket and what is a bad one. In Clones where the front row is at eye level with the grass then the first few rows will always be restricted viewing with camera men, water boys, lines man, even them big yellow gates get in the way.

T Fearon

Mulling over and premium purchased for Saturday! 35 euros for a premium ticket to witness two football games and World War 3 (ie Tyrone V Meath) isn't a bad deal! ;D

donelli

not able to get the premium upgrade for croker's matches this Saturday.
"There are no tickets available at this time. Please try again later. "

T Fearon

Glad I made the move early.

Croí na hÉireann

Had the first bit of trouble with the season ticket getting into Cusack Park for the Fermanagh game. The scanner said "STOP" in big bold letters and as far as the aul lad operating it was concerned that was it and I wasn't getting in. Now I knew my visa card had been debited (checked the day before) so I persisted that it was valid and paid for and eventually he asked a younger fellow to have a look at it. I started to get the "only valid for league games" speech before I butted in and told him to check the sheet that they had been using for the league games.

While he went off searching for that Victor Meldrew behind me, who had been making loads of impatient noises, started giving out that all the seats would be gone if I didn't get out of the way. Had to restrain myself from telling him where my size nine would be going in a minute and settled on informing him politely that he should have been here earlier then. Sheet came back eventually, my name wasn't on the sheet until I had to point it out to him. Took an age to cross reference my card name and number and eventually let me in.

Will definitely get one again though next year, like the man said excellent value despite the odd hiccup.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

Five years down the line, these things should not be happening.

At Celtic Park in Glasgow, you place the barcode of your match ticket into a machine fixed to the wall at the turnstile and in you go, never a problem. Would it be beyond the means of the GAA to install one machine such as this, at the season ticket stile at the major County Ground in every  county (that's 32 machines only required).

ballinaman

Where are the season tickets likely to go? Lower Cusack? I see the bring a friend option has you stuck up in the upper cusack down by the hill or the lower Davin. Not exactly a great incentive to bring somebody along!