Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Rudi on January 12, 2023, 02:43:04 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 12, 2023, 02:14:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2023, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 01:34:17 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he'll be selling at a loss due to a mass influx of migrants 'seeking a better life'. And you're brushing over that. Why?

Should they not seek a better life in the area to protect this guy's house price?

Well, why should we be obliged to provide a better life for the rest of the world, whilst making a worse life for our own?

Should just get the signs back up!! No Refugees allowed

Of all country folk to be behaving like this too. Prob best not to give these right wing lunatics any air

Anybody who has an opinion contrary to you is rightwing or fuckwitted in some way. We can have a debate on this issue without resorting to this bullshite. You & your ilk try to shut down every conversation that does not suit your narrative. People in the political centre to right are beginning to see through this.

I'm all on for debate etc but this place is full of Daily Mail type sensationalist headlines and soundbites (and most to get a reaction, many from poster sock puppets too).

Rudi

Quote from: JoG2 on January 12, 2023, 03:41:56 PM
Quote from: Rudi on January 12, 2023, 02:43:04 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 12, 2023, 02:14:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2023, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 12, 2023, 01:34:17 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he'll be selling at a loss due to a mass influx of migrants 'seeking a better life'. And you're brushing over that. Why?

Should they not seek a better life in the area to protect this guy's house price?

Well, why should we be obliged to provide a better life for the rest of the world, whilst making a worse life for our own?

Should just get the signs back up!! No Refugees allowed

Of all country folk to be behaving like this too. Prob best not to give these right wing lunatics any air

Anybody who has an opinion contrary to you is rightwing or fuckwitted in some way. We can have a debate on this issue without resorting to this bullshite. You & your ilk try to shut down every conversation that does not suit your narrative. People in the political centre to right are beginning to see through this.

I'm all on for debate etc but this place is full of Daily Mail type sensationalist headlines and soundbites (and most to get a reaction, many from poster sock puppets too).

My experience is the opposite, the left on here are constantly shutting down debate - such as far right soundbites. You in particular are part of that cohort. I think your better than that.

I believe in controlled immigration, that doesn't make me far right. I also believe in being as decent as possible to people who have fallen on hard times, regardless of gender, sex, age, skin color etc. That doesn't make me a liberal.

The 3 most heinous murders that took place in this country last year, were the murders of a young lady in Tullamore by an immigrant & murders of 2 gay men in Sligo by an immigrant. Recently another young woman in Cork was murdered by an immigrant. This is not a statement of racism, its a statement of fact. We should be very careful who we allow into this country, lads on a boat, visibly throwing their passports into the Irish sea, should be sent back from where they came. An open door free for all is not the way to go, we don't have the infrastructure, key resources to support un-regulated immigration.

Rudi

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 12, 2023, 03:34:56 PM
Quote from: highorlow on January 12, 2023, 09:07:06 AM
QuoteHe said there should be controlled immigration, not sure anyone disagrees with that 

That's exactly what he said. But protesters that are and were arguing the same are tainted as racists, anyhow the horse has bolted on this and as per usual the so called powers that be are been reactive rather than proactive. It's only when this matter ended up in Dublin starting with east wall did it come to the governments attention. It's something that's been an issue and brewing in rural Ireland for years where some small towns are already over capacity.

Towns have a "capacity?" And how big is this "capacity" exactly?

Educated guess, would say availability of bulidings fit for purpose to house people in a dignified & safe manner. In terms of infrastructure sewage has to go somewhere, we are not India. Water supplies, local amenities, adequate school size with required student to teacher ratio. Doctors, hospitals near by. Just stuff in general, to keep a civilised society functioning.

Rossfan

The 2 people charged with those murders have something else in common....
They are MEN!

Immigration is already controlled from non EU/GB/EEA.
People claiming asylum have to be treated in accordance with international law.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Rossfan

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2023, 04:12:58 PM
They are MEN!

There ya go the Men baaad card gets played, straight out of the liberal hand book. They are close to 50% of the worlds population.

burdizzo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2023, 04:12:58 PM
They are MEN!

I'm sorry, you have no credibility. You're like that Henderson turd from the Refugee Council who refused to countenance that some people may come here because Ireland is "seen as a soft touch". Next you'll be trying to get people banned from here.

Milltown Row2

I'd say in Ireland you are still more likely to be murdered by a white man and raped by a white man?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

I think the calibre of the protesters can be judged by the person interviewed there who complained of "albinos" and "Americans from Georgia" coming. Ignorance can be manipulated.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 05:34:41 PM
I'd say in Ireland you are still more likely to be murdered by a white man and raped by a white man?
How dare you!!!
Only foreigners commit rape or murder in Ireland!

Saffrongael

You are, though some of the Eastern Europeans are punching above their weight when it comes to criminality
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 12, 2023, 06:06:59 PM

You are, though some of the Eastern Europeans are punching above their weight when it comes to criminality

Some of the Irish from certain groups are too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

So the rationale on here seems to be that seeing as there are some Irish people who commit crime we should then just open the doors and let anyone and everyone in, regardless of their background or criminal record

Makes perfect sense

burdizzo

Interesting that you should use the word "still". How long should we give it?