Hugo Duncan

Started by Dougal Maguire, March 01, 2008, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

When up in Derry one day last week the car radio tuned itself into Radio Foyle. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they don't have to listen to Hugo Duncan but instead Sean Coyle has a show between half one and three. It's not fair that we're inflicted with him when the area from which he comes from gets off scott free. To make matters worse they don't have tubby Nolan either
Careful now

Uladh

I f**king hate Nolan, the w**ker. He has ruined my late night 5live listening at the weekends. the controller of 5live should be shot with a ball of his own shite for hiring the fat bastard.

passedit

Get off the fence Uladh, do you like him or not?
Don't Panic

Uladh

Did i say that out loud?

doire na raithe

some years back I had a run in with that fat bastard nolan, the night of st. paddys day 3am in the holylands. Although I'm sure I wasn't the most accomodating person he had ever met I can honestly say ive rarely met someone so arrogant and twisted. His shows really just are radio and tv manifestations of 'the Sun'.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Uladh on March 01, 2008, 10:47:20 AM

I f**king hate Nolan, the w**ker. He has ruined my late night 5live listening at the weekends. the controller of 5live should be shot with a ball of his own shite for hiring the fat bastard.

Agree, big time!!!!!!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

ziggysego

Nolan was in Greencastle the time Tom McDermott was in Big Brother. He was doing a piece for the BBC. This was before he got 'famous', but was recognisable. I found him annoying even back then. Trying to get everyone all hyped up before the cameras started rolling.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Nolan is Radio Ulster's Jeremy Kyle.

Estimator

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 01, 2008, 09:43:21 AM
When up in Derry one day last week the car radio tuned itself into Radio Foyle. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they don't have to listen to Hugo Duncan but instead Sean Coyle has a show between half one and three. It's not fair that we're inflicted with him when the area from which he comes from gets off scott free. To make matters worse they don't have tubby Nolan either

Hang on, Hugo Duncan is a typical Tyrone man - Strabane through and through! Sean Coyle on the other hand is a Derry Man, its only fair that we don't have to listen to Hugo!
Ulster League Champions 2009

thebandit

Quote from: doire na raithe on March 01, 2008, 11:24:42 AM
some years back I had a run in with that fat bastard nolan, the night of st. paddys day 3am in the holylands. Although I'm sure I wasn't the most accomodating person he had ever met I can honestly say ive rarely met someone so arrogant and twisted. His shows really just are radio and tv manifestations of 'the Sun'.

Was that 2001? I met him in the holylands that time he was out interviewing outside Renshaws!

doire na raithe

no not that far back was only 2005 I think, he was outside renshaws that nite too, i met him and davy farrel (chairman of the rugby road residents association) taking the piss out of some unfortunate girl who was in a bad way being sick on the side of the road, ok am sure it was self-inflicted but just something about two middle-aged men laughing at a young girl being sick in the early hours of the morning struck me as not quite right.

doire na raithe

actually i think it would be great if we started a whole new, I hate steven nolan thread, but he'd probably revel in something like that.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Estimator on March 01, 2008, 01:12:36 PM

Hang on, Hugo Duncan is a typical Tyrone man - Strabane through and through! Sean Coyle on the other hand is a Derry Man, its only fair that we don't have to listen to Hugo!

Noone should ever have to listen to that gobshite Duncan; I know what I'd like to do with one of his cream buns. I fail to understand how the BBC allow him to broadcast.
"Stercus accidit"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 01, 2008, 03:11:28 PM
Quote from: Estimator on March 01, 2008, 01:12:36 PM

Noone should ever have to listen to that gobshite Duncan; I know what I'd like to do with one of his cream buns. I fail to understand how the BBC allow him to broadcast.

There is an easy option then, tune into something else, do you really think the users of this board are the deomographic the BBC are aiming their afternoon schedule at?  Hugo Duncan is widely recognised as adding many listeners to his programme and unlike the false Geroge Jones is actually a great person to know.  I cannot understand why you would be listening to it in the first place, unless you are 40+.  So stop complaining and tune into Radio 2, great presenters (Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright, Chris Evans et al)

red hander

Quote from: ziggysego on March 01, 2008, 12:03:46 PM
Nolan was in Greencastle the time Tom McDermott was in Big Brother. He was doing a piece for the BBC. This was before he got 'famous', but was recognisable. I found him annoying even back then. Trying to get everyone all hyped up before the cameras started rolling.

Should have handed out bags of speed to the denizens of Greencastle, that would have got everyone hyped up all right...