Diesel, petrol, oil price watch

Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Anybody hearing anything about the price of heating oil 'coincidentally' increasing just when the £600 payments are starting to be issued?

Saffrongael

Quote from: LC on January 20, 2023, 08:04:26 AM
Anybody hearing anything about the price of heating oil 'coincidentally' increasing just when the £600 payments are starting to be issued?

Will anyone be using it all for heating ? I doubt it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: LC on January 20, 2023, 08:04:26 AM

Have been keeping an eye on the price of heating oil over the last few weeks and it hasn't changed very much. But the sceptic in me thinks this is bound to happen.

Armagh18

You'd imagine that between this cold snap and the £600 voucher heating oil prices will go up a bit. Although hopefully another month or so and the heat wont be needed as much.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 20, 2023, 09:45:44 AM
You'd imagine that between this cold snap and the £600 voucher heating oil prices will go up a bit. Although hopefully another month or so and the heat wont be needed as much.

To be 13 degrees next week so the demand to turn the oil on will have gone over the weekend, I'd like to see how much the travel companies do this week? There might be a spike in their sales ... A lot of £600 deposits going down for a trip to Santa Ponsa
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2023, 09:51:00 AM

To be 13 degrees next week so the demand to turn the oil on will have gone over the weekend, I'd like to see how much the travel companies do this week? There might be a spike in their sales ... A lot of £600 deposits going down for a trip to Santa Ponsa
Is it? Thank god lol.

Yeah I reckon you could be right in a lot of cases.

RedHand88

It's all anyone is talking about at work, ones on minimum to low wage booking holidays left right and centre.
The crisis is completely overblown by the media.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 20, 2023, 11:58:41 AM

It's all anyone is talking about at work, ones on minimum to low wage booking holidays left right and centre.
Thats good i suppose! Although there are definitely people genuinely struggling to make ends meet.

armaghniac

Someone in the Russian embassy thought he should post this map. However, it shows Crimea as part of Ukraine, so the culprit has now been moved to Siberia.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

I actually be using a bit of it on oil, but I wait to it goes down abit, was £250 for 300L before December, then jumped to £290, went to £260 last week, think up to £270. We see if it goes down nxt week then it gets abit warmer.

smort

Easy for people to say things when it doesn't effect them. Got our voucher in the post, have spent 345 on oil and put 100 into the keypad meter, rest will be used on food. Very grateful for it as have been going in to the overdraft each month, for the last few months

Franko

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 20, 2023, 11:58:41 AM

The plural of anecdote is not evidence.

Square Ball

Mine will be £300 on gas and £300 on electric, but will not be putting it on yet, still using electric bought at 17.8 per kwh and gas bought in September/November.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Wildweasel74

Oil up £20 or so for 300L in a week, cold snap over, but just in time for the fuel voucher been issued, surprise suprise!

Milltown Row2

If you pay a monthly bill goes it go to your bank account or do you get voucher?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea