Irelands greatest deli counter

Started by Truth hurts, December 21, 2022, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 22, 2022, 01:24:01 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 22, 2022, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: WeeDonns on December 22, 2022, 10:56:47 AM
Centra leads, the rest follow
Martin's Centra out at fortwilliam docks in belfast was a good one, followed by Centra Malone road, Botanic Avenue etc

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 21, 2022, 08:56:19 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 21, 2022, 04:02:53 PM
Personally the six counties deli-counters are far superior to the free state. Some counters are excellent while others are crap. Any tips for a man who travels a lot on the best delis or ones to avoid. The Milestone in Rathfriland is the best I have ever been too IMO.

This needs debated on when the new Ireland comes about

This is a fair point and one that needs to be considered in any future UI discussions. We'll only give up our public sector if there's a commitment from the south to up the stakes in the deli department!!

There was a book review on Today FM the other day reviewing a book about Breakfasts in Ireland - the reviewer was championing how much better a breakfast was up north because it included Soda bread, potato bread & beans - totally agree

One of lifes great mysteries how potato bread and fried soda (the white version) never caught on down south for breakfast.
The border was effectively closed for a long time. I remember talking to people in Dublin in the early 90s for whom the North was a foreign country.  FFS.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

HiMucker

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 22, 2022, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 22, 2022, 01:33:41 PM
Should the thread not be titled Northern Ireland's greatest deli counter?.............

Where is Northern Ireland ?  ;) :D
Malin Head?

armaghniac

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 21, 2022, 04:02:53 PM
Personally the six counties deli-counters are far superior to the free state. Some counters are excellent while others are crap. Any tips for a man who travels a lot on the best delis or ones to avoid. The Milestone in Rathfriland is the best I have ever been too IMO.

It just goes to show that if you live long enough then anything can happen, a positive post about food in Rathfriland was definitely unexpected.

Quote from: seafoid on December 22, 2022, 02:27:42 PM
The border was effectively closed for a long time. I remember talking to people in Dublin in the early 90s for whom the North was a foreign country.  FFS.

I met a fellow from Cork like that, his name was something like Martin Michel.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The breakfasts in Belfast are better than the ones down south. Farls are a good addition imo.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on December 22, 2022, 03:14:43 PM
The breakfasts in Belfast are better than the ones down south. Farls are a good addition imo.
Yeah lovely. Can be filling though so would only have it if I'm properly starving.

Tony Baloney

McGleenan's Centra in Keady does a serious feed if you are ever unfortunate enough to be in Keady.

nrico2006

Centra in Craigavon is not getting beat.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

snoopdog

A great filler for a day on the beer. Can't believe soda farls stop at the border.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: snoopdog on December 22, 2022, 08:30:34 PM
A great filler for a day on the beer. Can't believe soda farls stop at the border.
A sausage soda with brown sauce is a f**king delicacy.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 22, 2022, 03:32:56 PM
McGleenan's Centra in Keady does a serious feed if you are ever unfortunate enough to be in Keady.

Not a bad shout...qer Ger Reid (Feed) in there TBF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

quit yo jibbajabba

Anyone else reminded of "irelands biggest lingerie department" every time they see this thread?!

Just me then....

Truth hurts

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 19, 2023, 12:45:41 PM
The applegreens frys are poor

Fixed that for you.

Awful grub in those places..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 19, 2023, 03:48:44 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on January 19, 2023, 12:45:41 PM
The applegreens frys are poor

Fixed that for you.

Awful grub in those places..

Sausage toastie would be the height of it for me, they can't go wrong with that. Though been a while since I hit an Applegreen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea