Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on September 25, 2008, 04:48:10 PM
dont shoot the messenger....
The lads playing said it was an u-21, some of them were still minor though???

Think it was actually '97 and XMG had won it from 93-96!!!

It was u21, I was playing that day as well, most of us were still minor at the time though.  think it was 97.

The formal was some craic the previous night

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 25, 2008, 03:59:52 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 25, 2008, 09:28:35 AM
I see the Cuchulianns play middletown in the atheltic grounds next Thursday night under the lights

I heard Last night they were thinking about this, but for this Tuesday. Were did you get this info El C.

I can't see them letting a hurling game be the 1st under lights. If so it should be a free gate and a good look for the public.

This game would be a play off to represent Armagh in the Ulster Intermediate as Keady are reigning Ulster Champions and move up into Ulster senior; I suppose you could call it the Armagh Intermediate Final, as the lower grade is called Junior, but I think play-off sounds more appropriate

One of your lads was tellin me this morning.  I think I'll have to go down and see it, It could cut up rough.  :)

the ring road will be packed again if the lights are on  ;)

RealSpiritof98

It was definately 97 candy, i mind big Eky McGurgan taken cross inc macs and francis apart in killeavy in the semi, but then Barry Duffy did the damage in the final in the athletic grounds

corn02

I know a lot of you will be mad to get to this. You can read about the tragedy and the Gearld Fearon appeal at www.gfmemorialday.com. I am sure youhave read about it in the news over the last two years. A lot more names to be added that I will update, anyone likely to head?

In case you cant see the writing it is Armagh v An allstar select managed by Joe Kernan and Mickey Harte:

Ref:Pat McEnaney

Players: include : Kierna McGeeney, Conor Mortimer, Graham Geraghty, Paddy Bradley, Seanie Johnston, Paul Barden, Karol Mannion, Eamon O'Hara, Ross Munnelly, Brian Dooher, BRyan Cullen, Marty McGrath.

Saturday, October 18th. Dromintee.

Golden Oldies too - names to be revealed.

Whacker

Good man Corn was going to put something up about it!

Should be a great event!

BenDover

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 25, 2008, 06:28:22 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 25, 2008, 03:59:52 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 25, 2008, 09:28:35 AM
I see the Cuchulianns play middletown in the atheltic grounds next Thursday night under the lights

I heard Last night they were thinking about this, but for this Tuesday. Were did you get this info El C.

I can't see them letting a hurling game be the 1st under lights. If so it should be a free gate and a good look for the public.

This game would be a play off to represent Armagh in the Ulster Intermediate as Keady are reigning Ulster Champions and move up into Ulster senior; I suppose you could call it the Armagh Intermediate Final, as the lower grade is called Junior, but I think play-off sounds more appropriate

One of your lads was tellin me this morning.  I think I'll have to go down and see it, It could cut up rough.  :)

the ring road will be packed again if the lights are on  ;)

AFAIK we will also be playing for league points as well as a place in the Ulster Intermediate so should be a good game hopefully

bennydorano

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 25, 2008, 10:05:44 PM
It was definately 97 candy, i mind big Eky McGurgan taken cross inc macs and francis apart in killeavy in the semi, but then Barry Duffy did the damage in the final in the athletic grounds
That is deadly, I have no recollection of either the semi or final and I'm pretty sure I would have been at both if I was about.  (I've no memory of the SFC final v Mullaghbawn in '95 either, but I could have slept through that one).

Who was the manager in 97?

fcuksake

Quote from: bennydorano on September 26, 2008, 10:22:52 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 25, 2008, 10:05:44 PM
That is deadly, I have no recollection of either the semi or final and I'm pretty sure I would have been at both if I was about.  (I've no memory of the SFC final v Mullaghbawn in '95 either, but I could have slept through that one).

Who was the manager in 97?

cant remember the semi against Cross , but i do recall the final in the gaelic field.  correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the night there was a stripper for Harpo???? i think it was his birfday ???
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

RealSpiritof98

Charlie Agnew i think. He took it when know one wanted it. And did so for many more years until finally reaching the promised land in 2005. 

Candyman

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 26, 2008, 10:34:59 AM
Charlie Agnew i think. He took it when know one wanted it. And did so for many more years until finally reaching the promised land in 2005. 

Ah but what a crop he had then...  ;)

RealSpiritof98

What a crop indeed, you are refering to the unique backroom team he had of course. Just out of interest how many of the lads that beat cross that day will be lining out next week.

illdecide

Lads could someone give me directions to Tullysaran's pitch from Lurgan (yes we could well be playing there in a few years but i have a meeting at their pitch on Monday) and i haven't a clue where it is...

do i go to Portadown - Moy - Benburb
Or M1 toward's Dungannon and cut back on myself???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Come into the city via the portadown road!! Head for the cathedral (Road) and keep going on out there!! Go straight on past "Free Legar Hill" and the ballycrummy road and you are heading for eglish....
its about 6miles out there i'd say and you'll come to a set of cross-roads.
Left = Caledon
Straight on = Eglish
Right = Tullysaran

Take right at the cross roads and continue up the hill, travel for about a mile until you come to a clump of houses. You will see the chapel on the left and take the next left after that you couldnt miss the pitch....

Best I can do...

Donagh

If you are leaving from Lurgan, the handiest way is probably down the motorway and it's the first or second left after the motorway ends (think it's signposted Eglish). Go up that road a mile or two then head left for Armagh. The club is another few miles up that road. 

Throw ball

Best way to Tullysaran I believe is to go down the motorway. At end of motorway you come to a roundabout. Take first left heading for Eglish. When you go through Eglish follow signs to Armagh. You will pass Glass Factory and old Kernans mushroom buildings on your left. Couple of miles down the road come to a crossroads. Take a left signposted for Benburb/Blackwatertown. (you can see a church on your left). Travel along this road for about a mile. You will pass a pub on the corner. After this you will see houses on your right. Take first left past the chapel. Pitch and club rooms on left.