Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Yea its been a wet month, but after a dry summer it was expected and needed in most cases.

armaghniac

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 01, 2022, 03:49:22 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on November 01, 2022, 03:30:22 PM
Yea its been a wet month, but after a dry summer it was expected and needed in most cases.

April & May, which are normally the driest months of the year, were wetter than average but yes July & August were much drier than normal. There was a good amount of rain in September but nothing compared to October. It was quite telling however that despite the large amount of rain, the local grassland was largely able to soak most of it up with not many standing puddles lasting long in fields in places you'd normally expect - even last Friday.

Different places had different experiences. Among the Met.ie stations Finner (not far from West Tyrone) had 2.5 times as much rain in October as September, but in Dublin September was unusually wet and October was slightly less wet. 

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Weather causing havoc in England this week, airports closed all over the show, I was to drop family off at airport this morning, flights all cancelled, I'm happy enough as it would have cost me a fortune in London!!

How do the likes of Canada and other harder hit weather wise, countries do it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

It's easier when there's 4-5 months of the stuff year in year out.
You prepare for it.
Snow tires are mandatory in certain provinces - you're insurance is invalidated if you get in an accident and don't have them on.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2022, 12:27:39 PM
Weather causing havoc in England this week, airports closed all over the show, I was to drop family off at airport this morning, flights all cancelled, I'm happy enough as it would have cost me a fortune in London!!

Snow will cause problems anywhere, until you can clear it.
But there was no excuse for the delays here on Friday caused by -1C temperatures.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 12, 2022, 01:34:41 PM

Snow will cause problems anywhere, until you can clear it.
But there was no excuse for the delays here on Friday caused by -1C temperatures.

I get weather will prevent delay and disrupt but it's not like they didn't know it was going to happen?!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

It seems a bit chilly in Ontario, Quebec, New England direction. It was alleged to be -31C in southern Ontario and that is on the cold side even there.

J70

Wind chill of -20 C in NYC this morning.

Thankfully warming up tomorrow

omagh_gael

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 10, 2023, 10:13:03 AM
Could be another blast of snow later in the month

https://www.independent.ie/weather/beast-from-the-east-2-a-possibility-later-this-month-as-sudden-stratospheric-warming-event-looms-42335708.html

Absolute rubbish, there is a chance of a SSW but there's every possibility it won't affect our weather at all. No computer models can predict the weather with any degree if certainty more than 5 days in advance. These clickbait articles aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Cunny Funt

What's the weather like in Navan these days? Clip from 20+ years ago

https://youtu.be/Gg17aUTmzcI

Truth hurts

gives a bad day tomorrow

Aaron Boone

Need some rain for the grass. Need some growth.

Olly

My da has us all out pishing on the grass with sheets around us for privacy.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 15, 2023, 10:43:32 PM
Need some rain for the grass. Need some growth.
Plenty incoming by the looks of it. Be moaning it's too wet soon.

Good weather finishing just on the day my middle fella finishes his GCSEs!