Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

Trailer's WUM antics haven't worked on the Tyrone thread for years but we'll see if we can get him onto Twitter (if he's not already on it) to put pressure on there to defend his narrative

trailer

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 23, 2023, 10:14:21 AM
Trailer's WUM antics haven't worked on the Tyrone thread for years but we'll see if we can get him onto Twitter (if he's not already on it) to put pressure on there to defend his narrative

Triggered

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: trailer on January 23, 2023, 10:59:27 AM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 23, 2023, 10:14:21 AM

Triggered

A pity uniteds title charge wasn't triggered longer than a week  :-*

Armamike

Ten Hag has improved things greatly in a short space of time but any talk of a title challenge was premature to put it nicely.  There's a huge gap of 14 points between them and the top (if Arsenal win their game in hand).  Man U fans will probably point to the poor results at the start of the season as skewing things a bit but there's 3 or 4 more quality players needed in the starting 11. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Captain Scarlet

I see some of the United Twitter lads say ETH made poor sub choices and isn't changing the game. Changing it with what?
Lookit, Fred is a grand back-up and even a double-stop option with Casemiro but McTominay is not up to it.
AWB is also hit and miss. Then up top we need a loan for a player United would never sign.

There need to be a bit of a clear-out and then get lads who will 100% improve the team/ squad. ETH is way ahead of schedule. The only thing I don't understand is Anthony who I think offers nothing.

Raid Spurs this Summer for Kane or even Son through the middle would be great. Is Sancho can get his head right then he is another option.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Armamike on January 23, 2023, 11:40:46 AM
Ten Hag has improved things greatly in a short space of time but any talk of a title challenge was premature to put it nicely.  There's a huge gap of 14 points between them and the top (if Arsenal win their game in hand).  Man U fans will probably point to the poor results at the start of the season as skewing things a bit but there's 3 or 4 more quality players needed in the starting 11.
Was nice to dream for a few days there but realistically the squad is too thin and still too many players not performing to their price tags- Martial, Anthony, Sancho, Van De Beek (gone for season anyway) to name a few. 3 wins last week would have put the pressure on Arsenal but the goal for this year was 4th and a cup which we is still very achievable, need to get back to winning ways right away though.

Captain Scarlet

United need a player that we thought Donny was going to be. Someone who can play and give breaks to Bruno and Eriksen at times. I see Camavinga is subject to rumours and he would be amazing to grab for pure energy and tidyness.
Then obviously up top Martial has never been injury-free or consistent. There will need to be a splash there.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 23, 2023, 12:04:47 PM
United need a player that we thought Donny was going to be. Someone who can play and give breaks to Bruno and Eriksen at times. I see Camavinga is subject to rumours and he would be amazing to grab for pure energy and tidyness.
Then obviously up top Martial has never been injury-free or consistent. There will need to be a splash there.
Nail on head there. Really like Camavinga, would he be open to moving?

Yeah big signing needed up top, Haaland would have been perfect. Kane in the summer?

Captain Scarlet

As I said on the Premier League thread Kane would have made a lot of sense for City and Haaland would probably score even more with United. He'd be getter the ball released early by Bruno, Eriksen and Casemiro.
But lookit, Kane would be amazing with Rashford's pace and AN Other alongside...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 23, 2023, 12:45:12 PM
As I said on the Premier League thread Kane would have made a lot of sense for City and Haaland would probably score even more with United. He'd be getter the ball released early by Bruno, Eriksen and Casemiro.
But lookit, Kane would be amazing with Rashford's pace and AN Other alongside...

Would Kane not be dropping into those areas those players like Bruno and Eriksen like he does at Spurs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Doubt Utd sign anybody this window. If the club is sold the recruitment team needs cleared out. £85m for Antony another example of a long list of crazy transfers.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on January 23, 2023, 12:53:59 PM
Doubt Utd sign anybody this window. If the club is sold the recruitment team needs cleared out. £85m for Antony another example of a long list of crazy transfers.
He's an ok player who i think will definitely improve and be useful but 85m was nuts. The good thing about next summer is clubs will see we arent the desperate club with a blank cheque book anymore and also are an attractive club with a super manager again.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2023, 12:47:47 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 23, 2023, 12:45:12 PM

Would Kane not be dropping into those areas those players like Bruno and Eriksen like he does at Spurs?

True, but he tends to do that more with Spurs when service is drying up. If he had those lads feeding him it'd allow him to stay and poach more. But Son would be ideal as well and can play across the front and has serious pace. It just seems to be stale for him now.

Saffrongael

Talk that Kane is getting ready to sign a new Spurs deal
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 23, 2023, 01:16:53 PM
Talk that Kane is getting ready to sign a new Spurs deal
This could be PR from Kane. Claim he was open to a new deal but was getting offered peanuts by Spurs. Therefore he had to leave.