BBC Presenter ‘Scandal’

Started by Dougal Maguire, July 11, 2023, 11:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah I suspect the homophobia thing is at play here too.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 13, 2023, 11:38:05 AM
Yeah I suspect the homophobia thing is at play here too.

Yet the Torys (who've quite a few MP's up on various sexual assault charges including rape  https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/18/list-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations-made-against-mps) laughed and sniggered about Pincher by name, Pincher by nature...

93-DY-SAM

This is all sleight of hand, the same as the small boat's narrative. The newspapers and the UK Gov (the Irish Gov is guilty of this as well) want the plebs on the street to be focused on this stuff instead of the fundamental issues of the day such as the state of the economy, the state of the health service, the state of the government including Boris and his refusal to hand over his phone to the Covid enquiry.

It is all a massive distraction. Saw that Emmet Kirwan clip from the Late Late Show a good number of years ago resurface. It is all about people being suspicious of their neighbours and blaming them for the state of the country instead of the spotlight being shone where it should - those at the top.

johnnycool

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 13, 2023, 11:45:16 AM
This is all sleight of hand, the same as the small boat's narrative. The newspapers and the UK Gov (the Irish Gov is guilty of this as well) want the plebs on the street to be focused on this stuff instead of the fundamental issues of the day such as the state of the economy, the state of the health service, the state of the government including Boris and his refusal to hand over his phone to the Covid enquiry.

It is all a massive distraction. Saw that Emmet Kirwan clip from the Late Late Show a good number of years ago resurface. It is all about people being suspicious of their neighbours and blaming them for the state of the country instead of the spotlight being shone where it should - those at the top.

A good day to bury bad news!

in the meantime Boris fails to give his whatsapp messages over to the Covid tribunal in breach of a high court order...

imtommygunn

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 13, 2023, 11:45:16 AM

Yeah exactly what I believe too. Look over here quick...

Tony Baloney

Looks like that slimeball Dan Wootton is on the cancelled list.

mrdeeds

Have the Sun not put a false story on the front page with no evidence. The only one to profit in this was the parents and the girl in question said nothing happened.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 12, 2023, 10:00:46 PM
The arse is Really  being ripped out of  the mental health card . It's like the boy  who cried wolf . Somebody up to no good, caught with their trousers down , or whatever shenanigans  they participate in, and then it's  ...."oh my mental health . 

Schofield did it.  Said he now understood how that woman Fleck felt . More or less , telling the press "back off", because I'm teetering on the edge , and if I top myself ,  it'll be your fault for hounding/exposing me.

THe people  who genuinely have mental health problems  will be the  real sufferers in the long run . Because the mental  health card will be played so much , that  nobody will take it seriously  even when someone is genuinely suffering

May 2022 - he opened up about a 20-year struggle with depression

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-61553142

Jim Bob

Lost count of the number of 'celebrities' who have claimed that they 'considered taking their own life' when they got themselves into some handling !

trailer

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 14, 2023, 08:40:08 AM
Lost count of the number of 'celebrities' who have claimed that they 'considered taking their own life' when they got themselves into some handling !

A pandemic

Kidder81

Edwards will very soon be the victim here even though he is a dodgy sex pest

I see his behaviour in the bbc had led to the Newsnight reporter Victoria Derbyshire and a couple of other bbc journalists to conduct an investigation, before this current story broke, as he had been hassling junior staff in the bbc

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 14, 2023, 08:40:08 AM
Mind you Caroline Flack RIP wasn't bluffing.
Careful now

imtommygunn

I can't imagine it's much fun for them once they're caught up in these things. Journalists (not all but a certain kind) are a special breed of people and they torture celebrities and their families when this kind of thing happens.

The disproportionate coverage of this and Schofield are a bit ridiculous tbh. Also the abuse your woman Markle gets is ridiculous. These people get tortured.

LC

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 14, 2023, 12:28:52 PM
I get what Jim Bob is saying and the overplayed mental health card but at the same time, even though he's to blame, it must be shit being Huw Edwards right now. Would it be a stretch that he would consider  ending it all?

Feels shit for being caught as opposed to for what he has done.