"9/11The Falling Man" Now on Channel 4

Started by Balboa, September 06, 2007, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Well worth a look now on Ch 4, about the people that jumped from World Trade Centre. In particular trying to trace one of the people that jumped.

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
Aye, I noticed this was on when I was checking what time 'Sex Change Hospital' is on at.

Its still the best tv you will see, and i dont mean Sex Change Hospital......

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

J70

I watched it on YouTube the other day. The family of the Hispanic chef from Windows on the World were devastated when he was identified as potentially the man in the photo, because as devout catholics they couldn't accept that he would make the decision to end it himself and consign himself to eternal damnation for comitting suicide! Some comfort their religious faith was! Thankfully for them, he was later ruled out as the person in question.

Poor bastards though. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to have been stranded up there and left with the choice of waiting in the extreme heat and smoke to die, or just deciding to get it over with by jumping. Just regular people going to work and ending up in that situation...

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

As bad as any normal Iraqi going to work and getting blown up on the bus into town.

I see America's favourite bogey man OBL is about to make his first 'broadcast' since Oct 04, as we approach the 6th anniversary of 9/11. And just as the American generals are about to release their latest report on their so-called 'war against those pesky terrorists in Iraq (?) who caused 9/11'.

Poor old Dubya.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

mannix

I was on the rooftop once in 1996.Was on the 90 OR 96  floor another time and stood at a window looking out,scary height and with windows narrow and long it looked strange.If they jumped it was because the heat was melting them, you need to see the height to believe it.They really had no choice, melt or jump and suffer 10 or 12 seconds of terror before death.
RIP.

Orior

Did the program mention a firefighter who was killed when he was hit by a jumper? Heard that from an NY cop.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Balboa

Quote from: Orior on September 07, 2007, 09:12:18 AM
Did the program mention a firefighter who was killed when he was hit by a jumper? Heard that from an NY cop.

No but i am reading a book about it at the minute "102 Minutes", and there is mention of it. You can imagine the impact from that height, it also says on the book that a fella was having his morning coffee and swivelled round to see the plane coming straight for his office & he survived.

Balboa

Quote from: mannix on September 07, 2007, 08:54:56 AM
I was on the rooftop once in 1996.Was on the 90 OR 96  floor another time and stood at a window looking out,scary height and with windows narrow and long it looked strange.If they jumped it was because the heat was melting them, you need to see the height to believe it.They really had no choice, melt or jump and suffer 10 or 12 seconds of terror before death.
RIP.

The windows were so narrow because the architect that designed it was scared of heights and the narrow windows alleviated it a bit for him.

mannix

They were some buildings.I heard from an irish carpenter that in the high floors on a windy day the plumbob would move continuosly and you could not mark a spot to work from.The new tower is at street level, the site is l a whole in the ground though, you would imagine it would have moved along faster.6 years and still a big pit.

bingobus

Did anyone ever see the film/docu about the two French guys making the docu on new recruits to the FDNY and were based with a ladder beside the Twin towers.

They were filming and caught the planes hitting the towers and ended up with the Firefighters in the towers and caught all the mayhem of the day from the lobby and one of them was actually in one of towers as it collapsed. They had some unreal footage. Brillant show.

Anyway, they caught on camera the impact of the jumpers as they hit the ground and lobby area. The noise was like a bomb going off as they hit the ground. Scary stuff.