Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Possible group of death (in general)
Spain
Germany
Portugal
France

dont think uefa would allow that to happen though.

from an irish perspective, getting any of the below teams would be ideal:

Poland/Ukraine
England/Italy
Greece/Sweden

fearglasmor

Fair auld set of biceps on Given in that pic.
Pity he couldn't use them to keep the fcukin ball out of the net.      ;D

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Hardy on November 16, 2011, 12:05:41 PM
Quote from: ludermor on November 16, 2011, 11:57:21 AM
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/388016/
think its tony hickey the FAI head of security.

Thanks. So he is the bouncer.

Used to see him a lot around Barrow Street. He comes into the Spar there for a sandwich. You wouldn't like to mess with him!

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ludermor

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.  Joinned up thinking maybe?

GAA will watch Euro 2012 draw closely
16 November 2011

Provincial council chiefs will be amongst those glued to the Euro 2012 draw on December 2nd.

Depending on when the Republic of Ireland will be in action in Poland and Ukraine next summer, some provincial championship matches may be moved to avoid a fixtures clash.

If Gio's Army are scheduled to play at the same time as a senior intercounty football or hurling match, attendances at the GAA games could suffer as interest in the soccer would be phenomenal - so provincial councils have indicated a willing to re-jig their fixtures.

Both Ulster and Leinster Council have suggested that they will take the Euro 2012 draw into account.

"We're conscious of what's going on next June and we'd be hopeful that we'd be able to avoid a clash," says Ulster Council president Aoghan Farrell.

Leinster chief Michael Delaney added: "I can't speak for other provincial councils, but I know we would certainly be keen to avoid a clash and we'll be as flexible as we have to be."
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 16, 2011, 03:39:05 PM
From Hoganstand.  Joinned up thinking maybe?

GAA will watch Euro 2012 draw closely
16 November 2011

Provincial council chiefs will be amongst those glued to the Euro 2012 draw on December 2nd.

Depending on when the Republic of Ireland will be in action in Poland and Ukraine next summer, some provincial championship matches may be moved to avoid a fixtures clash.

If Gio's Army are scheduled to play at the same time as a senior intercounty football or hurling match, attendances at the GAA games could suffer as interest in the soccer would be phenomenal - so provincial councils have indicated a willing to re-jig their fixtures.

Both Ulster and Leinster Council have suggested that they will take the Euro 2012 draw into account.

"We're conscious of what's going on next June and we'd be hopeful that we'd be able to avoid a clash," says Ulster Council president Aoghan Farrell.

Leinster chief Michael Delaney added: "I can't speak for other provincial councils, but I know we would certainly be keen to avoid a clash and we'll be as flexible as we have to be."

Good to see a bit of common sense.
Tbc....

screenmachine

Some amount of bitter Norn Iron men about today.  Couldn't bear to watch the game as they were celebrating from the start in the stands, ole this, ole that. Hope they're stuffed, etc...I think the suicide rate would go through the roof in East Belfast if Ireland done a Greece from a few years back...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Main Street

A lugubrious Bill asked the Panel last night, in a horrified tone -  'But what happens if we turn up like Greece did?'

The response was, 'I hope so Bill, that means we win the thing'.

AFS

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 16, 2011, 12:25:10 PM
Seems a bit unfair that the hosts get seeded into Pot1 without even having to qualify!

Current rankings:

Ireland - 25
Ukraine - 58
Poland - 64

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

The host countries haven't played any competitive fixtures for two years, that's why their rankings have gone to shit.

Capt Pat

Will this be the last tournament for the old firm Dunphy, Giles and Billo. They are beginning to look like an old folks home.

thewobbler

If Richie Sadlier is what's coming in to replace them, I hope Dunphy and co can go on forever.

Saddler has the likeability of a sack of damp coal, and only marginally more insightful opinions.

Hopefully Souey can make time this summer.

Orangemac

Quote from: thewobbler on November 16, 2011, 10:01:06 PM
If Richie Sadlier is what's coming in to replace them, I hope Dunphy and co can go on forever.

Saddler has the likeability of a sack of damp coal, and only marginally more insightful opinions.

Hopefully Souey can make time this summer.
Did Souness and Dunphy ever make up after Souness asked him who ever managed?

Dunphy is the Brolly of international football punditry. Great craic but no consistent thinking.

He always has his player du jour who is not getting a game, Liam Miller, Andy Reid, currently Seamus Coleman who is a great prospect but where would Dunphy play him. Would he drop Duff?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: AFS on November 16, 2011, 06:07:16 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 16, 2011, 12:25:10 PM
Seems a bit unfair that the hosts get seeded into Pot1 without even having to qualify!

Current rankings:

Ireland - 25
Ukraine - 58
Poland - 64

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

The host countries haven't played any competitive fixtures for two years, that's why their rankings have gone to shit.

Had thought that, but they have played a shed load of friendlies and I think a wee tourno or two, so would have been getting ranking points (albeit not as heavily weighted) from those games.
Anyway we can only hope to get into one of their groups.
Tbc....