Started by highorlow, January 12, 2023, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: whitey on January 12, 2023, 01:40:54 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2023, 01:06:00 PM
"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Why did he buy an apartment "recently" if he was going to sell the minute wife became pregnant. A real person would have bought a house and saved themselves 2 loads of legal fees, stamp duties etc plus auctioneer fees.
Sounds like sh1te.

I'm only telling you what was said

Recently could be 2 or 3 years ago so it's completely plausible
If he exists, and if his intention was to live in a house once his wife got pregnant why waste money buying an apartment in the first place?

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2023, 02:36:41 PM
"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Why did he buy an apartment "recently" if he was going to sell the minute wife became pregnant. A real person would have bought a house and saved themselves 2 loads of legal fees, stamp duties etc plus auctioneer fees.
Sounds like sh1te.

If he exists, and if his intention was to live in a house once his wife got pregnant why waste money buying an apartment in the first place?

I bought a small house in 2016, wife became pregnant in 2021, sold the house in 2021 to upsize. Its plausible.

trailer

"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Sounds like sh1te.

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:30:46 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 02:20:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2023, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 01:34:17 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he'll be selling at a loss due to a mass influx of migrants 'seeking a better life'. And you're brushing over that. Why?

Should they not seek a better life in the area to protect this guy's house price?

Well, why should we be obliged to provide a better life for the rest of the world, whilst making a worse life for our own?

Should just get the signs back up!! No Refugees allowed

No, that's not the logical conclusion of what I said. However, we basically don't deport bogus asylum seekers, let alone 'economic migrants' who shouldn't be here. Thus, I repeat the question:  why should we be obliged to provide a better life for the rest of the world, whilst making a worse life for our own?

Listening to some on here the standard of life in the South is top notch, that extra 6 months living longer average is the deal winner, and with the better roads its impossible to argue with!! So I don't know why people are complaining!

Nah, you're still dodging the point.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 12, 2023, 02:38:24 PM
"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Sounds like sh1te.

I bought a small house in 2016, wife became pregnant in 2021, sold the house in 2021 to upsize. Its plausible.

Did you lose out because a few migrants came to Tyrone?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: JoG2 on January 12, 2023, 02:14:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 02:05:58 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he'll be selling at a loss due to a mass influx of migrants 'seeking a better life'. And you're brushing over that. Why?

Should they not seek a better life in the area to protect this guy's house price?

Well, why should we be obliged to provide a better life for the rest of the world, whilst making a worse life for our own?

Should just get the signs back up!! No Refugees allowed

Of all country folk to be behaving like this too. Prob best not to give these right wing lunatics any air

Anybody who has an opinion contrary to you is rightwing or fuckwitted in some way. We can have a debate on this issue without resorting to this bullshite. You & your ilk try to shut down every conversation that does not suit your narrative. People in the political centre to right are beginning to see through this.

Milltown Row2

What are the numbers of refugees in the South?

What's the break down in terms of what they get?

Are they contributing to society?

What is the vetting process and if not why are people still voting in the government?  Tories got in on getting migrants out ;)

How much extra is the tax payer paying?

What's the unemployment rate like in the South? is there jobs for those (our own) that are missing out or having a poor standard of life?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Sounds like sh1te.

The link to the interview was on the East Wall post

They interviewed a bunch of people who lived in the adjacent apartments

I only listened to the first 2 or 3

Armagh18

"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Sounds like sh1te.

pisstake? Has to be

whitey

Ahhh-so they're economic migrants seeking a better life instead of persecuted refugees

Thanks for the clarification

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:39:54 PM
"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Sounds like sh1te.

Tyrone is full of immigrants. Dungannon has a huge East Timorese population. No protests yet. People in the North might be more tolerant.

AustinPowers

Are Ireland not  told how many refugees to take in  by their EU masters, whether they can afford to or not , or whether they have enough accommodation ?

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on January 12, 2023, 03:05:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:39:54 PM
"Recently bought"
"Wife now pregnant"
"Wants to sell"

Sounds like sh1te.

Tyrone is full of immigrants. Dungannon has a huge East Timorese population. No protests yet. People in the North might be more tolerant.

No - There is no far right in the north, just far left Eirigi lovers  ;D

The north as a tolerant society.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 12, 2023, 03:10:49 PM
Are Ireland not  told how many refugees to take in  by their EU masters, whether they can afford to or not , or whether they have enough accommodation ?

EU Masters? Where do you get this bollocks? Do you read the Daily Telegraph?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: highorlow on January 12, 2023, 09:07:06 AM
QuoteHe said there should be controlled immigration, not sure anyone disagrees with that 

That's exactly what he said. But protesters that are and were arguing the same are tainted as racists, anyhow the horse has bolted on this and as per usual the so called powers that be are been reactive rather than proactive. It's only when this matter ended up in Dublin starting with east wall did it come to the governments attention. It's something that's been an issue and brewing in rural Ireland for years where some small towns are already over capacity.

Towns have a "capacity?" And how big is this "capacity" exactly?