East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on February 19, 2023, 11:14:56 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 19, 2023, 09:09:39 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 18, 2023, 11:14:56 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 18, 2023, 09:52:04 PM
https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/c6264-european-union-planning-and-development-displaced-persons-from-ukraine-temporary-protection-regulations-2022/

Thanks

That's specific to Ukrainians fleeing the conflict

What about those seeking asylum or international protection?

Are they covered by the same or different laws?

Well the other nationalities seeking refugee status are dwarfed hugely by the Ukraine numbers so I'm curious as to why that is bothering you. Is it their skin colour you've the issue with? I suggest you do the research yourself, the laws are all online.

Who said it's bothering me

Did the govt pull a bait and switch and use the cover of that law to house people the law didn't  apply to?

It a completely relevant and appropriate question to ask?

What if you owned a house next to one of these centers (housing male asylum seekers) and the value plummeted or you couldn't sell as a result

I live within 3 miles of 2 of them. I help integrate them into society by getting them involved in local sports. I don't give a shit what the value of my home is as it's my home and I don't intend to sell it. I don't measure the world by monetary value - I'm not a yank.
If you have questions about whether government is acting illegally address them to your local representative.

I gave you the law for Ukrainian refugees, it doesn't fit with your rascist bias so you're moving on to the black regugees now. So it's bothering you.

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on February 19, 2023, 11:24:29 AM
https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/c6264-european-union-planning-and-development-displaced-persons-from-ukraine-temporary-protection-regulations-2022/

Thanks

Well the other nationalities seeking refugee status are dwarfed hugely by the Ukraine numbers so I'm curious as to why that is bothering you. Is it their skin colour you've the issue with? I suggest you do the research yourself, the laws are all online.

Did the govt pull a bait and switch and use the cover of that law to house people the law didn't  apply to?

What if you owned a house next to one of these centers (housing male asylum seekers) and the value plummeted or you couldn't sell as a result

I live within 3 miles of 2 of them. I help integrate them into society by getting them involved in local sports. I don't give a shit what the value of my home is as it's my home and I don't intend to sell it. I don't measure the world by monetary value - I'm not a yank.
If you have questions about whether government is acting illegally address them to your local representative.

I gave you the law for Ukrainian refugees, it doesn't fit with your rascist bias so you're moving on to the black regugees now. So it's bothering you.

You're very hostile to legitimate questions.

If you paid a mortgage for 30 years and your house (which is your main or only asset) is worth 20 or 30% less than it was worth before, isn't it a logical question to ask?

What do you think of Eamonn Ryan's plan to increase the population of Ireland to 10M by increasing the numbers of migrants "en masse" ?  I put a link up to the clip yesterday

Milltown Row2

We have the space we just need to invest in the right structures, again it doesn't concern you, you immigrated elsewhere but giving off about immigration here. Some mental gymnastics going on in your head lad.

I wonder do you post while wearing the white robe on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on February 19, 2023, 11:38:13 AM

Thanks

If you paid a mortgage for 30 years and your house (which is your main or only asset) is worth 20 or 30% less than it was worth before, isn't it a logical question to ask?

What do you think of Eamonn Ryan's plan to increase the population of Ireland to 10M by increasing the numbers of migrants "en masse" ?  I put a link up to the clip yesterday

I built my house in 2005. I have 10 yrs left on my mortgage or a little less. Despite these terrible foreigners being in my local town the price of property around here is going up, not down. If it was going down I wouldn't care anyway. Only a particular type of gobshite cares what the value of their family home is, the value should be about much more than money. Too long in yank land, you dont understand that

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2023, 11:50:04 AM
We have the space we just need to invest in the right structures, again it doesn't concern you, you immigrated elsewhere but giving off about immigration here. Some mental gymnastics going on in your head lad.

Why is it desirable to have 10M in the state?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 19, 2023, 01:00:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2023, 11:50:04 AM

Why is it desirable to have 10M in the state?

Is it desirable if it becomes a United Ireland anc we end up at some point with 10 million?

Is it just Irish people you want?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

The state as it currently is, I think is what Eamon Ryan was referring to - or what the plan is. I'd be happy to have a united Ireland, but I still don't think it desirable to have 10M in it.

Should it just be Irish people? No; but it should be mostly Irish people.

whitey

Quote from: burdizzo on February 19, 2023, 02:35:56 PM
The state as it currently is, I think is what Eamon Ryan was referring to - or what the plan is. I'd be happy to have a united Ireland, but I still don't think it desirable to have 10M in it.

There were people chanting "no borders, no nations.....stop deportations" at the rally yesterday

I'm all for immigrants.....just not unlimited, unvetted and unidentifiable ones

tonto1888

Quote from: whitey on February 18, 2023, 09:26:51 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 18, 2023, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: Upandover on February 18, 2023, 07:42:38 PM
Im by no means facist or right wing, but when homeless people born here are dying amd receiving very little support it can be infuriating seeing people welcomed and placed in hotels.

It surely isnt their fault that they are fleeing wars etc and the anger or discussion needs to be directed at governments, not that it will change much, but the people here deserve to be treated better and have more support.

I do assume that big business is making plenty of money housing immigrants in hotels, no empty rooms and government paying out plenty, no profit to be had in housing the native homeless people.

The vast majority of the fascist, right wingers is that they don't give a sh1te about the homeless, they just hate foreigners. There's a lot of people making noise now, spouting populist, opportunistic nonsense when they never said a word about the homeless before now.

Planning laws can be ignored to accomadate refugees but not ignored to accomadate the Irish homeless-big difference

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/housing-planning/2022/11/17/no-planning-permission-needed-for-two-years-on-converting-buildings-to-house-ukrainian-refugees/

Ukrainian refugees. That's why that happened

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 19, 2023, 02:35:56 PM

Is it not mostly Irish? How many are non Irish?

burdizzo

We were talking about 10M. If we jump to 10M, the extra will be mostly not-Irish people.

clonadmad

Thanks

Can you post up the link please.

There has been talk particularly by the likes of David McWilliams of planning for a population of 10m in a United Ireland by 2050

Given that the population on the Island is currently over 7m and the population in the ROI grew by 7.6% between 2016 and 2022,the 10m figure is well within reach of being hit by 2050 without any mass migration

burdizzo

Not with a 1.8% fertility rate.

whitey

Quote from: clonadmad on February 19, 2023, 07:12:04 PM

Thanks

Can you post up the link please.

There has been talk particularly by the likes of David McWilliams of planning for a population of 10m in a United Ireland by 2050

Given that the population on the Island is currently over 7m and the population in the ROI grew by 7.6% between 2016 and 2022,the 10m figure is well within reach of being hit by 2050 without any mass migration

https://youtu.be/KOjI0wZfdEg

I said en masse-that was incorrect

He used the term "bringing in refugees in scale" which would be the same thing imo

Baile Brigín 2

Thanks

Ryan doesn't have 'a plan' to increase the population. He stated that there would be a sharp increase in refugees and we would need to start planning for a significant population jump.

And he was 100% right