Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 07:35:02 PM
Gallagher stepped away but done a training session with derry on Saturday and was out celebrating with them last night

At the centre of this is an allegation of horrific abuse. Then there is the past, present and potential future impact on young kids. It's deadly serious. It is not a matter for "jokes", banter or sledging.

I have no idea if what you claim is true but you now need it to be true. Otherwise what does it say about you?

leenie

I don't need anything to be true.. He was at owenbeg on Saturday and out with some members of derry team last night.. I also know at the ulster final yesterday there were young males chanting "there's only one Rory gallagher" and older derry supporters had to tell them to shut up
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

smelmoth

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 08:15:15 PM
I don't need anything to be true.. He was at owenbeg on Saturday and out with some members of derry team last night.. I also know at the ulster final yesterday there were young males chanting "there's only one Rory gallagher" and older derry supporters had to tell them to shut up

Of course you need it to be true. If it's been made up and circulated the perpetrators of that are clearly scum of the earth.

I make no statement as to the veracity of the claim. But I stick by the claim that if people are making sh1t up about this issue then they need to have a good look at themselves.

leenie

Why do I need it to be true..? When I know it happened
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:19:03 PM

Of course you need it to be true. If it's been made up and circulated the perpetrators of that are clearly scum of the earth.

I make no statement as to the veracity of the claim. But I stick by the claim that if people are making sh1t up about this issue then they need to have a good look at themselves.

While I agree with you, I've heard this from 3 or 4 different sources now. The training session that is. Not a night out

smelmoth

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 08:22:15 PM
Why do I need it to be true..? When I know it happened

If you can explain to me how "XYZ" could have happened but a statement saying that XYZ had happened to be a false statement then I will engage

smelmoth

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 15, 2023, 08:22:49 PM

While I agree with you, I've heard this from 3 or 4 different sources now. The training session that is. Not a night out

And if it did happen, then the claim won't have been made up and I will have no issue with the statement.

And if it did happen then Derry are foooooooked.

I'll reserve judgement until I see hard evidence.

tbrick18

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:28:07 PM

And if it did happen, then the claim won't have been made up and I will have no issue with the statement.

First I heard of rg at training or out with the team, but if it did happen, please describe what you mean when you say derry are foooooked.

Edit: just realised there's a separate thread for this stuff. And actually, more I think about it, the less I want to comment on any of it because none of us know anything about any of it.

Wildweasel74

Doing well to be out any derry men last nite when the team bus only passed me with police going towards Monaghan town just before 9pm, so I call bullshit on that one.

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:28:07 PM

I've no idea if it happened or not but it was being talked about at the game.

Orior

Not near enough ladies toilets for the eastern stand. Some were contemplating using the gents.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on May 15, 2023, 09:41:21 PM
Not near enough ladies toilets for the eastern stand. Some were contemplating using the gents.

Some did

Seen a few posts on Derry fans. Can I just say that those around me were friendly, passionate, knowledgable and gracious in victory. Good people

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 08:55:53 PM
Doing well to be out any derry men last nite when the team bus only passed me with police going towards Monaghan town just before 9pm, so I call bullshit on that one.
Do you really think the Derry boys weren't out last night

The Watcher Pat

I was nearly surrounded by Derry fans every one of them shook hands with me on the way out. Good side will be hard to beat. Will come out of that group easily. Heartbreaking losing on penalties. Should never be a way to lose a game. Hopefully Jarleth will get rid of it next year.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME