Leo Varadkar becomes a racist

Started by highorlow, January 12, 2023, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 07:36:58 PM
People are leaving to better themselves, it's up to the Irish immigration authorities to keep anyone arriving at the airport without documents and send them home.

If immigrants see a loop hole then that's on Customs/immigration authorities to sort out.

That goes for anyone arriving at the port, they ain't arriving on dinghy's

If people are leaving to better themselves they are economics migrants not refugees or asylum seekers

Ireland has no legal  or fiscal obligation to these people

Especially not at the expanse of the taxpayers

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2023, 08:03:29 PM
People are leaving to better themselves, it's up to the Irish immigration authorities to keep anyone arriving at the airport without documents and send them home.

If immigrants see a loop hole then that's on Customs/immigration authorities to sort out.

If people are leaving to better themselves they are economics migrants not refugees or asylum seekers

I'm not saying they are refugees, they are leaving (like a lot of people) to improve their lives...

It's completely down to whoever is allowing them in, like I said they ain't arriving on small inflatable boats
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Quote from: highorlow on January 24, 2023, 06:36:43 PM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/ambassador-says-that-georgia-has-eu-status-of-safe-country-38657821.html

Here's another one. Able bodied men "fleeing" Georgia for asylum here.

Anyhow, the narrative is starting to change but it's still difficult to comprehend that when 90% of the population believe the present system is wrong and when 90% are against government policy that not one senior elected representative (some local councillors have tried) have put their head above the parapet and spoken out for change or some improvement.
it's amazing how scared the public is afraid of the rabid 10/20%
Not easy to shake off being called a racist or misogynistic or some other insult.
Look through all the threads on here same few people very quick to insult and label people, a worldwide problem

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 08:09:48 PM

I'm not saying they are refugees, they are leaving (like a lot of people) to improve their lives...

It's completely down to whoever is allowing them in, like I said they ain't arriving on small inflatable boats
Presumably International Law requires them to be put up while being investigated?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2023, 09:01:20 PM

Presumably International Law requires them to be put up while being investigated?

If I head to the States without documentation ( how anyone is allowed through an airport without it) they'll send me home or do they have international law?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 09:06:42 PM

If I head to the States without documentation ( how anyone is allowed through an airport without it) they'll send me home or do they have international law?

If you cross the Southern Border without documents, my understanding is they have to let you in pending approval. That's why Trump implemented the "wait in Mexico"  rule. (Would a peasant from a village have a passport or drivers license....probably not)

If you land at JFK or Logan and have no identification when you present yourself at Homeland Security you would be put on the next plane back to where you came from

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2023, 09:19:00 PM

If you cross the Southern Border without documents, my understanding is they have to let you in pending approval. That's why Trump implemented the "wait in Mexico"  rule. (Would a peasant from a village have a passport or drivers license....probably not)

If you land at JFK or Logan and have no identification when you present yourself at Homeland Security you would be put on the next plane back to where you came from

So it's not international law when you land at an airport that they can't send you home? So why do they allow it in Dublin??

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 09:23:52 PM

So it's not international law when you land at an airport that they can't send you home? So why do they allow it in Dublin??
EU law? Or us being governed by idiots? Or both?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 09:32:41 PM

EU law? Or us being governed by idiots? Or both?

Or is it a case that immigration authorities are not following through on sending them back on the return flight?

whitey

My understanding is that if you land in the States at an airport without ID they can send you back.

But if you had to fill out an ESTA, you probably wouldn't have made it that far with a fake passport. The the chances of someone presenting themselves with a fake or no passport are probably very slim

If you landed with a legit passport on a tourist visa, then claimed asylum I'd say they would have to let you in while your case is being heard

I know a Ukrainian family who came on a tourist visa in the 90s and claimed asylum once they got here. The Marathon Bombers family did something similar

Milltown Row2

Mate still there on a J1.. 30 years now ;D

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:28:11 PM
Mate still there on a J1.. 30 years now ;D

Wow-can't be easy in this day and age.

If people are coming to work and (even half way) obey the law the majority of people I know over here have little issue with illegals

tonto1888

Quote from: highorlow on January 24, 2023, 06:36:43 PM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/ambassador-says-that-georgia-has-eu-status-of-safe-country-38657821.html

Here's another one. Able bodied men "fleeing" Georgia for asylum here.

Anyhow, the narrative is starting to change but it's still difficult to comprehend that when 90% of the population believe the present system is wrong and when 90% are against government policy that not one senior elected representative (some local councillors have tried) have put their head above the parapet and spoken out for change or some improvement.

so what if they are able bodied? Are you only able to fell if you arent able bodied?

tonto1888

in terms of asylum, the 1951 convention. If you claim asylum your claim has to be considered. Doesn't matter if you are documented or not. Some of the people who arrive with without passports wont ever have had them in their possession anyway

whitey

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2023, 07:59:24 AM

in terms of asylum, the 1951 convention. If you claim asylum your claim has to be considered. Doesn't matter if you are documented or not. Some of the people who arrive with without passports wont ever have had them in their possession anyway

Serious question

How do you arrive on a plane without a passport?