Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on March 03, 2011, 04:36:39 PM
Surprise suprise fergie charged by the FA. if Saint Martin doesn't ref another United game then it's success for fergie.

And do you think he shouldn't have been charged?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

You will be all happy to hear another three years of Carrick.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Quote from: ross4life on March 03, 2011, 04:53:47 PM

It must have been just me but I thought he was just about ok the other night. One of his better games. If only there was a bit of cut to him. I suppose you can get away with it these days to a large extent.  ::)

Groucho

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 03, 2011, 04:57:31 PM

It must have been just me but I thought he was just about ok the other night. One of his better games. If only there was a bit of cut to him. I suppose you can get away with it these days to a large extent.  ::)

He even makes Ray Wilkins look exciting :D
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

The Worker

About time fergie got charged!

united have been getting off with incidents for a long time, i would say David Gill's position on the Board of the FA would have a huge influence on this.

Gaffer

United have borrowed more money than sense.
How much are they paying '50p head' Rooney? 200 grand a week, is it?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on March 03, 2011, 06:29:46 PM

united have been getting off with incidents for a long time, i would say David Gill's position on the Board of the FA would have a huge influence on this.

Your starting to sound more like Rafa every day.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

screenexile

Quote from: ross4life on March 03, 2011, 07:13:41 PM
Quote from: The Worker on March 03, 2011, 06:29:46 PM

Your starting to sound more like Rafa every day.

Nothing wrong with that . . . the man deals in facts at least!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/rafael-benitez-alex-ferguson-outburst

ross4life

EC Unique

I actually think Fergie should be able to put a good defence in here. I have seen managers (him included) come out with a lot worse. Are referees to be free from judgement no matter what their performance is like. You need to remember these are highly paid professional referees. 

ross4life

Tony Pulis has got away with loads of outbursts on refs this season i guess he's not as high profile as fergie & without the long list of bans from the FA.

Gaffer

The FA should dock United a few points.

That'll put the whinging and yapping out of the Geriatric.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rocky Mc Guigan

Chasing clubs get another boost with the news that Carrick has signed a new deal

Boycey

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 03, 2011, 10:12:43 PM
Chasing clubs get another boost with the news that Carrick has signed a new deal

I seem to be in a minority of one, I quite like Carrick :-[. He was an important part of the 3 in a row team but his stock has fallen significantly since the 2009 Champ League Final when he was singled out (unfairly I thought) as being the main reason Uniteds midfield was overrun. Decent pro if a little solid rather than spectacular. His role at United has also changed signicantly through no fault of his own, hes more often nowadays a shield in front of back four than further forward where hes better suited.

David McKeown

I presume the FA will charge Martinez and Mancini for their comments from the weekend too. Ferguson like Rooney deserves a ban but only if there is some consistency to the actions which unfortunately is lacking
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner