NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

I had a look at the subs Dublin brought on in their three league games so far.

Armagh

Ross McGarry
Dean Rock
Cameron McCormack
Lorcan O'Dell
Sean McMahon

Kerry

Ciaran Archer
Ryan Basquel
Ross McGarry
Killian McGinnis
CJ Smith

Mayo

Ross McGarry
Johnny Cooper
Cian Murphy
Alex Wright
Henry Ladd

13 different players used as subs in 3 games says a world about the state of the Dublin squad at the moment.

Bar a couple of exceptions, most of these haven't played any league games never mind any championship minutes.

The phrase wildly inexperienced springs to mind looking at that.

balladmaker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2022, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on February 19, 2022, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 19, 2022, 07:44:25 PM
Has anyone on this board stood behind the goals and kicked a ball back onto the pitch, thereby delaying the game?

If so, you're an idiot.

Time for ball boys, it's a feckin joke at this stage ... umpires standing like statues and won't remove a ball from the field.

They ain't supposed to get the ball! The keeper or defender is fit enough for that

When kickouts are crucial and the need for a quick kick out ever more apparent, do you not think there's a need for a ball boy/girl to sort that out when some eejit kicks the ball onto the field and directly interferes with the game?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2022, 09:29:14 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on February 19, 2022, 09:27:23 PM
Cannot believe how quickly Dublin have fallen apart considering how dominant they were

Every team has its day in the sun, Dublin have had cracking days but the hunger, age, ability might not be there.
[/quote

Not 100% on retirements but commentator tonite said mccarthy ocallaghan the other small and one or two others to come back. I wouldnt write them off just yet...]

Halfquarter

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2022, 08:48:02 PM
Pink boots! Is this for charity ?

The Dubs have been fairly charitable in recent matches alright !

sid waddell

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 19, 2022, 09:56:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2022, 09:29:14 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on February 19, 2022, 09:27:23 PM
Cannot believe how quickly Dublin have fallen apart considering how dominant they were

Every team has its day in the sun, Dublin have had cracking days but the hunger, age, ability might not be there.

Not 100% on retirements but commentator tonite said mccarthy ocallaghan the other small and one or two others to come back. I wouldnt write them off just yet...]
I would. Going absolutely nowhere. The second half tonight was utterly abject.

bennydorano

I would make a bold prediction that Dublin or Tyrone will not win Sam. A toss up between Kerry or Mayo, if luck runs with Donegal or Armagh they might make AIF.

sid waddell

Quote from: bennydorano on February 19, 2022, 10:37:52 PM
I would make a bold prediction that Dublin or Tyrone will not win Sam. A toss up between Kerry or Mayo, if luck runs with Donegal or Armagh they might make AIF.
Any one of about eight teams could win it and none are Dublin. I don't see Kerry being beaten by any team outside of Mayo, Donegal or Tyrone though. But Mayo and especially Donegal or Tyrone could be beaten by a load of teams.

HokeyPokey

Think it's entirely too early to write off Dublin. I wouldn't fancy them, but I'd be slow to write them off. We're only half way through the league and Tyrone were in a far worse place at the end of the league last year than Dublin are now.

There aren't m(any) better backs than McCarthy in the country. There aren't m(any) better midfielders than Fenton in the country. There aren't m(any) better forwards than O'Callaghan in the country.

lenny

Quote from: bennydorano on February 19, 2022, 10:37:52 PM

It'll be Tyrone or Kerry. Mayo have no cutting edge and Dublin are gone.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: HokeyPokey on February 19, 2022, 10:58:22 PM
Think it's entirely too early to write off Dublin. I wouldn't fancy them, but I'd be slow to write them off. We're only half way through the league and Tyrone were in a far worse place at the end of the league last year than Dublin are now.

There aren't m(any) better backs than McCarthy in the country. There aren't m(any) better midfielders than Fenton in the country. There aren't m(any) better forwards than O'Callaghan in the country.

Not too early the decline was clearly visible last summer. Fenton is struggling without a decent midfield partner, McCarthys best days are behind him and while O'Callaghan is a talented footballer he won't able to fix malfunctioning forward line.

Dublin are now back to the 1996 to 2010 era (a side that won't be winning or reaching All-Ireland finals)

Armamike

No need to split them in half now then?
That's just, like your opinion man.

imtommygunn

Quote from: HokeyPokey on February 19, 2022, 10:58:22 PM

This. When it comes down to business end they'll still beat most teams. At the minute Kerry would have to be favourites but again hard to know in a real battle how they will hold up.

imtommygunn

I think it was 9-4 Monaghan. Armagh goaled shortly after.

Milltown Row2

Does anyone think he did it on purpose?

It was from the multiple views, over the line, I haven't seen a proper clear still of it but from the rolling footage  I've seen in real time it looked over.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea