Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

The most Rooney has ever scored in the league is 16 goals and his average is 13 so I'd I doubt very much that he'll score even 25+ goals this season even playing perm down the middle and staying injury free.

EC Unique

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 11, 2009, 11:48:16 PM
The most Rooney has ever scored in the league is 16 goals and his average is 13 so I'd I doubt very much that he'll score even 25+ goals this season even playing perm down the middle and staying injury free.

I think he was talking about all competitions ::)  Last year he scored 20 in all so 5 more from the center is not out of the question.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: EC Unique on August 12, 2009, 09:45:20 AM

I think he was talking about all competitions ::)  Last year he scored 20 in all so 5 more from the center is not out of the question.

5 more what a great target for someone who will be playing much more down the middle  ::)

Maybe he should set a league target as he hasn't even got near the 20 mark before.

corn02

The most Rooney has ever scored in the league is 16 goals and his average is 13

:o Actually shocked by that, he should be aiming for 20 plus league goals, in the central role he should get it.

EC Unique

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 12, 2009, 12:11:25 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 12, 2009, 09:45:20 AM

Do you not rate him Dennis?
5 more what a great target for someone who will be playing much more down the middle  ::)

Maybe he should set a league target as he hasn't even got near the 20 mark before.

DennistheMenace

Only a fool wouldn't rate Rooney, he contributes well on the assist count and does endless amount of work but he isn't a prolific goal scorer not matter what way it is twisted.

He consistently score over a dozen league goals a season and this season I expect him to score around 16/17 but a player of class and the amount of chances Manyoo create should definitely be scoring 20 league goals especially if they are to counter all the goals that Ronaldo would have scored.

Big season for him no doubt though and Owen for that matter too.

fred the red

Anyone got odds on player of the year awards?

rooney is a definite shout this year.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: fred the red on August 12, 2009, 01:04:37 PM

jesus christ lets see some action first  ::)

fred the red

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 12, 2009, 01:06:32 PM
Quote from: fred the red on August 12, 2009, 01:04:37 PM

jesus christ lets see some action first  ::)

frick away off to ur villa thread  ::)

DennistheMenace

Player of the year before the season has even started LOL

EC Unique

I will stick my neck out and say if he stays serious injury free I think he will score 20+ league goals this season. I rate Torres the best premier striker as an individual but Rooney will get more chances than most other strikers with the talent around him.

corn02

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 12, 2009, 01:28:07 PM
I know what you're saying but it is no different than throwing a few quid on a team you think will win Sam.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: corn02 on August 12, 2009, 02:28:22 PM
I know what you're saying but it is no different than throwing a few quid on a team you think will win Sam.

Yes it is different, it's like betting on GAA player of the year before the AI has started, stupid really - A player can get injured/asked to play in an unfamilar role etc.. never heard of a full team getting injured..

fred the red

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 12, 2009, 04:19:21 PM

Yes it is different, it's like betting on GAA player of the year before the AI has started, stupid really - A player can get injured/asked to play in an unfamilar role etc.. never heard of a full team getting injured..

its the same as betting on a player to be top goalscorer.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: fred the red on August 12, 2009, 04:20:37 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 12, 2009, 04:19:21 PM

its the same as betting on a player to be top goalscorer.

Again no it isn't..

You do know the PFA player of the year ballots are submitted around February/March time ?

It is a flawed system and doesn't take into consideration the 'business end' of the the league, CL and FA Cup - In a season like the one before when Ronaldo was awesome it doesn't matter too much but we seen last year when there was no real stand out player how much a farce it was when Giggs won the popularity contest.

So no it isn't the 'same' as top goalscorer which is completely definitive.