Creeslough filling station explosion

Started by markl121, October 07, 2022, 04:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Absolute tragedy. Life can be so very cruel. Hard to comprehend something like this happening as people went about their normal business. The news will be even harder to watch as they start to put names and faces to the deceased esp. the young ones.

Thinking of everyone caught up in this. May they get the strength from somewhere for the days and months ahead.

seafoid

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on October 09, 2022, 05:44:14 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 08, 2022, 05:58:52 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobinSwannMoH/status/1578472469630812160
The support from the North was comprehensive. Swann is UUp. Would a DUP Health Minister have done the same ?

I'd be surprised if he had to "do" anything, but I couldn't see the response being any different from the DUP for something like this, TBH.

imtommygunn

Wouldn't have mattered. Nothing political here at all - just a terrible tragedy.

Rossfan

Doubt if any Ministers involved.
I'd expect local Fire and Ambulance chiefs to make those decisions.
Really hitting home now that names and faces of the victims are becoming known.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

It is just the most unimaginable tragedy. An entire community just has had the heart ripped out of it. Praying that they will somehow find the strength over the coming days, weeks and years. Truly awful.

Armagh18

Thoughts and prayers for all affected. Absolutely awful. Could literally have been any of us or our friends or relatives.

Of course a huge thank you to the emergency services as always.

Rois

The names and pictures have all been released - makes it even worse, if that is possible. Poor poor Creeslough.

AustinPowers

It all becomes more real when the names and photos are released.

God help them all

Captain Scarlet

RIP to all the victims.
When you hear some of the cruel luck from people nipping in to use an ATM or buying bits in the shop it's so so sad.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Walter Cronc

Picture of that wee 5 year old would break your heart. God love all of them!

laoislad

Absolutely horrendous, I'm sure like a lot of you I can't stop thinking about it.
To be doing something so mundane as paying for petrol or getting something from a deli and for that to happen it's just shocking.
RIP to all those that died and to those injured hopefully they make quick recoveries.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on October 09, 2022, 01:47:59 PM
RIP to all the victims.
When you hear some of the cruel luck from people nipping in to use an ATM or buying bits in the shop it's so so sad.
So sad when reading about the stories, talk about the wrong place at the wrong time. Heart goes out to the families that have lost their loved ones.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

I do hope the media leave the people of Creeslough soon to do their own thing and give them the privacy that they deserve in their journey back to some sort of normality.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 10, 2022, 10:25:08 PM
I do hope the media leave the people of Creeslough soon to do their own thing and give them the privacy that they deserve in their journey back to some sort of normality.
There is an ongoing investigation, potentially some sort of inquest and possible repercussions for someone depending on the outcome. Normality is a while away.