Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2023, 05:39:33 PM
I've never liked Gallagher form his playing days but he knows how to get this Derry team to play a brand of football which suits them and works for them. It isn't always the prettiest but I'm sure you or anyone else from Derry don't give much thought to that.

And to be fair, Rory is not a big fan of Tonto, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dire Ear

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on May 02, 2023, 07:53:27 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2023, 05:39:33 PM
I've never liked Gallagher form his playing days but he knows how to get this Derry team to play a brand of football which suits them and works for them. It isn't always the prettiest but I'm sure you or anyone else from Derry don't give much thought to that.

And to be fair, Rory is not a big fan of Tonto, lol

He is one of many haha

general_lee

Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 05:38:24 PM
Tickets only going to clubs and season tickets. Only going on general sale if any are returned from clubs  :-[
What is the issue here? I've seen people (presumably non-GAA members) gurning on Facebook about the clubs getting first preference...

marty34

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 02, 2023, 07:11:27 PM
Gerry Arthur's £30, seats behind goals £25 and terrace/hill £20

Good pay day there.

rrhf

This could be an absolute cracker, and  I have a feeling Mc Geeney had Derry in his sights when he had Armagh playing the way they did in the National league.
Ye still have to say its Derry unless Armagh bring the type of chaos they are famous for, and in this Ulster final anything can happen. Derry look very capable towards getting the results required in the group stages of the all Ireland, however having a lifelong record as the second worst team in Ulster history, only ahead of Fermanagh will ensure they will go all out to retain their title, and edge them ever closer to their dreams of matching the likes of Antrim and others as Ulster title heavyweights.   Armagh the pretenders will also be looking at making in roads into the successful numbers of the likes of Ulster titles standard bearers Tyrone, Cavan and Monaghan. 
The true Ulster heavyweights may well be sunning themselves and topping up their tans on Sunday week as they target readiness for the all Ireland proper but Sunday week is not their day, it is time to let the shadowboxers shadowbox... The bookies and the punters will all back Derry but do not rule out the prospect of Kieran Mc Geeney grimacing in joy at the sight of the Anglo Celt cup on his mantlepiece come Sunday week.

Wildweasel74

Funny I was going through Ulster title history there recently, Anything Antrim, Monaghan and Cavan mostly won was in the 20's to 1950's, Cavan got a run of 4 titles during the 60's but from the start of the seventies  Cavan won 2, Monaghan 4. Not great in 50+ years. Derry went near 25yrs without one too so they def be looking another.

armaghniac

Quote from: rrhf on May 02, 2023, 09:33:05 PM
This could be an absolute cracker, and  I have a feeling Mc Geeney had Derry in his sights when he had Armagh playing the way they did in the National league.

He absolutely did. What we say in the league might not have been exciting, but it was designed to drill the defence so that everyone knew what to do. Against Monaghan, Derry worked the ball until the man with the ball was facing McCarron or McManus and he rounded him and scored. Armagh might not be able to stop them doing the same, but they see the danger at least.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

markl121

Quote from: general_lee on May 02, 2023, 09:14:31 PM
Tickets only going to clubs and season tickets. Only going on general sale if any are returned from clubs  :-[
What is the issue here? I've seen people (presumably non-GAA members) gurning on Facebook about the clubs getting first preference...
Think the issue is why hasn't it been done in the earlier rounds as opposed to just the final. I know a lot of lads who aren't club members but go to every game

armaghniac

Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 10:05:20 PM
Think the issue is why hasn't it been done in the earlier rounds as opposed to just the final. I know a lot of lads who aren't club members but go to every game

There is more demand for a final. The season ticket is the cure if you go to every game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 02, 2023, 09:50:09 PM
Funny I was going through Ulster title history there recently, Anything Antrim, Monaghan and Cavan mostly won was in the 20's to 1950's, Cavan got a run of 4 titles during the 60's but from the start of the seventies  Cavan won 2, Monaghan 4. Not great in 50+ years. Derry went near 25yrs without one too so they def be looking another.
Down have gone more than 25 years afaik

Armagh18

Quote from: rrhf on May 02, 2023, 09:33:05 PM
Ye still have to say its Derry unless Armagh bring the type of chaos they are famous for, and in this Ulster final anything can happen. Derry look very capable towards getting the results required in the group stages of the all Ireland, however having a lifelong record as the second worst team in Ulster history, only ahead of Fermanagh will ensure they will go all out to retain their title, and edge them ever closer to their dreams of matching the likes of Antrim and others as Ulster title heavyweights.   Armagh the pretenders will also be looking at making in roads into the successful numbers of the likes of Ulster titles standard bearers Tyrone, Cavan and Monaghan. 
The true Ulster heavyweights may well be sunning themselves and topping up their tans on Sunday week as they target readiness for the all Ireland proper but Sunday week is not their day, it is time to let the shadowboxers shadowbox... The bookies and the punters will all back Derry but do not rule out the prospect of Kieran Mc Geeney grimacing in joy at the sight of the Anglo Celt cup on his mantlepiece come Sunday week.
No point talking about titles that were won before most players and even most on here were born ffs. Ulster royalty this century was ourselves in the noughties and then Donegal and the other shower in the last decade. Lets hope we can win this one and hopefully a few more soon!

dec

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 02, 2023, 09:50:09 PM

From the start until 1955, Armagh, Antrim, Cavan and Monaghan won all the Ulster titles
From 56-59 Tyrone, Derry and Down all won their first titles, then Donegal in 72

screenexile

Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 10:05:20 PM

Bandwagoners... Tell them to pony up and pay their club membership.

High demand games like provincial finals and All Ireland finals have always gone through clubs this isn't new information!!!

Orior

Even though I'm a paid up member of a club, it's a lot handier for me to buy my ticket online.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians