Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcard

Quote from: ziggysego on August 01, 2008, 01:17:32 AM
A lot of teachers have said that to me over the pass week. Had to muster all my energy not to slap them.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3077.msg344927#new

Stick it on here Ziggy  :D

Gold

Quote from: ziggysego on August 01, 2008, 01:17:32 AM
A lot of teachers have said that to me over the pass week. Had to muster all my energy not to slap them.

exactly ziggy

"oh we've only been off for 1 month and only have 1 months holidays left"

catch a f**king grip--i have one weeks holidays the week after next and cant wait--15 days to take per year, imagine gettin 60 SIXTY days off in the summer

i hate teachers and their easy lives
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ONeill

Only another 25 days left. Finding it hard to sleep thinking about it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Gold where do you work that you only get 15 holidays a year?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Farrandeelin

I can finally say I'm a teacher! Got offered a job today. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Sorry to hear that. What type of school?

wherefromreferee?

My mate was complaining to me last night that he only has another 3 weeks left of his holidays. I got a fortnight in July.
I just don't think they (teachers) realise how lucky they are.  Off course, and i'm not afraid to admit it, I clearly jealous/envious.  Too late for a career change??
In your Endo!

Tony Baloney

Teachers should be made to do community service during the summer holidays.

Gaffer

If somre of you think teaching is so handy why dont you just go and train to be one so you can have a 'handy' job like us with all those holidays throughout the year?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2008, 09:02:44 PM

Fair Play Farrandeelin will you be teaching in Mayo ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

FL/MAYO

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 07, 2008, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2008, 09:02:44 PM

Fair Play Farrandeelin will you be teaching in Mayo ?

Will you be teaching in Jarlaths?

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 07, 2008, 06:35:55 PM
it improved cash flow for the Government.

On what basis I wonder?
Where Option 1 is the 10 monthly payments (no July & August) and Option 2 is the 12 even payments and using an annual discount rate of 3% (cost of governments capital anyone?!), the following can be said when contemplating an annual salary of 25k:

Evaluated at start of calendar year: Option 1 NPV of current year government cash payments 24,610
Evaluated at start of calendar year: Option 2 NPV of current year government cash payments 24,598
Evaluated on April 1 (fiscal / tax year): Option 1 NPV of current year government cash payments 24,574
Evaluated on April 1 (fiscal / tax year): Option 2 NPV of current year government cash payments 24,598
[all pre tax NPV]

Assuming the government tend to analyse CF on a fiscal year basis, I'd argue that they'd have been better off under the old scenario.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

ONeill

Maybe TYP can shed some light on the difficulty in expelling pupils from school for dangerous offences. It seems that a child can kneecap you but survive, as appropriate measures weren't taken to develop the child's social skills.

Tony Baloney

Why school governors and ELBs falling over themselves to keep these thugs in schools and classes where they obviously don't deserve to be. Won't someone think of the children?! No won't someone think of the teachers and classroom assistants having to manage these no marks on a daily basis.