The New Years resolution Thread

Started by haveaharp, November 08, 2007, 10:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

Early days lads i suppose but what is the general consensus for new years resolutions.
I have already started mine.
a)Less Beer
b)More Exercise
result =
c) Lose beef

The thinking being that if i start now then it will be easier in January. Other years i've thought feck it get christmas out of the way and worry about it then but the task seems very daunting on the first of January when its cold dark and miserable and all you want to do is get through the winter in the most amount of comfort possible.
Any thoughts / tips on staying motivated, avoiding the pub, general lifestyle changes?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

el_cuervo_fc

I dunno about the less beer one

I think the exercise one will have to start shortly.  When the football season is over you dont be long goin up a few notches in the belt.

For me i think it's gonna be the cigarettes again, well cut down from last year though at the minute, so might just make the whole hog, try n get through a season with a full set of lungs

Goats Do Shave

Candyman

i think if ye keep the exercise going over the winter its much easier to get bak into full training in january...
ASK HARPO!!!  :D

Gnevin

Quote from: haveaharp on November 08, 2007, 10:59:35 AM
Early days lads i suppose but what is the general consensus for new years resolutions.
I have already started mine.
a)Less Beer
b)More Exercise
result =
c) Lose beef

The thinking being that if i start now then it will be easier in January. Other years i've thought feck it get christmas out of the way and worry about it then but the task seems very daunting on the first of January when its cold dark and miserable and all you want to do is get through the winter in the most amount of comfort possible.
Any thoughts / tips on staying motivated, avoiding the pub, general lifestyle changes?
They say it take 20 days to form or break a habit. So only start going to the gym when you know you'll be able to go 2/3/4 whatever times each week for the first 3 weeks, after that you find you self wanting to go the gym if you miss a couple of day or at least i did
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

haveaharp

Quote from: ziggysego on November 08, 2007, 11:22:31 AM
Cut down on the junk food.

I very rarely eat junk food, and never eat crisps or sweets. Diet is actually quite clean. All i have to do is look at a pint to put on weight though. And the sedentary nature of the job means no exercise

armaghniac

Take a run before you drink
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBMQaVau1g

(video of ad, harmless enough but fuzzy nudity involved for those at work) 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

his holiness nb

Jesus lads, its bad enough having christmas decorations up at the same time as halloween ones, but new years resolutions in early November??

Bad idea I reckon, say you are going to give up beer in january, will you subconsciously cram in as much as you can for two months in advance of it?
Ask me holy bollix

el_cuervo_fc

What a great idea  ;)

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 08, 2007, 12:27:14 PM

Bad idea I reckon, say you are going to give up beer in january, will you subconsciously cram in as much as you can for two months in advance of it?

Puckoon

Im going to stop spying on the neighbours. Unless the neighbours new years resolution is to lose some weight.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Kerry Mike

3-in-a-Row for the Kingdom is all I want for 2008.  Beating the Langers and the Jackeens along the way again would be a nice bonus.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Stopping the Kerry boys getting 3 in a row is all I want for 2008.
Testing Accessibility