Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2022, 11:02:05 AM
No holidays will be booked then? Rubbish, January will be typically tight with its '6' weeks!! Feb is a short month and people will be sorting out their family holidays..

You only have to look at the holiday thread here to see it at times.

If you have a job, and there's plenty about, and budget right, you'll be fine, I'm actually looking at doing a second job, just to keep me busy, kids are up and gone so rather sitting on the sofa might as well earn some extra money.

Sure its Boomers like you the young uns are giving off about, bought a house for peanuts in the 80s, no mortgages, kids gone. You're not the demographic expected to struggle MR2!

Rossfan

, I'm actually looking at doing a second job, just to keep me busy, kids are up and gone so rather sitting on the sofa might as well earn some extra money.
Given up refereeing???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 29, 2022, 12:01:35 PM
, I'm actually looking at doing a second job, just to keep me busy, kids are up and gone so rather sitting on the sofa might as well earn some extra money.
Given up refereeing???

Defo not a second job, I suppose it pays for Xmas and holiday spending money!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on December 29, 2022, 11:18:40 AM
No holidays will be booked then? Rubbish, January will be typically tight with its '6' weeks!! Feb is a short month and people will be sorting out their family holidays..

You only have to look at the holiday thread here to see it at times.

If you have a job, and there's plenty about, and budget right, you'll be fine, I'm actually looking at doing a second job, just to keep me busy, kids are up and gone so rather sitting on the sofa might as well earn some extra money.

Sure its Boomers like you the young uns are giving off about, bought a house for peanuts in the 80s, no mortgages, kids gone. You're not the demographic expected to struggle MR2!

I wish!! House wasn't bought till late 90's so mortgage won't be paid for while yet unfortunately, but currently paying for two kids away at college, their free ride will certainly ease things!

As you say kids will struggle going forward, but that's something they'll have to work out for themselves  8)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

The issue will be with one's who bought houses within the last 5 years with mortgages now increasing.

Milltown Row2

Anyone get their £600 yet?

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2023, 10:34:41 PM

You'd notice it with all your referee expenses landing into the account too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 17, 2023, 09:01:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2023, 10:34:41 PM

You'd notice it with all your referee expenses landing into the account too.

Those expenses go towards my counseling I need after hearing all the bleeding heart stories during a game!!

Hereiam

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66085232

We all just bend over and accept that we are getting screwed

seafoid

Quote from: tyrone08 on December 29, 2022, 01:44:18 PM
The issue will be with one's who bought houses within the last 5 years with mortgages now increasing.
Rates haven't stopped rising either
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 07:27:35 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on December 29, 2022, 01:44:18 PM
Rates haven't stopped rising either

House up for sale around the corner from me, went up 2 or 3 weeks ago, drove past earlier, sold sign up, other friends just moved very recently and bidding war too, so its not stopping people buying these increases in mortgages

Olly

The last thing I expected to rise in cost was underwear. I was in Tesco the other day and 5 pairs of pants were £20 and it's not the ones with the buttons on the front too. It's the ones you've to pull right down when standing up.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Aristo 60

Its all about the elasticity of the drawers. Poor elasticity and they always drop when you least expect it. I read about this in an economics text.

Olly

Whoever invented elasticity in clothes should be awarded the Nobel Prize for Science even if he or she is dead.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

5times5times

Slightly off-topic, but anyone here work closely with pensions? unsure whether to keep my old policy from previous employer, or take on the new one?

google telling me the former, but hopefully someone here knows better than I.